Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Sure. Here ya go. Imoen hands over her +2 dagger.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    *Tiaxina is looking around the room, care not to touch anything yet but taking it all in*
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    TIAXINA finds herself in a 30' by 30' room. It's a massive jumble of furniture, boxes, vases and urns, along with small tables and braziers. All of them are battered, chipped, dented and broken. It's like a massive jumble sale, all stuffed into one room. The east and west walls are hung with not very valuable tapestries depicting scenes of undersea life. There are a large number of boxes, coffers and trunks amidst the jumble.
    Hmmm, it looks like a yard sale threw up.
    Going to make dinner, back in 30 minutes.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Looks big enough for two, I am not afraid.
    *steps in, even though Tiaxina wanted me out*
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Xan bring your all seeing eye here while it is still working, tell Tiaxina what you see while I search for traps. Don't touch anything, Tiaxina does not like this place.
    Sarevok, what are you doing here, who will save Tiaxina if something terrible happens?
    "I'l help. It's a huge room. Doesn't make any sense to let you do it all by yourself." Imoen starts checking for traps as well.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    OOC - Tiax doesn't have the gem of seeing - Xan does!
    Ack - that was on page 90.

IC: Since Imoen was searching, Xan felt an inexplicable urge to be helpful. "Of course, Tiaxina. Anything to help. That's what I do..." His voice trailed off as he took note of Imoen's silhouette for a moment or two. A grumble from Sarevok reminded him that he needed to be careful and that he ought to use the gem.

True Seeing
    edited August 2012
    OOC: on train now, glad so many of us are in this room now. Talk to you all in 30 or so. I live this chaos :)
    /me high-fives Sarevok and then winces in pain as my wrist nearly breaks...
    Beneath a tapestry on the western wall, you see a door hidden.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    *Kivan enters and starts looking for furniture that might look good in his swinging bachelor pad.*

Buttinsky *cough* gem of trueseeing *cough*

I first read that as "Butt in sky", and I was wondering why you were sticking your butt in the air.
    @Kivan He's part cat?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    @LadyRhian If he's part cat, it would be "Buttinface".
    "If you find the false, you find the true... Maybe that means secret doors are the best way to actually progress through this place? I don't know, but it's still creepy in here." Imoen continues looking around for anything dangerous or lucrative.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC: Note to self. Create new monster for next campaign. Aerobutt. Better not think of special attacks right now :)
    OOC: right now I wish Sarevok wasn't smart so he could just go "Aha! I shall go open it." That would totally be Minsc.

Aha! Tiaxina, go check out that way too obvious of a hidden door. Alora, Imoen, want to check if the other tapestries have something hidden? Maybe something not so obvious.

OOC: Don't assume they will check, I'm just suggesting, I don't think they trust me. Even after saving Imoen, sheesh, must be that whole threatening Xan by holding him over a deadly pit thing. I don't get why people don't trust me after that.
    Maybe it means we shouldn't be looking for doors at all.
    mlnevese said:

OOC: Note to self. Create new monster for next campaign. Aerobutt. Better not think of special attacks right now :)

Too late for me, way too late for me... /sob

Well, there are all those boxes and trunks...

DM: 10 needle-sharp claws in front, eight in the back. Annoying yowl with the ability to stop conscious thought... And cloud of fur that gets in and on everything. ;)
    edited August 2012
    Evinfuilt said:

mlnevese said:

Too late for me, way too late for me... /sob

OOC Whatever you do, DO NOT think about dragons with intestinal problems flying above your head. :)

Post edited by mlnevese on
    DM: Breath of gagging. ;)
    Okay, who is where and doing what, please?
    OOC: Not to mention stealth, backstab, cloudkill, and multiple special nocturnal attacks.

"Good idea, Sarevok." Imoen searches (carefully and always wary of traps and stabby things) behind the other tapestries. Assuming she finds nothing, she turns her attention to the trunks.
    OOC why does the mobile interface lack the like/agree/insightful links? Or is it my phone hiding them?
    LadyRhian said:

DM: 10 needle-sharp claws in front, eight in the back. Annoying yowl with the ability to stop conscious thought... And cloud of fur that gets in and on everything. ;)

I see you've met my partner... I'm so lucky she doesn't read these boards.

My dog though, Challenge rating of 20 just due to her fur attack.
    I'm nearby ready to run and rescue the rogues if needed.