Skip to content

Politics. The feel in your country.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733
    edited February 2015
    elminster said:

I assume the Russians are keeping Crimea then?

I think that the focus now is not on Crimea. The main question now is about the territories where the actual war is happening. If the ceasefire indeed happens, if Putin indeed shows some real actions of stopping the conflict from his side, if nothing new happens, then the attention will maybe turn back to Crimea.

EDIT: The further 5 posts have been transferred here from http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27677/does-the-game-seem-to-have-gotten-easier#latest
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "I know nothing, and yet I open my mouth for no other purpose than ventilating my teeth" - iKrivetko
    You really know nothing about living there, that's obvious. If youre so eager to earn 500$ monthly from job you sincerely hate for the rest of your life, then I'm inviting you here.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Maybe do something about it instead of whining on internet forums. And own up to your own shortcomings instead of blaming gaming or your country. That's the first step.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "What will probably happen is me having a shitty job, and trying to improve my skills in my free time in hope I will get out of that hole one day."

What did I say right there? I belive it's something along the lines "I'll have to endure this shitty job, and meanwhile striving for my original goal in freetime". That's far from whinning. It's something that realistcally can happen.
    I'll just say that doesn't sound very driven.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I know something about living in Russia, and it isn't quite different in terms of quality of life. Well, except for the sanctions. And not having the ability to move to any country of the EU at a whim. And living in one of the world's most expensive cities. And all the troubles that the government imposes on online payments, especially in foreign currencies. You're inviting me to Poland? I'd move there in a bloody instant, had I the chance.
    @bengoshi I'm not sure this was a politics topic. Maybe it should have been a new discussion?
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    But it's here now, so make it welcome.

Just read an brilliant article written by a mate of my brother in law, on living in South Africa. Like the classic boiled frog, I may stay a bit longer then :p

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jonnysteinberg/why-im-moving-back-to-south-africa
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    edited February 2015
    Hey neighbour :D

EDIT Lightning is racist, I haven't heard his position on lighting :p
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited February 2015

Hey neighbour :D

EDIT Lightning is racist, I haven't heard his position on lighting :p

Ahoy dude, yeah that happened a while ago.
    Crazy politicians are crazy.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @SmilingSword Thank you. I lived in SA from 1988 to 2010 and everyone thinks I'm exaggerating or downright lying when I tell them the facts about life in the New South Africa.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Does anyone else laugh when Putin agrees to a ceasefire? I haven't seen or heard anything of anyone ceasing fire. . . They have in fact fired more. . .

Also, isn't he touting the fact he ISN'T involved in the Ukraine? ( Bull*$%# )

He seems to be quite content with how things are going there so far, I doubt he wants them to stop. . .
    The only part where the fire has not yet been ceased is Debaltseve, as far a I am aware.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Also just noticed this: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31610026

It's seems everyone is lying and it's everyone else's fault. Which is hardly out of the ordinary.

In news closer to home a Human Rights Commission report has found we're detaining asylum seeker children in appalling conditions for an average of 230 days. The government blamed Labor, accused the HRC of being partisan and had apparently asked the head of the inquiry, Professor Gillian Triggs to resign. The Prime Minister later went on to say he feels no shame or regret for having children in detention.

What I find concerning as well is the number of comments from the general public along the lines of 'How dare they bring their children to try and force our governments hand.' I fear Australia is becoming more bigoted lately. While it certainly ISN'T the majority, it's still a little scary that they're growing in numbers. :/
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    CrevsDaak said:

elminster said:

CrevsDaak said:

meagloth‌ that was some time ago (it was serious (I mean, the people was offended and they attacked him... Not a serious political thing in any way) but not relevant in any, since nobody died xD), besides it's nothing compared with what happened now (a public prosecutor was going to present accusations about the president and part of her party of idiots because of an alliance with some terrorist from Iran and because of covering some attacks on the AMIA and other things by part of some crazies from Iran, but he got killed by agents of the government).

Apparently your government is claiming it was the protesters who killed him. Which to me seems about as likely as a zombified Elvis killing him.
    Yeah, you're right. Here there were already a lot of attack by zombie Elvis.

BTW, when they found him dead they've say he had committed suicide :tongue: Bloody liars.
    Well apparently she is in the clear.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/judge-dismisses-case-against-argentinian-president-reports/article23211399/
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @elminster apparently... APPARENTLY.. JUST APPARENTLY... Meaning there's still no change. They've bought all the judges already anyway, so... APPARENTLY I am a freaking gryphon, APPARENTLY...

I tell you, it doesn't change things.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited February 2015
    Apologies if I stray off-topic here, but I must say, I refuse to worry about a damn dress. Though the fight is far from over, we had a major victory for net neutrality on the same day as the dress conveniently went viral. Is the Internet ignoring news about itself now?
    edited February 2015
    Quite a peculiar assassination. He was a bit below the radar lately.
    Post edited by iKrivetko on
    Publicly organizing an event against Putin is below radar?
    Compared to how often you would hear of him, say, a year ago, yes. Or perhaps I wasn't paying too much attention.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    CaloNord said:
    Shocking as this case is, as @iKrivetko kinda points out, Boris Nemtsov was not really a major threat to Putin directly, so it would seem rather odd to have him killed so spectacularly, given the political fallout from such an act.

I am not saying that Putin would not resort to assassination, be absolutely would, but this story seems more complicated than it seems on the surface. I fear it's one of those things we will never know the full truth.
    Spook? You mean Obama?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited March 2015
    iKrivetko said:

Spook? You mean Obama?

Be careful here. I don't know if this is your meaning, and I do not mean to insinuate otherwise, but spook is a racist term for black people, and I'd appreciate it if we kept such slurs out of this thread, and really, off the site altogether.
    I apologize if I've misinterpreted you, but if you're saying he's a spy, that's just silly :P
    …Right?
    *closes curtains again, just in case*
    Why would I imply that Obama is a spook when he's quite obviously a spook?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    The aim of being a spook is to be obvious in being a spook so everyone will underestimate you. But I think Obama is too nice a guy to be a spy *wubble seems to be blissfully unaware that the whole Obama nice guy thing is probably just a propaganda campaign*
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733
    No matter how involved Boris Nemtsov was into the politics in the latest year or so, it's terrible to hear this news.

We don't and most probably won't ever find out the people behind this thing but it's so bad, so awful to witness the death of a politic.

Now think about this. The day before that event (!!! - what a timing) Mikhail Khodorkovsky said there would be a battle between rival clans in Russia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/26/us-russia-khodorkovsky-idUSKBN0LU29K20150226

It's shocking that his words become truth in merely a day afterwards.
This discussion has been closed.