Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    She has a cloak and boots, but that's it.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Alora darling, Tiaxina believes you should run and get Xzara's robe for Imoen to wear. It may not do much for her, but atleast she can retain some dignity.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    You need to chill out Sarevok. Loosen up and relax, or you'll get wrinkles on your bald head.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    and be quick about it! Make those tiny feet a blur.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Sarevok's huge burliness makes Xan turn away and look for something else to think about, for lack of another term. He wants to say something to Imoen, but any approach would be pointless. There would be no use in pursuing such a creature and no hope of winning her, even if he were foolish enough to pursue. Fate was a crueler mistress than he'd even divined, which was a thoroughly disheartening thought.
    edited August 2012
    Tiaxina, Xzara's robes have 6 large holes in it, not to mention covered in blood and poison...
    Alora runs back and gets Xzara's Robe. It's kinda bloody and covered in poison, but mostly intact. When Imoen puts it on, you can see that she's, um, more muscular than Xzara was, and fills out the robe much, much better- so much so that it's almost indecent, with the holes from the spikes. Thankfully, the cloak covers those so that she isn't inadvertantly flashing the rest of the party.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I must have a spare shirt in my bag. it should be a large dress for her, but it'll be better than nothing.
    @Awong124 DM: He'd end up looking like Irenicus!
    Xan's brain was fighting between urgest to peek and a healthy fear of the burly warrior evil man. Fortunately, he was one of the wise and, therefore, the brain won out. Even though it was pointless to resist, or to even think, which was a bit ironic.
    Looking like Irenicus would be an improvement.
    Unlike Xan, Kivan had no such reservations about staring at Imoen's body.
    Go to hell Kivan, then tell me if I can loosen up. No matter what I do, I return there, I seem fated now to death and rebirth eternal for my grievances. It is as if the Lady of Pain herself has found a way to torment me in this realm. I recall a life, one where your arrows pierced me a dozen times. I remember another where my sword sundered you in half but yet others finished the job and my body decayed to dust.

Always my life ends in misery, except for one small gift, given freely. Now I try to right my wrongs, but I still feel the drive, that essence in me that seeks chaos and destruction. That essence of me echoes in this tomb. This place is more evil than any of us can ever fathom.

Xan maybe right, it is hopeless to continue... but the miracle we just experienced says we must continue, some other force leads us on. My next death approaches, I am ready to proceed.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    "It's still just me." Imoen blushes a bit as she dons the robe, but once it's on, she starts to move more confidently, winking knowingly at Xan as he tries not to peek and fails.
    "Well, moping about it isn't going to make it better!"
    *Tiaxina whispers into Imoen's ear* It seems the boys are mighty fond of you now that they have seen the little girl is all grown up under her clothes, Tiaxina can understand why, you are not half bad looking, a little tall perhaps. Now rest. Tiaxina plans to fix you up, good as new.

*Tiaxina begins casting cure moderate wounds on Imoen* (under the assumption she is still pretty beat up)
    @Awong124 because Kivan is strong enough to hold Sarevok at bay...

Xan begins considering Tenser's transformation and improved haste, just in case the big beast has a protective streak toward the awfully pretty young thing...
    Oh guys, any heals for me. I can see my elbow, and not in a good way.
    Keldorn offers one of his shirts to Imoen

Here, I think it'll be large in you, but should cover you better than a bloodied piece of cloth.
    Everybody want to take a rest and heal here for a bit? (IC time, I can move on afterwards...)
    Sorry warrior I already used my healing power for today. Maybe Ajantis or Tiaxina can help you now.
    edited August 2012
    "This is a good time to rest, my feet are killing me!"
    OOC: Resting up and healing sounds good. I have a few heal spells left I would dot around. What does IC time mean?
    OOC Better not to advance if anyone is not in full health... We just saw how fast full health goes to death here...
    All his knowledge, and, yet, Xan didn't think of such a thing. It only reminded him how pointless it was to think of such things as... Well, females. They were trouble and anything with them was bound to end badly. Such was the way of things, leaving him feeling hollow. As it should be, of course, as it was easier not to get disappointed by the harshness of the world when it was such...
    OOC: Can we get an update on the vats situation? and if I have any pole at all left? And in a moment of Roll-playing, how low my hit points are, before I do something stupid like stick my arm into a vat of acid to pull out a "key"?
    edited August 2012
    @Evinfuilt - LOW hit points are relative. That arm has more hit points than Xan's entire scrawny body :P

EDIT: Added adjective
    Okay, gotta take a phone call, brb.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @reedmilfam Yes, yes they are. But someone should help Sarevok too. I feel bad now for drinking that potion. It didn't do me much good. :)
    OOC: How about a recap of everybody's hp at this point?