Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    tbh I was always much more into Kivan than Sarevok ;) like me some boney forest elf action, if I was that way inclined anyway. :P
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    That's fine with me... I love nekkid elf butt. ;)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Notice how she spares the females Xan...
    Spares? Considering Imoen, TIAXINA and Xzara, I don't think I have "spared" anyone.
    /me thinks it's Bonny, not boney... Unless Kivan's starving lately
    Okay, we have enough characters to continue... good. So, Alora, Imoen and TIAXINA checked out the passage to the west, and found stairs going south... The stairs are not trapped.
    Well we head down the stairs, examining so very careful every step we take.
    Alora who? Tiaxina who? "There is foul magic afoot," Xan reported, drawing Moonblade and telling himself that the forces that would soon doom them were the cause of his addled mind. They robbed him of focus, leaving him only with thoughts of..." He nearly tripped on the steps, which would have been disastrous. "We're doomed," he concluded.
    You head down the stairs, being exceedingly careful, and come to the bottom. The passage here turns east, bringing you heading that way again. About 20' ahead, the floor drops away into a massive spiked pit, easily 20' long and 10' deep, with spikes sticking out of the bottom. At least these don't look poisoned, but do look slightly rusted and old.

it's too far to jump over.
    "A barrier," Xan explains, for he wants to focus on the present, and not what might (or could) be.

@LadyRhian - how close together are the spikeys?
    OOC : Tiaxina wasn't a girl to begin with, and neither was Xzara. Imoen survived. Therefore... :P
    *Tiaxina moves closer and inspects the pit and the spikes carefully, she looks for a away around over or through them that would cause the least amount of harm*

*Voice: This is your chance, so easy it would be for a 'friend' to slip and fall, meet their end on the rusted point of your destiny. Choose wisely which to dispose of first, and fall in line to take up the mantle of a god!*
    @Reedmilfam About a foot apart. Yep, there are 200 spikes at the bottom of the pit.
    OOC: @reedmilfam Aerie was the first person to die, very very early on haha
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Good simpletons, you found the path is clear for me. I will lower Alora down, she can find a way through.
    There is a lip around the pit... but it's only about 1 inch wide.
    edited August 2012
    Tiaxana? Why are you looking at me like that... I will go next, no need to get pushy.
    You could easily walk between the spikes without harm. But if you tripped or fell, you'd look like swiss cheese.
    "Would it not be safer to levitate the halfling?" Xan would far prefer to do that than to risk being the one that condemned a select other to a gruesome fate.
    OOC: I have only an hour, so if I'm to die tonight, let's do it soon ;)
    Cowardly elf... only one of us could cross with your pathetic plan, we must find a clear path for all of us. If it looks to be a dead end, fly her out. Till then, let the halfling show her mettle..
    Alora and Tiaxina shall go forward, sure of foot and small to boot it is easy for Alora and Tiaxina to find the easiest way through. Alora, do not let your guard down, keep your eye out and Tiaxina shall do the same. There could be a trap inside a trap inside a trap.
    "I will not trade insults with a brainless thug," Xan snorted, before placing a few feet between himelf and the demonic brute. He did not much like Sarevok and, it seemed, the feeling was mutual. Probably the Alpha, laying claim to the female - another reason that pursuing her was pointless. Utterly.
    OOC: The spike length could be an issue. You can only high step so far. Unless they are truly huge...
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Detective evil on spikes area... just in case something is hiding down there...
    "Okay!" Alora smiles trustingly at Sarevok and lets him lower her down into the pit. She carefully checks the walls and floor, and finds no traps. I mean, who would put a pit in a pit? She crosses over to the far end and gives Sarevok a thumbs up. Xan hovers overhead, ready to lift her up should she need assistance. She pulls out Xzara's Slippers of Spider Climb, replaces her Boots of Speed with them, and starts to climb the wall at the far side.

There is a click, and suddenly, the air is full of spikes launched from the bottom of the pit. Alora is pinned by six spikes, for 33 damage. Xan is no more lucky. He takes 5 spikes, for 25 damage. Meanwhile, from the pit, you hear another click, and new spikes emerge from the old holes to refill the pit. And these ones are shiny and gleaming.
    No more evil than the rest of the Tomb, Sir Keldorn.
    Tiaxina said look out for traps inside traps. A pit in which you can walk beside the spikes is no trap at all.
    *Voice: Natural selection is at work, let her perish*
    This pit looks to be the final tomb for Alora and Xan if we can't get them out before the next volley.
    I don't remember casting Lev on myself :( Anyway, how far across am I? I continue to the far side, as I might as well.