Skip to content

Forum Fantasy: A tale of Forumites

Comments

• jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    Alright... I'll chip in with a couple of paragraphs just for fun.

---------------------------------

The smell of charred flesh filled the air.

Tan smiled grimly at the carnage that lay at his feet. Six assailants attacked him in the War Room at the King’s Castle, but none would leave the room alive. Three were burned to a crisp by a massive Fireball. Another died after being pelted by a score of sequenced Magic Missiles. Yet another tried to flee, but could not outrun the Disintegrate spell that blasted him into dust. Their leader survived in a fashion… as a statue after being turned to stone.

“After we get to the bottom of this, the king had better compensate me for making him a statue to decorate his castle grounds,” Tan mumbled softly to himself.

A quick search of the bodies yielded nothing of interest, but Tan’s brow furrowed as he mulled the implications of the attack. As one of the mages who lay the magical wards protecting the King’s Castle, he was among the first to sense that the wards were tampered with. Although he was on a secret reconnaissance trip that no one else knew about, he promptly teleported himself into the castle to investigate, then found himself attacked by the assailants whom he dispatched earlier.

If there was one party, there was sure to be more.

Tan bit his lips as the realization dawned on him:

"The castle is under a full-scale assault."
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Hey everyone. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but this isn't a role-play. If you guys want to post stuff that's more than fine, but I won't necessarily be including it in the "official" story. That said, feel free to post your ideas and character traits/skills/ect. And heck, if you want to post your own little written accounts of things, go for it! I might take it and add it to the main story. As I said, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't want you guys misunderstanding and feeling upset when I eventually did tell you.

@jacobtan‌ Y'know, I really didn't say much about your powers. While we're all, to put it in D&D terms, (which this series is not based off of, so you all know) fighters, we definitely could have a mage-knight among our numbers. One more thing to add to the update file I've got going. =p
    @Elrandir‌

Oh all melee combatants? Okay. I'll cook up something if needed :)
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    you can fix the MIA now that heindrich's returned. i let him do it himself, but he's post on his wall at least if you missed it.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I don't really think this is at all accurate to the real LadyRhian, but when I think of Lady Rhian's character, I get a mental image of Tania Doberg, (a character in the manga/anime Witch Hunter) although Lady Rhian is wearing (logical) platemail and isn't nearly as manga-sexualized. Tania's an incredibly strong character (currently, like, top five in the series) and is pretty intimidating, which is kind of how I see Lady Rhian's character. She's not necessarily scary or mean, just rather intimidating. After all, she IS the leader of the twelve. For reference; http://tinyurl.com/TaniaDoberg
    @Elrandir‌

You can imagine me as someone who seldom shows his face. If I'm written as a mage, I'm the sort who wears hooded robes or a mask. If I'm a warrior, I'm probably one of those who rarely takes off the helmet.

Unless of course, you had other plans in mind XD
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    You're always blowing up things, uh @meagloth‌?

Yeah, you failed to hide that behind you.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

You're always blowing up things, uh @meagloth‌?

Yeah, you failed to hide that behind you.

Yes, well, I wanted to resent you with a 100% unedited photograph, so you didn't have any suspicions of me, um... "Casting friends" with the photoshop :P
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Well, they all start with "F"...what else do you need?
This discussion has been closed.