Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay. We can do that! I have to work from 4 PM to 9 PM EST tomorrow, I'll probably be at home and online by 10 or 10:30.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Let's pause before IchigoRXC becomes a real life undead :)
    @minevese LOL!
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    You'd think that being mostly dead would be restful, but no. Imoen sleeps almost instantly and dreams. She dreams she's inside the acid tank, burning horribly watching her sleeping friends. She can't move, can't breathe, can't think for the pain. She pounds on the glass, praying, begging for someone to hear her, someone to help her. A cruel chuckle echoes in her mind. "Kill me," she whispers, and acid pours into her mouth...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Xan tries to sleep, hugging his scabbarded Moonblade and thinking things that will only add to his despair...
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    OOC: I don't think I´ll be here tommorow at that time. If it´s needed Ajantis will risk his life protecting others.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    *The thought of Imoen's naked body will give Kivan sweet dreams tonight.*
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I never knew Kivan to be so focused on women. What about Deheriana?
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    edited August 2012
    *Sarevok begins his usual dreams of fire, crushing stones, jagged spears being thrust into his side. It is home, it is where Xan fears most, it is ... peaceful, here he is not alone, he feels another presence.

Then the fires subside, a light appears above and hope builds in his heart. He reaches toward the light, but upon seeing only a skeletal hand draws it back. He turns away and embraces the fires below, let them scour away his evils. There is no redemption here nor back in the Tomb. He see's Tamoko's face in the fire and knows this path is true. The eternal trial is his reward, it is his redemption.*

*muttering in his sleep* Tamoko... forgive me... leave me... Tamoko... Tamoko...
    edited August 2012
    OOC: and on that note, night y'all.
    edited August 2012
    Paladin said:

I never knew Kivan to be so focused on women. What about Deheriana?

She'll always be his one true love. But he makes the best of the situation in her absence.

OOC: On a side note, I just noticed that Kivan's strength at 18/12 makes him freakishly strong for an elf. It makes him effectively as strong as Uthegental Del'Armgo, the biggest, strongest Drow that ever lived. Uthegental was over 6' tall and weighed over 200 lbs, and had a strength of 18/33 (which is practically equivalent to 18/12 in 2E rules).
    @Awong124 Which was why I commented on 'holding your own'. Xan is a weakling in comparison.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora is very unhappy. It was her stupid idea for Imoen to climb up on the ceiling and because of it Imoen nearly got killed.

Alora doesn't go to sleep. She hurries back to the room with the three chests and gets the scimitars the skellington was using. She drags them back in the hope that they will be of some use to the party.

Alora then checks Imoen is asleep before taking off her own +2 ring of protection and swapping it for Imoen's +1 ring.

Alora then sits in a corner feeling sad. She noticed how all the boys looked at Imoen when all her clothes fell off and suspects her friend is going to get asked out on lots of dates when they get out of this dungeon. And Alora will be back to spending Saturday nights sitting at home eating cookie dough.
    OOC The session is going to start too late for me tonight so I'm afraid I won't be able to join you. I then have friends coming to stay for a couple of days (the kind of friends who don't know that I spend my evenings pretending to be an insanely cheerful female halfling) so I will be out of commission until Saturday.

Would anyone like to take over Alora while I am gone?

After her Grey Ooze experience Alora is now very way of slimes, puddings etc. Whenever she comes to an apparently empty corridor she will fire her sling down it to see if she hits a Gelatinous Cube and when going through doors she will always check that no Green Slime is hanging there waiting to drop on her.

Alora also notes that there is one vat in this room we haven't checked. However, she suspects it will turn out to contain an Ochre Jelly.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

Would anyone like to take over Alora while I am gone?

Hello!

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001

This is Tiaxina... just so you know. Kivan... don't get any ideas.

Also @LadyRhian In BG the halflings have pointy ears and the gnomes don't but in 4e gnomes have pointy ears and Halflings don't... When did this change occur?
    @Drugar

Sir, I entrust her into your care. I hope you have as much fun playing her as I have.

If you want to go the whole hog you can find her portrait here: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Special:NewFiles?until=20110227132612
    To avoid confusion I will go back to my Permidion Stark picture until I return.

Alora's current situation is that she has just exchanged her +2 protection ring for Imoen's +1 ring so I think that makes her AC3 (she is wearing +1 leather) and she has got a +1 dagger (I'm assuming Sarevok let her have it back after she gave it to him in the last fight)

I think she was healed after the fight but I don't think she is up to her full 62 HP.

She has got close to 100% in everything except climbing (she's not great at that) and languages, which she is hopeless at.

She possesses a potion of flight (given to her by Sarevok) and Boots of Speed.

She currently believes everything Sarevok says and is inclined to tag along behind him like a puppy dog. She is in awe of Imoen, who is everything she would like to be but isn't.

She is currently sad but come the dawn she will be unbearably cheerful again and eager to get on with things.

Good luck with her. I hope you manage to keep her alive until Saturday but I won't hold it against you if this doesn't prove possible. Being reckless and having very low wisdom aren't a great combination in a dungeon full of traps ...
    So far she's survived everything.
    I'll make sure she comes out of the tomb the richest of all (and possibly the only one, yes)
    @Drugar you say that, but I hold ALL of the money and gems at the moment. Do you really want to mess with Tiaxina plagued by an aspect of Tiax in her mind. ;)

On a different note, I wish you luck Drugar. You were mighty unlucky and if you hadn't been dissolved by asp poison I may have considered (I did consider) resurrecting you :P
    Backstab is a thief ability.
    Just sayin'.
    @Permidion_Stark as if Xan would ever take such a risk. Having Sarevok dismember him is a strong deterrent!

@IchigoRXC - I'm thinking Tiaxina is aesthetically a huge improvement with wonderful... tracts of land. As for the gems, most are powder, now. Xan holds the only 'good' one (surprised Xiaxina hasn't come to 'relieve' him of it...). Lastly, do you really think telling Kivan not to get any ideas is going to have any effect? I surely don't :)

@LadyRhian (and others) - I'm Mr. Mom on Wednesday, doing all driving and cooking (slave labor helps with the dishes, though), so I'll be spotty. General strategy will be 'hold monster' on the scariest baddie, followed by Monster Summoning for a meat shield.
    @Drugar I know it well ;) Thief/Cleric

@reedmilfam I am leaving you with the all seeing eye, I can't do everything around here ;) and I feel you are one gem too many for suicide, take that gem and we will be down another mage ;)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Minsc stands guard as the others sleep, watching over them as a protective father would. They are his friends and he would have no evil befall their dreams if he could help it. Judging by the pained faces many of them make however, Minsc can do almost as little to protect them in sleep as when they are awake.

Minsc sighs to himself, then looking up notices the halfling Alora, looking sad and walking back down the corridor. He climbs to his feet and follows after her, making jokes as best he can to brighten her spirits. Minsc had become fond of Alora, and disliked seeing her saddened mood, this place held enough sadness and the halfling had become as a light in the darkness for him.
    "Even trying to sleep is hopeless," Xan snorted, sitting up and fixing an eye on the hamster-loving buffoon. The head injury accounted for much of Minsc's oddness, which was endearing to some, but not when one was miserably failing in an attempt to sleep. Xan did not, however, tell the gargantuan warrior to be quiet, as he didn't think that he'd get very far trying to boss a Sarevok-sized sword slinger about. While he admittedly expected a bad end, that wasn't quite the bad end that he wanted.
    *muttering in sleep*
    I no longer desire it. I've changed. Don't give me that. I don't believe in fate. And I won't say it.
    *pauses*
    All right, you win. You win. I give. I'll say it. I'll say it. I'll say it. DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME!
    *falls silent once more*
    OOC: ty Mel Brooks
    OOC First day of school at one job, and I have evening class. I will check in in the afternoon if possible, but I should be home by 10pm central time at the latest. In the meantime, Imoen hangs towards the back since she's down to her bow. She'll continue to search for traps at the front of the group, but when it comes to entering rooms, she's much more subdued.
    Sorry, guys- not feeling well tonight. Will be on tomorrow.
    @LadyRhian Feel better soon. :)
    No problem, get well soon.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Players that understand that a DM gets sick? Where were you 20 years ago when I started being a DM????

@LadyRhian Get well soon milady we shall wait your recovery :)