Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    No. It regrew. Hmm... do we have a thief here today? Or is everyone going to not do anything due to lack of thiefly support?
    Kivan couldn't help there... he's a hardass. ;)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "My buddy Xan here wouldn't mind losing a bit of butt skin. Isn't that right Xan?"
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    *Waking up from what felt like an extra long slumber, Sarevok begins circling the room, double checking the walls and vats. He nudges awake Alora to also circle and double check everything.*
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I am here, for thiefly duties
    No more traps, and only jars and bottles covered in dust. You're still not sure what's in the first vat, but it doesn't seem to want to rise up, attack and kill you..
    *AHA! before you correct me, lets purposefully inspect the workbenches and desk. All this chaos has forced me to scroll back a dozen pages to see what was in here originally*
    Check the passage for traps I suppose.
    I risked much for this key, dear Imoen risked her life for it. Is there a purpose for it here? Let no stone be unturned till we are certain.

Tiaxana, I know you like the shinies, hold onto the key.

OOC: do I have any weapons now? that scimitar that Alora brought down, am I able to wield it?
    Imoen, still moving sleepily and a bit morosely, goes with Alora and TIAXINA to check out the corridor. Carefully, they check for traps, and find none. They move on down the corridor to the end, checking each bit of door and wall. Alora looks back."Stairs!" she calls cheerfully. "Let's see where they go!"
    Do we not have some kind of key, Tiaxina would guess there be something that needs opening
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC I believe at least one of the giant scimitars from the skeleton is with the group...
    @Evanfuilt you can use it, but it's a little long for you.
    Kivan has something that's a little long for Sarevok as well.
    Urgh. Something has come up. I need to be offline for a couple of three hours... Sorry. Damn real life!
    I attack Real Life! Protection from evil first...
    OOC: with my strength and height, I see no better option than trying to wield it (even if I look like I belong in Final Fantasy.) Better than no weapon. Let's all go slow here, I think we're past the trivial traps, everything else will be truly deadly. Perhaps we can get a repeat of the poem from the beginning, it may warn us of we're going to face next.
    mlnevese said:

I attack Real Life! Protection from evil first...

Nothing can stop that foul demon.
    I agree. But if those were the trivial traps we have to be even more protective of our rogues. Everyone's life will depend on their skill.
    I reckon Sarevok would be fine wielding the giant scimitar as a two handed sword
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Alora spends her time throwing odds and ends from the room into the remaining pools of jelly just to see what happens.

"I'm ready to get going, who knows wat fun stuff is behind the future doors! I just hope nobody else gets hurt though..."
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Xan keeps his eyes on the passage, for there is no reason to assume that the beings (if there were any) down that way would choose to remain there. He also spends some time keeping himself busy by looking for written objects or any items of interest in the desks. He purposely avoids any visual contact with Imoen, as that would sour his normally optimistic outlook.

OOC: Optimistic, according to his self-assessment :D
    I'm back. Sorry about that. Dad had a, um, biological sewage spill.
    I'm still stuck at work, will probably be here for another half hour or so.
    Anyone else still around?
    I am still awake :)
    Oh, good!
    Just got home. I will be back in half an hour or so :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    OOC: I'm semi-around. Murphy's Law - the minute I leave, somebody that I could save with a spell or help with a spell will find an untimely end. Or get his arm fried off (looking at you Sarevok) or get nekkid... Well...
    hahahaha... Maybe next time, it will be Sarevok who gets naked. Just to give some female fanservice. ;)