Skip to content

The General Questions Thread

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    jackjack said:

@Sergio‌
    It's been established that Adventure Y will bridge the gap between BG1 & BG2.

Really? I thought we only had that guess work about David warner from the cryptic tweet.
  • SorrowSeerSorrowSeer Member Posts: 144
    Erg said:

If you prefer to avoid the console, it's also possible to put the ring somewhere (a store, a container, a creature, etc.). If you want to do that, just let me know where should I put it and I will attach a modified version of the mod.

If it'll be no trouble - put it, please, to/in shelves (unlocked(?) container not far from Wintrop) on the 1st floor of Candlekeep Inn.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Yay, what am I missing that is RIGHT in front of my face in the following code. . .

CHAIN
    IF ~Global("C1ELLYDMinscTalk","LOCALS",0)
    InParty("MINSC")
    InParty("C1ELLY")
    InParty("DYNAHEIR")
    See("C1ELLY")
    ~THEN C1ELLYB BDYNAH BMINSC
    ~If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Minsc?~
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

Erg said:

If you prefer to avoid the console, it's also possible to put the ring somewhere (a store, a container, a creature, etc.). If you want to do that, just let me know where should I put it and I will attach a modified version of the mod.

If it'll be no trouble - put it, please, to/in shelves (unlocked(?) container not far from Wintrop) on the 1st floor of Candlekeep Inn.
    @SorrowSeer, done (version 2 attached below).

You'll need to start a new game for the ring to be found in the shelf, but given the location that shouldn't be a problem :)

The chance of clash with other mods was already null, but to be even more sure I've changed the item code. You don't need the console anymore, but just in case (or if you want to spawn multiple copies) the new code for the ring is ER_RNG30.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    CaloNord said:

Yay, what am I missing that is RIGHT in front of my face in the following code. . .

CHAIN
    IF ~Global("C1ELLYDMinscTalk","LOCALS",0)
    InParty("MINSC")
    InParty("C1ELLY")
    InParty("DYNAHEIR")
    See("C1ELLY")
    ~THEN C1ELLYB BDYNAH BMINSC
    ~If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Minsc?~

@CaloNord, it should be

CHAIN IF ~Global("C1ELLYDMinscTalk","LOCALS",0) InParty("MINSC") InParty("C1ELLY") InParty("DYNAHEIR") See("C1ELLY")~ THEN C1ELLYB put_here_a_name_for_your_chain ~If you don't mind me asking, what happened to Minsc?~
    where put_here_a_name_for_your_chain is some label for your chain like C1EllyBanterWithMinscAndDynaheir or C1EllyAsksMinsc etc.

Also notice the space between ~ and THEN.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    My thanks Sensei Erg! :) A thousand insightful's for you!! :)
    Erg said:

@SorrowSeer, done (version 2 attached below).

Many thanks!
    Another couple of questions:
    1. Can I create a character - multiclass - and then - change his race from something to human (with cheats/some character editor?)?
    (so ingame (BG:EE&BG2:EE) checks for race (are there any?) will be "human"-result.
    2. How can I turn off gaining experience for lockpicking, stealing, scribing scrolls, etc.? (BG:EE and BG2:EE)
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    One of the better sources of BG info (though it's not been updated for the EE) says that there are two sets of the stealth boots for Zhurlong's quest. One on the South Beregost road, and another at Ulcaster. I've searched (though not hard) before for the ones at Ulcaster, yet I've never found them. Is this due to the EE, the fact that I handed in the quest prior to going to Ulcaster, or am I just not finding the hobgoblins in Ulcaster?

Here's the site, (specifically the page for South Beregost Road) for those of you who are curious.

http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/ar3800.htm
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @SorrowSeer‌ Since no one has answered your questions yet, I'll try. (Though I don't know MUCH on either subject, so my answer could definitely be wrong)

1. You SHOULD be able to create a character and change his race to human using EEkeeper. I don't know for certain, due to the multi/dual class thing, but I believe you can. You can make illegal race/class combos I know, though whether that extends to humans using multis and non-humans using duals is beyond me.

2. Unless there's an option in the game's menus, I don't believe there's a way to turn it off.
    @Elrandir‌ no, the other pair of worn whispers is either pickpocketed or given to you from a warehouse owner in baldurs gate, who gives them to you after you kill the basilisk in the docs district for him. You can find him in this warehouse. I don't know if that's new for ee or not.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    As I understand it its been changed so that both have the boots but if you get them from one of the hobgoblins (say Ulcaster) then you can't get them from the other one (the one south of Beregost).
    elminster said:

As I understand it its been changed so that both have the boots but if you get them from one of the hobgoblins (say Ulcaster) then you can't get them from the other one (the one south of Beregost).

That makes sense. When I took the screenshot above, I checked to make sure, but only gave me 500 gold, so it killed him, and he had the boots. (I already had a pair) so I guess the second pair has to be stolen. I bet you can get them both if you get the ones in bg first, then kill the hobgoblins. Can anyone do that and make sure?
    Were can a find a death spell scroll?
    meagloth said:

There are a list of places here www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/items/scrolls.php

Not sure how many are random drops but Therngle Dagleford in the Underdark should have one.
    elminster said:

meagloth said:

There are a list of places here www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/Walkthrough2/items/scrolls.php

Not sure how many are random drops but Therngle Dagleford in the Underdark should have one.
    Maybe I should mention I'm in chapter 2.

Wait, looked at the link..... Good. I'm about to do the planar prison quest.
    It is generally a pretty good source but I've seen instances with that website before where they list scrolls on certain people that ended up being random drops. Its one of those things that you can only know if you look at the cre files themselves.

That said I looked through it and it is the case that one of the bounty hunters in the planar prison has a death spell scroll on them.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    meagloth said:

For some reason I initially thought you meant in Bg1... Imagine the carnage!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 2014
    Sergio said:

I've got a question to ask. Which creature that begins with G can hold you, if you fail a save against death??

Ghast?? Ghoul?

Both. The ghasts hold lasts 2 rounds longer however (30 vs 42 seconds).
    Where can I get another potion case? (Bg2, chapter 2)
    edited July 2014
    abacus said:

meagloth said:

@abacus‌ actually, I dont have to imagine it. If you solo a sorcerer, you can get death spell, after durlags tower, werewolf island, and everything in between.
    Tresset said:

meagloth said:

abacus said:

meagloth said:

@abacus‌ actually, I dont have to imagine it. If you solo a sorcerer, you can get death spell, after durlags tower, werewolf island, and everything in between.
    That is only if you remove the exp cap.
    I meant to mention that...
    Is jesters song three separate saving throws for each effect or all in one?
    Tresset said:

@meagloth‌ They roll the save only once but the slow effect has no bonus while the knock out and confusion effects have a +2 bonus. Thus it is possible for enemies to get slowed but not confused and knocked out.

Awww...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Sergio said:

@meagloth: what is the blood chalice you've got in that screenshot?

That's the whatchamacallit Healy-scary thing from the bottom of durlags tower, @Sergio‌
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    Why is it that I can't level up to proficiencies above two slots? Two-Handed Sword can be upgraded to five slots. Do I need to pass a specific level?