Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2012
    Okay let's do that.

I will check the room for traps again. And we will all search the walls for secret doors. If we find nothing shall be tie a rope round the waist of the gargoyle and see if we can pull it along to see if there is anything underneath.

We will probably need a couple of big guys on the rope and everyone else can ready missile weapons.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    And may I just say that, at this point, you are not even sure exactly how to get out of the dungeon, given you teleported from the first great hall...
  • EvinfuiltEvinfuilt Member Posts: 505
    OOC: As I mentioned last night, victory doesn't mean we can leave...
    Okay. You search and do not find any traps, yet again. Except for a small coin that Alora recognizes as the one she threw into the teleporter to test it. And... you pull and pull, to no effect. The statue seems affixed to the floor.
    LadyRhian said:

And may I just say that, at this point, you are not even sure exactly how to get out of the dungeon, given you teleported from the first great hall...

Alora fully expects to get out of the dungeon by waking up and discovering it was all a bad dream brought on by eating too much cheese.
    Should we take the gargoyle's arm with us? Maybe we need it for something?
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    *Tiaxina examines the gargoyle again, closely.*
    The palms seem open, could that mean something
    *She examines the hands*
    Have we found anything we could put in the gargoyle's hands?

Money, candles, we could put the tiara on it's head?
    edited August 2012

Should we take the gargoyle's arm with us? Maybe we need it for something?

DM Comment: Backscratcher?

Edited for quoting wrong comment.
    We don't seem to be getting anywhere. The next room is the sphere room? Shall we try pressing the keystones on the arch again and see if the mists will clear?
    OOC: Does tiax or alora notice anything about the hands?
    We didn't try pressing all the coloured spheres on the wall in the sphere room. Can Xan detect magic coming from them?
    Kivan has something for the gargoyle. Those worthless gems from the fake lich.
    edited August 2012
    Tiaxina has the gems dear Sarevok... you think she should place gems in the hands?
    Evinfuilt said:

Kivan has something for the gargoyle. Those worthless gems from the fake lich.

Okay, let's try putting them in the gargoyle's hands.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Permidion_Stark Xan's HOPELESSLY limited until his author gets home in 45 minutes or so. Then, spells shall be sorted and magic will be utilized.
    It won't help, so don't go getting yourself all cheered up on account of, essentially, nothing. Your (and our) doom is essentially assured. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Okay. You put three of the gems into the Gargoyle's hands. For a moment, there is no reaction. Then, the hands start to close and tighten. In moments, the gems are crushed into fragments and powder. The hands turn, dump it onto the floor and go back to their original position.
    Alora thinks Xan needs cheering up. Come on Keldorn, let's give Xan a tickle!
    Let's put a gem into the arm that isn't attached to the gargoyle. Does anything happen?
    How dreadful... *cackle* the Gargoyle destroyed the gems. I knew it had a purpose, this acerak had a wicked sense of humor. Alora, put your hands in its hands... lets see if it turns them to dust as well.
    Alora puts Sarevok on her list.
    OOC If the detached arm crushes stuff it may come in useful later on so we could take it with us.
    *Tiaxina puts more gems in the hands...*

This is fun. Let's try again hehe.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Minsc whispers to Boo.
    OOC Do we get XP for loot we find or only for loot we get out of the dungeon? I'm hoping to level up after we defeat this place.
    Nothing happens when you put a gem in the broken-off arm. TIAXINA adds more gems. Once more they are crushed and dumped.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    "Boo believes we should Put Seravoks head in the hands..."
    Okay. I guess we'll leave the arm. Let's go to the sphere room and see what we can find there. Alora will try touching the coloured spheres that we haven't tried so far to see if anything happens.
    Maybe Tiaxina should just keep feeding this Gargoyle until something happens. Perhaps greed is considered evil, and giving away the gems to the Gargoyle is our recompense.
    *She puts three more gems into the hands*
    Lets put the guinea pig in one of the hands. I wish I had more gems to crush, the dust is a reminder of our imminent doom. You will enjoy this doom won't you Xan?