Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora is kind of pinned in place, like a butterfly in an album, mostly through her legs and arms. She appears terrified of even trying to move, though. "I'm hurt!" she says, coughing. "Please help me!"
    Sorry, I thought you had... From now on, if you are listening to someone when they tell you to do something, say so.
    Xan lands on the far side. He kinda looks like a voodoo doll.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Xan casts Stoneskin (self). Not sure what I have for Alora...
    I wasn't told to do so. I recommended it and Sarevok had a different idea. It was supposed to be Tiaxina and Alora crossing the pit
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    *Tiaxina calls out to Xan* Lift her up Xan, there is obviously some osrt of trap trigger nearby and if she sets it off again she is doomed.
    "Better her than me," Xan muttered. Still, she was light and his spell should hold long enough. He could descend, pull her up and see if it worked. The stoneskin would protect him (presumably) if it all went awry (as it would).
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: didn't mean to get Xan into trouble. was thinking he'd levitate the halfling up if it was a trap below. at least we know the exit is trapped. now we just need to disable it so the rest can pass.
    /me thinks mistakes happen. ploughs forward. :D
    ooc : nope. he was showing off his skillz to Imoen and nearly got hisself killed. Typical :D
    Keldorn, against my massive intelligence, lower me down. I will cross over next and lift Tiaxana out the other side.
    I'm levitating down to get her. -->He could descend, pull her up and see if it worked. The stoneskin would protect him (presumably) if it all went awry (as it would).

I meant he grumbled then complied, as he is morally NEUTRAL
    Sarevok, you shall do no such thing. There is obviously a trigger near the end of that pit. If you trigger it again Alora is dead.
    Xan levitates down and has to pry Alora off the wall, knowing at any minute another volley could go off and kill her. He only just manages it, and lifts her off to fly her up the other side of the pit.
    "I shall do this," Zan boasted, mostly for the sake of the one that Sarevok was trying to impress. The warrior's thinly veiled delusions of self grandeur were grating.
    What did you say Tiaxina? You're so far away I can barely hear you. I should come closer...
    OOC: Who's the man? Who? Who? Ow... The Man's bleeding :P
    OOC: I believe Xan and Alora are the other end. We are still at this end.
    OOC: oh yeah, or you would have been impaled too. We still need to find a way to disable that trap. We don't have enough levitates otherwise.
    Alora lays on her belly on the far side of the pit, breathing short, panting breaths. "That... may not have... been... a good... idea," she says. "Ow."
    ooc - we have no more levs. Still, it gets Alora out alive, so it's fair. :D
    Xan... take the spider boots off of Alora and toss them into the pit. Tiaxina shall take them, walk across the walls, up onto the ceiling and then down to Alora and save her life. Make it happen or you shall face a gnome that seems to be losing her sanity by the minute.
    OOC: can anyone dispel magic ,detect illusion, find trap over there? I think Alora is out of it till we get a healer over there. We could send Imoen, but she has to just inspect and not touch.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Beware of further triggers on the walls...
    It was just like Tiaxina and Sarevok to put others in danger while they skulked behind. As for Xan's part, it was obvious that Sarevok wanted Xan out of the picture so that he could have her to himself. "I share your agony." To make matters worse, StoneSkin would not let him remove the spikes from himself. "Should I pull these out?" He called to the odious healer, Tiaxina.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC I can, but once a day lvl 22 dispel...
    No fool, you have no knowledge of the healing arts. Help Tiaxina over there and she shall do the healing. She will search for traps as she moves do not fear, she will not take this as lightly as Alora once did, Tiaxina has learned from the halflings mistakes.
    edited August 2012
    As much as I'd like to see Tiaxana spread apart like a butteryfly exhibit, I do think her plan is good...

OOC: I'm enjoying the chaos tonight, can't wait to just "hop" down and run across.. Oh yeah, 10 ft drop on shiny new spikes, I maybe chaotic, but I'm not stupid.
    "I cannot," Xan told the self-appointed so-called 'leader' of the party. "Perhaps he," meaning Sarevok, "could toss you." The pain was making Xan feel less than accommodating, especially given the circumstances.
    Whimpering elf, do as the gnome says or I will come over there and toss you down. You don't think being impaled is a deterant to me, do you?