Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Well, even with the potion. You took enough damage that, even with 1 damage healed, you were dead.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    OOC Reserving add to party cheats for when we find the lich...
    Plus, Imoen is close enough to the ooze that damage from the lightning javelin would probably have hit her, too, being soaked in acid and all.
    I bless Imoen's body and retrieve my crossbow...

"One more fallen companion to this accursed place."
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    :-|
    I woulda cast HOLD MONSTER :((
    Oh, this is HOPELESS. Don't you see?
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    A part of me is dead, and she didn't even know that she is the only reason i'm here. What part of hell is this to make me witness such tragedy. I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS TO STAND!

*grabs what's left of Imoen and holds her close to his chest*
    But, um... okay. Sarevok feels a very (very) faint breath from Imoen, curled as he is over her body...
    So... Cure Serious Wounds didn't work? :-|
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    " I... this cant be.."

Looks at Keldorn
    "This is why we haven´t died yet, Sir Keldorn. This place wants us to watch as it kills our friends one by one. While we cannot protect them."

Then Ajantis remains silent, there is not much more to say.
    Xan pats Sarevok's shoulder, pleased that at least one other has a clue as to what befalls.

@LadyRhian - For future, Hold Monster followed by a Summoning is my normal plan. It's pointless anyway, but it is a plan...
    Someone... please, she lives. I feel it in her chest. I can't do anything, i won't move a muscle. heal her, and tell her not of what I said.
    Xan's ears perked at Ajantis' words. "Can it be that another sees? This is utterly hopeless. Doom, death, despair..." Of course, if Sarevok would only get past believing that fact and accepting it...
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    edited August 2012
    Tiaxina is called over by Sarevok.

Tiaxina will make this right Bhaalspawn, do not worry. She does not have Tiaxina's permission to die yet.

*she rushes over and casts cure serious wounds*

*Voice: Let her die, let the cruelty and rage fill Sarevok, then he will be yours to command. He will follow you into hell to avenge her and you shall be his rock. You will deceive and betray them all, and he shall be by your side, aiding you towards ascension.*
    "Maybe there is some good in you warrior.... as much as you try to deny it..."
    (I am going to assume your earlier healing will take place now...) slowly, you bring Imoen back from the brink of death... She lies quietly, burning Sarevok's arms where her leather armor was doused in acid. When her eyes finally open, she appears subdued.
    Well young Ajantis, this is our lot in life, we watch and we act. But even then sometimes the good fall.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    OOC: Dinner time. See you guys later.
    Hope... Xan, we have hope. The moment we stop believing is when this becomes a tomb for all of us.

Now someone find me a weapon, a sofa leg will not suffice in battle.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    *Ahem*... "I'm sorry for the loss of Imoen and all, but may I have her boots of elvenkind? I am an elf after all. They look mighty comfortable, and these boots I am currently wearing are giving my feet blisters and bunions like you wouldn't believe! Nobody else here skulks in the shadows anyway."

*Everybody else casts angry glares at Kivan*

"What? Too soon?"
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OOC: @LadyRhian yeah well my go would have been spent moving her out of dangers reach and then casting, as she was never out of reach I assume I was never able to cast haha, thus I cast it now.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    "Hey ya, it's just me, Imoen." She smiles up at Sarevok. "Miss me, honey?"
    She's alive elf.. leave her alone...
    Xan ignores the happy survival celebration that is sure to follow, choosing, instead, to unsheathe the Moonblade and bask in the glow. He wondered if this foul creature would have destroyed the weapon, and decided that it would have. A harbinger of the utter failure that awaited the party, no doubt.
    edited August 2012
    Imoen's leather armor chooses this moment to fall to pieces, leaving her clad only in her boots and cloak... and nothing else... (yes, her weapons are there, but not clothing).
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited August 2012
    "Hurray! She lives!"

*Then looks sadly at his feet*

*Then looks back up at Imoen's naked body*
    I'll give her a cloak/cape or whatever I have available...
    Xan gapes for a moment, for this is not something he often sees.
    Imoen clutches the cloak around herself, looking with haunted eyes at her friends and companions. "I'm sorry I burned you," she whispers to Sarevok. "The burning...there were fires everywhere, but they were cold, so very very cold..."
    "Thank you for saving me, for giving me a...another chance."
    Is this what it is to feel for others?

I'm

I'm not sure if I like it, but yet I feel warm inside. These pains on my chest, my arms, they don't bother me. She lives... Maybe she is right, I may yet be worthy of this new life.

KIVAN!! You take another step near here and you'll find out what an unarmed deathbringer can do in the dark. YOU WILL NOT BE AMUSED!

Minsc, you risked much in this battle, I nearly felt honoured to fight alongside you. Your guinea pig still confounds me, but if you risk so much in battle, then it can't be all for naught.