Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    The ooze grows three pseudopods. Two of them go after TIAXINA, one after Imoen. TIAXINA takes 23 damage as the Psuedopods strike her from two directions at once. The third hits Imoen, who takes 10 damage.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    What are all our fighters doing? Where's my hero Sarevok? This slime only fights girls!
    Are my slingshots having any effect?
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    edited August 2012
    Where is the wall of men? there should be 4 burly heroes between that beast and Tiaxina by now.

*Tiaxina backs away quickly towards the door and flings bullet after bullet at the ooze.*
    I'm sure we can outrun this thing. Imoen and Tiaxina you should run out of the room and leave this to the knights in shining armour.
    Okay. Sarevok and Minsc are the only hits out of the entire crew (Kivan rolled a 1- EPIC FAIL). Minsc did 13 Damage, but his weapon fails its save and is eaten away by the Gray Ooze's corrosion. Sarevok does 9 damage, but his weapon also fails its save. Alora and Imoen hit, but almost no damage is taken by the ooze because of its corrosion eating away their bullets.

The ooze is hurt, but still alive and well, smacking.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I know, right? Where are the large, burly men with swords?
    Imoen, if the ooze is between you and the door you should use your spider slippers to go over the ceiling and get out.
    Imoen runs away from the ooze and attempts to hide in the shadows. If she succeeds, she puts away her bow and pulls her Xzara Memorial +2 dagger.
    *Tiaxina casts Flame Blade*
    Alora runs forward (boots of speed) and hands Sarevok her +1 dagger. She then runs away and resumes her barrage.

Could Minsc and Sarevok pour the acid onto the ooze?
    This turn, the Ooze attacks Kivan, twice, hitting once, and Smacks Sarevok silly (rolled a 20). His armor begins to corrode, and he sees stars (lose 1 round). Kivan takes 7, and Sarevok 11.
    If Alora can get past the ooze she will run over to the acid vat fill up a clay pot and carry it to Imoen. Imoen can then spider climb onto the ceiling and pour acid on the ooze.
    Crap. The stupid things dissolve weapons. Uhm... Imoen puts away the +2 dagger since she rather likes it. She pulls her short sword, still hoping she's concealed, and tries desperately to think of a better plan.
    And forsooth, @Permidion_Stark Alora has a better plan. Imoen hears and obeys, climbing up the wall and onto the ceiling and heading for the door while thinking shadow-friendly thoughts.
    I think the acid could work. We just need to make sure we don't splash ourselves.
    OOC: when my spell is prepared I shall neck a healing potion and go back into the fray and stick my flame blade so far into its non existent orifices... you get the point
    Imoen grins. "On it. Give this," she hands Alora the +2 dagger "to Minsc on your next run and I'll carry the acid pot for you.
    Alora runs forward and hands Imoen's +2 dagger to Minsc. Then runs back to the acid bath to fill another pot of acid for Imoen to pour from the ceiling onto the ooze.
    Xan casts Acid Arrow...for a measly 1 damage. TIAXINA casts Flame Blade...no effect. Kivan hits the ooze with an arrow. It seems to work, but... not well. Keldorn misses so badly, his sword sinks into one of the wooden tables... and sticks there.. Ajantis merely misses. The ooze lives. DM Aside: RUN, COWARDS! I LIVE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XEINagmaU
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    I shall name the ooze "Oozinator"!

*Kivan switches from bow to mace and shield.*

OOC: You'd think that with such a large vat of acid, it would produce a fairly strong odor.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    The paladin shoots at the ooze with his bow, does not want to lose his sword, for the moment.
    You are getting that close to the Ooze, to get the acid?
    Why does Sinistar sound like Stephen Hawking?
    edited August 2012
    Well, the bow doesn't seem to do much to the ooze, so I'll try smashing it. If it's not effective, then I'll retreat.
    LadyRhian said:

You are getting that close to the Ooze, to get the acid?

Yes but I am going very fast and I am very small and he probably won't notice me ...

OOC: Are you saying my spell fizzled or the flame blade didnt effect the ooze?
    Imoen is shooting at the ooze until it's time to dump acid.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I heal Alora and then draw my crosswbow and shoot
    Let me know when you dump the acid so I can run!