Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC Did everyone see that BG EE now has an official Facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/BaldursGateEnhanced
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    "Could we maybe... have a... little... less... talking?" Alora says, panting. "Not feeling... so good... here."
    Is she bleeding?
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    You are a walking talking self fulfilling prophecy elf. You speak of doom, yet it is you who brings it to those who are closest to you. Tiaxina can be there, she can save Alora's life, just do your part and throw the boots over so Tiaxina may join you, she may even consider stopping your bleeding if you stop being such a fool.
    @minevese Yes, and she is spiked out the wazoo. So is Xan.
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: I must leave for a couple hours now. If Xan doesn't throw down the boots, Sarevok will do as threatened, unless Tiax wants to risk being thrown UP. Let Reedmilfan decide if I'm doing anything else stupid. should be interesting to see what happens while i'm away.
    Imoen uses an unladylike word. "___ this," she says, and clings to the wall, slowly making her way across to the stricken halfling. She manages to cling to the wall all the way over, using small cracks to support her weight. Once on the other side, she starts tearing up Xzara's robes, the non-poisoned bits, to try and bandage Alora's wounds. She's horrible at it, but she ends up making her skirt end at mid-thigh with her attempts at bandaging. She then carefully removes the Slippers and tosses them to TIAXINA. She stalks over to Xan and slaps him hard enough across his cheeks to make his head ring, Stoneskin or no. "Doing nothing but talking when she's bleeding to death is STUPID!" she tells the elf. "Do it again, and you won't like the results!"
    *Tiaxina grabs the shoes and puts them on. She then walks up the wall and follows the path Imoen walked across. She gets over and moves over to Alora*
    After I am done with Aora, You and Tiaxina are gonna have words Elf (Pointing at Xan)... and it will not be pretty.
    *Casts cure serious wounds*

*Voice: Oh what a shame, you have taken to healing the lame once more, however I like this anger, this rage. Let it all out, let it flood over Xan as you rip him to pieces, as you pull him limb from limb for his sheer incompetence*
    Some color comes back into Alora's face as TIAXINA heals her. "Thanks," the halfling says. "Now, if I could just get rid of these piercings.... They make me too goth." DM: ;)
    I am gonna have to leave it there. It is 3am again >.<
    Ah. Okay. :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    /me had family stuffs
    Xan's jaw hung open, first at being slapped and second at the folds of Imoen's robe, that didn't quite remain intact during the face slap. Of course, with stone skin in effect, he didn't feel the blow, but his emotions sure did. Were they supposed to be so cute when they were mad? As for her womanly curves, he could tell that sleep would not come easily this night. "I..." He couldn't heal Alora, so what was he supposed to do?
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Urg. Sorry, everyone. Work was very long and very busy with lots of not-fun drama and no time to peek into the forums. I will be around tomorrow, though.
    @jhart1018 Xan's having not-fun drama, too. That's purposeful though :D
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @reedmilfam That's expected, for Xan. Just means you're playing him in character. ;)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2012
    Hi guys, just read up on last night's adventure. Alora got turned into Swiss cheese and Imoen's clothes got even smaller. So business as usual.

Thanks for managing to keep me alive. Good luck tonight.
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
    @Permidion_Stark it was a bit dicey, Xan would not help me get over, but to be fair his planned worked perfectly and imoen is wearing even less now.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    OOC: Sorry I haven't been around much guys, work has been crazy busy. I have been keeping up with everything though. I'm always on the edge of my seat when a new trap appears.
    @IchigoRXC - there were some communications issues as we went, too. Xan couldn't get you over because he doesn't have Levitate (spell); it was a one-time Levitate (scroll). I wish I'd thought of the spider slippers, though - I only went for lev because I was certain the 1" rim would be greased and whoever was on it would die.

To all - how do we get everybody across? Is there no risk in 'throwing' the spider climb slippers across? We drop those, we're... Well, I hate to say it, but I really have to. We're doomed.

edited August 2012
    We can always toss the paladins on the spikes and use them as walkways... ;D
    Then who would Xan hide behind? Don't say Sarevok. Alora and Imoen take up that real estate.
    I think throwing the shoes may be the only way. We can traverse part of the way through the spike, stopping before the end because that is where the trap triggered. Before that though Tiaxina shall wear the boots and walk along the wall to inspect the far end (nearest her) of the trap pit, there must be some kind of trigger she can disable.
    Considering there are no triggers on the walls...
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    We can get across like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccmava-4KnY
    Spider shoe everyone across. Just have Kivan run them back and forth (since he can slide easily between the spikes) and everyone walks along the wall, one at a time. End with Kivan walking up and out. That way we can start today with everyone on the same side of this death trap, ready to go meet our doom... Yup, I know my doom is in the next couple rooms (I swore revenge 20 years ago!!! and I will get it, well I'll die again to the same "trap".) Unless I've already passed it, it was hilarious. Let me put it this way
    Door opens, I step in... I see XXXXXX... WHAT THE F&$!... How did that get in here! There was not enough left of me to scrape off the floor to be rezzed.
    @Awong124 if only my pole didn't get melted in the last room.
    I think we shall let Tiaxina look for traps first :p
    As the StoneSkin wears off, Xan quietly slumps against the wall. Adrenaline during the frantic escape and rescue of Alora from the trap had clouded the agony, but he was now past that point and the metal spikes in his leg, chest and abdomen were becoming excruciating. "I need aid," he grunted, even though it clearly made him look weak to Imoen (as if she wouldn't already think him such).
    See if there's some place we can tie a rope on the other side so that we can pass our equipment. We'd be too heavy to be carried across with our full armors and weapons.