Skip to content

What are your favorite quotes, dialogs, and NPCs from the new content? (spoilers)

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
Here are some of mine:

"I try to have at least three phenomenally bad ideas a day. I'm counting this place as two." ~Charname, spoken to Dragomir.
(I actually like a lot of Charname's responses in Dragomir's tomb but this is the best one.)

I like the monk that guards the bridge to the twofold temple. It is funny how subtly moronic he is. One of my favorite parts of that dialog:

Charname: "How is it someone whose skull has never known the moist, warm touch of a brain can remember to breathe?"

Monk: "What're you getting at?"

Charname: "You're not very smart, are you? Quite the opposite, in fact. You're stupid. A dunderheaded moron. An idiot. A cretin. An oaf of such staggering thick-headedness that even other oafs look at you and say, "Wow, what a dimwitted simpleton he is." You're an imbecile, a dolt, a lackwit so lacking in wits that I can feel my mind growing more sluggish and dull each passing second I talk with you. You're senseless, obtuse, laughably thick: a clodpate. In short, what I'm saying, you lethargic dullard, is that you're a brainless lout too stupid to live. Therefore, and I say this with absolutely no regret whatsoever, I am going to kill you."

Monk: "Huh?"

Charname: "Just draw your sword and die, already."

Monk: "You think I'm stupid, PRO_RACE? I'll show you stupid!"

Then there is Baeloth. He is just great. One of these days I will have to finish the Black Pits 1&2...

Wilson's dialogs are funny too:

Wilson: "Growl?"

Charname: "I am CHARNAME. What are you called?"

Wilson: "Growl. Growl growl."

Charname: "You call yourself Wilson? How pedestrian."

Wilson: "Snuffle growl."

Charname: "Forgive me. I didn't realize it was so common. To be honest, I've not had the opportunity to speak with many bears."

Neera: "Uh... You know that's a bear you're talking to, right?"

Does anyone else have any favorites in the new content?

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "Pottery and wild magic seemed like a a bad combination. Also, pots are pretty boring in general."
    - Neera during ToB
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Minsc. Minsc has some of the most amazing stuff. I've often wondered what inspired that character!
    Some of my favorites!

'My skin may not have scales, but it has seen many suns come and go. Boo thinks you could use some sun too, then you might not smell so much like wet laundry.'

'Boo points, I punch. Is very simple relationship, but it is effective.'

'After frolicking in a bush that we now consider to be of suspicious nature, both Boo and I have contracted the Calimshite Itch in rather... private places. A salve would be most joyously anticipated!'

And last but by no means least!

'Look, Boo - everyone knows now! See how his fame spreads like a scented cloud from your furry back-side when you have had one too many crackers!'
    bengoshi said:

It will be even bloodier than you hoped!

"I will inspire you by charging blindly on!" *Morale break at Dorn's line*
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @CaloNord‌ while those are good lines, I was specifically asking for favorites from the new stuff. You know, the stuff that was added in the enhanced edition.
    Tresset said:

@CaloNord‌ while those are good lines, I was specifically asking for favorites from the new stuff. You know, the stuff that was added in the enhanced edition.

Oh hell! Totally missed that! :P My apologies my good man!

Neera!

"EAT FLAMING - or... possibly frosty - DEATH!"

Along with the previously mentioned Dorn line from Bengoshi. Who's voice sends chills down your spine.
    Ahahaha! OMG. I'm off to romance Dorn. @JessicaKrystal‌ that is just to good. :D
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "Are we back? Is it over? I smell burning. Am I burning? Are you burning? Something's burning."
    - Neera, again from ToB

"I plan to knock on the door and politely ask them to vacate the premises. If they don't, I'll slaughter the lof of them. If they do, I'll still slaughter the lot of them."
    - Player Character during Rasaad's quest in ToB
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @Tresset I had so much fun translating that bridge guard dialogue:) I laughed to myself several minutes:p But I'm darn proud of what I've done with it:) I think in Polish it looks hillarious too, now.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Rasaad: What was it like, seeing a city for the first time?

Charname: It wasn't the sight that hit me first, but the smell. Ye gods, how do people live with the stench?

Rasaad: Calimport was worse, thanks to the heat. After a time you'll no longer notice it.

Charname: Five senses is more than any sensible person needs.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    elminster said:

Neera and Anomen ... ( a spoiler) ...

Ewww, yuck! That was gross, @elminster‌!

• LesseLesse Member Posts: 81
    CaloNord said:

Oh good god. That is discusting. I didn't even know people actually had Anomen in their party.

*blinks*

Yep, I'm glad I went with Rasaad instead; Neera can have him, lol.

• abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    I like a lot of the possible dialogue options in Dragomir's Tomb, too. Especially that one, @Tresset.

[spoiler] Also one of Edwin's battle cries when he's a woman:
    "I feel your stares! Die! Die!"
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Ur-Gothoz: "Dorn? What is the meaning of this?"

Protagonist: It's a name.

Thanks for clearing that up.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited September 2014
    LiamEsler said:

@Jenzafar‌ My favorite part of writing that dialog was that it was a forum reference. For a while people were - for some reason - predicting that Dorn had become a pirate. :D

Did he at least have a peg leg, or a hook for a hand?
  • "Did he drop any good loot?"
    (charname to Rasaad when they killed his brother)

Died when I read that, damn now I have to do that quest again...
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457

"Did he drop any good loot?"
    (charname to Rasaad when they killed his brother)

Died when I read that, damn now I have to do that quest again...

I really liked that one aswell