Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    DM: Don't forget the dreaded "tail in the face" and the "Look at/Smell my butt" attacks.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiaxina believes it is too quiet, something terrible is about to happen.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Tail in the face? My cat prefers the paw on my arm attack.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    OOC: I have dinner plans, so I must depart for now. I should be back in a few hours. Imoen checks everything for traps or secret doors. If something nasty tries to kill us, she hides in shadows and shoots at it with her bow since melee isn't her strong suit at the moment. Besides, any time she'd bend over, she'd flash the whole group. :P
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    *Imoens +2 dagger and shield out and ready, I follow Imoen around the room, maybe a bit too closely*
    IchigoRXC said:

Tiaxina believes it is too quiet, something terrible is about to happen.

OOC: It's as if you can hear the dice rolling from here.

I am just waiting on Xan, to see if he's following Imoen with his tongue hanging out (so to speak).
    DM: Terrfied Party Member "Why is the DM smiling?"
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Xan is scrying with True Seeing. Aside from that, holding MoonBlade and ready to cast spells (generally Hold Monster unless I need melee --> Tenser)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    *Kivan is still rooting around in the furniture and boxes.*

OOC: Does Kivan find any good loot in there?
    I feel the chaos, this room is pleased with us... I'm not sure why, but it scares me to know this. Till now I only had been fightened once before, and she's not here.

OOC: where's Minsc, Keldorn and Ajantis in all of this? Hopefully in the hallway, right?
    Abruptly, the door slams shut, and the room seems to whirl crazily on its center axis, sending all of you slamming hard into walls with a muffled THUD. Alora grabs onto Sarevok and saves herself from impacting the wall, and TIAXINA flies hard into Minsc, literally "butting heads" with him, but the rest of you get tossed around like bowling pins as the room whirls for a minute, making you feel you've become the star attraction in a blender set on "Liquefy".
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    Following you, maybe a bit too closely. hahaha
    edited August 2012
    Kivan finds seven small gems before tumbling face first into a tapestry.
    OOC: well that answers the question on Minsc... head trauma to Tiaxina can't be good for the rest of us.
    OOC: Maybe this time the head impact fixes Minsc.
    Xan knew it would come to this. The swirling takes away his greatest asset: spell casting. In fact, it's all he can do to keep Moonblade from inadvertently harming someone who doesn't deserve such. Or Sarevok, for that matter.
    TIAXINA takes 2 damage from the head-butt, and Minsc none (he's wearing a helmet). TIAXINA feels like a few teeth have come loose,
    edited August 2012
    "*Urk* I think I'm gonna be sick..."

Kivan says, just before throwing up all over what's left of Imoen's clothing.

"Uhh... sorry about that..."
    Xan's Moonblade becomes a large risk as the room bucks like a wild bronco. Imoen, Minsc, Kivan and Xan are launched into the air, and come down with a thump. The bucking, spinning and various other motions are making you all feel sick to your stomach. The room's contents whirl and move with the motion of the room, but the tapestries, fastened as they are to the walls, merely flutter wildly.
    Abruptly, the room gives another wild shake, sending you all crashing around yet again. Xan loses his hold on his moonblade, and it joins the debris in the room. Kivan's face flies into imoen's chest, covering him in his own vomitus. Even Sarevok flies into a bare wall, shield first, with a mighty crash that near-deafens you.

Then, it just stops. Dead, which is somehow even more ominous.
    "Ugh... I don't know whether that was enjoyable or disgusting..." Kivan says, referring to getting a face full of Imoen's breasts and vomit.

After wiping his face, Kivan proceeds to help clean the vomit off Imoen's chest.

"Here, let me help you get that off..."
    OOC: Amazing I didn't stab myself. This was a success
    Tiaxina finds her bearings, looking for a way out.

Too long in here you must not stay, behind the Tapestry was a secret passage, we must go through. Everyone stand against the south wall. This could make us fly around again.

*Tiaxina unties the rope from herself and ties it to the tapestry, she steps back towards the south wall and pulls the tapestry off the wall to reveal the door and braces for another shaking*
    Xan desperately lunges, despite the dizziness, to recovery the Moonblade. "That could have been worse," he stated. Of course, it was about to.
    OOC: I may have just doomed us all. Xan is always eventually right.
    TIAXINA ties the rope around the tapestry and pulls on it. It tears away from the wall, turning green and wet-looking as it does. It falls over TIAXINA, and she is gone, turned to green slime along with the tapestry. It also falls on Ajantis, Keldorn, and Xan, and they are gone as well. The rest of you manage to scramble out of the way of the huge fall of Green Slime.
    Noooooooooo. It cannot end like thissssssssssssssssssssss.
    The room gives a restive little shake, as if ready to slam you around again...
    "AAAAHHHH!!! What in the nine hells is that thing?!?!"