Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Imoen thinks she has the perfect plan... until the Ooze decides to make her day a very, very bad one. It smashes her with all three pseudopods... Imoen takes 32 damage and is knocked off the ceiling, where she lands hard, for another six damage. The pot of acid she's holding is also not so lucky, as Imoen manages to hold onto it... and when she lands, the pot smashes and soaks her... for another 5 damage. 43 damage in one round. And the breath is knocked out of her, but she can still crawl... at 5' per round...
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Alora just had a thought. Acid might not work on something that dissolves stuff with acid?
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    Stupid mace, stupid armor... I will not die to a brainless slime.

*throws lightning javelin at ooze*
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I drop the crossbow and run to imoen trying to drag her away from the ooze.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2012
    Ajantis stops trying to attack the ooze and rushes to cast a lay on hands on Imoen. Then he charges to the beast with his sword in hand.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Tiaxina pulls Imoen away from the fight and begins casting cure serious wounds on her, my nimble size and super strength makes it an easy task ;)
    Alora runs over to Imoen and gives her the potion of flight that Sarevok gave her (Alora really hopes that it really is a potion of flight and Sarevok wasn't playing a nasty trick). Imoen could use the potion to fly out of the room. Alora will then run out after her (boots of speed!)
    OOC: glad i got home... my poor pole, my poor armor. who cares about the mace, but plate +1!
    In this case I stand between the ooze and Tiaxina shielding them with my own body if necessar. I'll draw sword and attack if it comes closer.
    Xan sends another arrow winging at the ooze. It hits. Kivan's arrow also hits... for some significant damage, finally! Minsc hits with the dagger, and his dagger saves this time! Everyone else misses or fails to hurt the ooze, but the ooze is hurting bad.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    Ow. Ow. Ow. Thank you. Ow.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    Ok, so bow works fine. Forget the mace then, I'll stick with bow.

Huzzah! We're winning!
    Oh yes, my shield. At least I'm not completely naked.
    OOC At this point I'm afraid I have to leave you. Good luck with the fight. I will see you guys next time. If there is one (I'm starting to sound like Xan).
    Once again, the Ooze goes after the wounded and crawling Imoen.
    LadyRhian said:

Once again, the Ooze goes after the wounded and crawling Imoen.

She's not crawling, she's flying!

I'm standing between it and Imoen...
    *if I haven't thrown my javelin, throw it. otherwise I throw myself between Imoen and the slime, extending shield.*
    My calling be answered now!
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    But Imoen has been pulled away from the fight by a strong gnome, and there is a paladin or two in the way

@Permidion_Stark I believe I pulled her away before any potions were used. And I am casting cure serious wounds on her.
    Imoen slugs down her potion of regeneration so she's not draining everyone's healing resources. Then she's going for the door, as fast as possible.
    OOC I wonder how much the holy avenger DLC costs in this game ;)
    Three pseudopods strike Imoen... for a total of 39 damage, plus another 4 from the acid, and poor Imoen dies before anyone can reach her... And Sarevok immolates the ooze with one of his Javelins, doing 28 damage to it and killing it dead.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    OOC: @awong124 hahahaha.
    OOC: I guess you guys could tell I've used those once or twice.
    OOC hey Awong activated cheat keys... I ctrl+j to a position between Imoen and the ooze! :)
    I'm sorry, but even with the potion... it was a little too late...
    NOOOOOOO!!!!

Someone, somehow... this can't be, if she dies here, like this... than I will never have a soul. I have failed, Xan is right, this is hopeless. We are doomed, I am but a hollow wraith, tormented to a meaningless existence.

*falls hopelessly onto Imoen and will not move*

Leave me...
    Even before I drank a potion? :(
    OOC: Then you might as well Ctrl+J the ooze and have it help going through the dungeon.