Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @jhart1018 Since you didn't actually die, that potion should still be working.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    @reedmilfam well at least you have some form of armor. Actually, I just recalled my armor only started to corrode. I believe I'm still armored (and with a shield.) Not that, will do much. I need to find a weapon, preferrably a 2-handed sword. Is the scimitar from the bone juggernaught too large? I am huge after all.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Moving away from the group, Xan sat on the rubble-strewn passage, his back to the rest of the party, and pondered the keen edges of Moonblade. Usually, this would serve to clear his mind, but it was muddled and addled by recent events and things that could not be unseen...
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    OOC I was only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, there's only one thing to do when you're all dead--go through the queue and look for a new NPC.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    You have an Ogres strength, I reckon you could wield that blade. I have a spare shortsword I carried (I know Clerics can't use swords, but an exception because my god WAS cyric) I don't use it now so someone can have it
    OOC: Yeah, you didn't die, so that regen potion should still be regening.
    @jhart1018 - it wasn't a reason NOT to heal him - more a comedic inject :D.... reedmilfam =/= Xan
    OOC: Since DM is away for a bit, I'm gonna go shower. Be back in a bit.
    OOC-ish Minsc can hang on to my dagger, if he wishes. I'm keeping the bow. Wait...I grabbed Xzara's bracers, too. They're bracers of AC 4. I think I can wear them, right? And I've still got the Cloak of Protection +3. At least the spider climb slippers are intact, too.
    I also have a spare short sword, I think. Unless it got dissolved, too.
    Xan, I'm sorry you had to witness that moment of hope, if you'd like to feel worse I could tell you that this is the first time I recall meeting you. You are mostly likely too inept to have even beaten my own lair.
    @jhart1018 - Yes. The bracers will work for Imoen...
    @LadyRhian - I'd be surprised if the warriors don't have mundane backup weapons... Heck, I'd expect to have a dagger at my belt, should something happen to Moonblade. Don't know the expectations here - low monsters/loot means no replenishment weapons :( Alternately - maybe some other adventurers died here before we did? Something? Neeeeeed loooooooooooooooooooot.
    "None of us are perfect, Sarevok - it is pointless to think otherwise." Xan kept his chin down and face away from the party, as he didn't want his own hopes to rise. He had very good reasons for this, for he knew better. Dejected, he continued, "Though I am surprised not to have undertaken so fruitless an effort as to attempt to beat you. It would have been an acceptable doom."
    OOC: Am I staying mopey enough? Hard not to be affected by all of this pointless optimism! Also, HP seem almost irrelevant, since most things have been instaDeath. Xan Approves, +15
    Imoen straps the bracers to her wrists. "Some say it's ghoulish to strip the dead. I think it's simply good strategy."
    *Voice: It seems you ignored my advice once again. The girl lives and the rage in Sarevok has subsided, but a new opportunity arises. Xan and Sarevok both have eyes for little Imoen, and you shall use this to your advantage. Pick your corner, sway Imoens glances towards them and crush the other onlooker. Xan is filled with such despair, maybe it is time to give him the final crushing blow, one to the heart.*
    *Tiaxina says very quietly*
    Just leave Tiaxina alone, She wants nothing to do with you.
    *For a split second, Imoen's eyes fill with terrible pain as she hears Tiaxina's decree and in the time it takes to recognize the expression the pain is gone and Imoen rests quietly against the stone wall.*
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay. In the vats- under where the Ur-Gray Ooze was is half of a key. The bottom half, it looks like. It's gold in color. HP- Alora 42/62, Kivan 95/102, Minsc 89/111, TIAXINA 47/70, Ajantis 111/120, Keldorn- Unharmed, Sarevok 110/126, Imoen 88/88, xab 43/43.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    Keldorn comes closer to Tiaxina.

Tiaxina you did a good thing back there. You risked your life trying to save other.... maybe I was wrong and something good can come out of this spell you're under after all.
    *Tiaxina casts Cure medium wounds on herself, cure light wounds on alora and Sarevok*
    Imoen starts laughing like a maniac. "I already took an acid shower today. I am NOT taking an acid bath, too. I'm as exfoliated as I ever care to be."
    *Casts cure light wounds on self*
    edited August 2012
    A sacrifice is needed...
    *removes gauntlet and reaches into the vat to pull out the other key half*
    Thankyou Keldorn, you did your best to protect Imoen and even shield Tiaxina from harm. Tiaxina is not Tiax, However much it must scorn him. She is her own person, she is different, and wants to stay that way.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I... start to believe. It's just that I've been fooled by evil magic before. And Helm teaches us to be ever on watch for evil.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Sarevok plunges his arm into the acid and chases the other half of the key. It takes 7 long, painful minutes to find and grab it. Sarevok takes 35 Acid damage. Most of the skin on his arm is gone by the time he pulls it out. The strange thing is, when you match the halves of the key, they instantly unite and become one. It's very like magic.
    Xan leaps forward and shouts, "Wait!" @Evinfuilt - stop
    "Maybe we can graft that gargoyle arm onto Sarevok."
    *Mid conversation with Keldorn Tiaxina turns and screams....*
    Sarevok are you INSANE, Tiaxina is not strong enough to heal you anymore, and even at her strongest if you lose an arm she can not bring it back
    It is all hopeless, but, since he was stuck here anyway, it was best to approach doom with panache. Or, maybe it wasn't, but that was beside the point. Regardless, he did have a scroll that would help. @LadyRhian - Utilize the Levitate scroll to lift the key via Levitate.