Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2015
    I'm Having Trouble installing Scales of Balance 2.03, it keeps on failing during the wizard changes failing to find scrl8l.itm.

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [scrl8l.itm] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
    Stopping installation because of error.

Edit: More info, i'm playing Baldur's Gate EE, and since i believe that scrl is spell sequencer which isn't even located in the base BG:EE install, i'm not sure what's going on. So at this point i'm having to skip the wizards changes.
    Post edited by rkocour on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • JozignoJozigno Member Posts: 6
    Subtledoctor, thanks for this great mod!
    I just want to point out, that when compiling D or BAF file you don't have to specify that they go in override dir, because it is by default:
    http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/README-WeiDU.html#COMPILE
    If you leave it like in your mod:
    COMPILE ~SoB/kensai/D5_KLSWO.baf~ ~override~
    it compiles your baf and all bafs that are in override dir.
    Some buggy old mods leaves trash baf files there and they gets recompiled in process, unnecessary.
    Thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Looks like everything installed ok with 2.04. Thanks for the quick fix!
    edited February 2015
  • ElysiumElysium Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry if this is buried somewhere in the 19 pages of comments, but I had a question about clerics. I rarely play as one but thought I'd give a Silkwhisper of Sune / Mage multi a try and the absolute mass of spells without Aerie's constant whining and bitching (I'm tired... I have no wings... are we there yet?) is actually pretty fun. Plus, with the buffs and the decent stats I have, I can melee fairly competently.

I just got to Cloakwood, when I remembered something about BG2 (which this character will eventually get to). The cleric strongholds are divided between the vanilla/canon kits, but I can't remember what happened to a generic cleric or other modded clerics. Is a stronghold assigned based on alignment or will I just go after the mage stronghold (which is cool, too)?

EDIT: I momentarily forgot how the cleric strongholds work. Stupid me. Just shows how much of a heathen I usually play.
    Post edited by Elysium on
  • ElysiumElysium Member Posts: 28
    Yeah, I managed to figure it out. It IS alignment, but I suppose it could be seen as your own god setting you on a path to assist his/her allies--a quick Shadowkeep could change alignment if need be. For some reason, I don't see Sune getting along with Helm and my CN cleric-mage...

But I do appreciate the quick response and the new update is great. Some of the magic schools (cough cough Divination cough cough) are quite underwhelming. Are you going to update the readme, so we know what spells you moved around?
    edited February 2015
  • SuperpatSuperpat Member Posts: 7
    I havent read any comment here, but I'll ask it anyway; Can I use a savegame from 1.xx with 2.xx?
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    I tought about using the Paladins without the Clerics and instead divine remix, but than I decided to use both parts from you mod. So combine them would be fine.

Putting the stats components together makes sense for me. Because they are build to be used together.
  • DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315

- Compatibility between the spell school tweaks and Spell Revisions v4 (but, SRv4 might not be released for another year so maybe this can wait)

@subtledoctor I may surprise you instead. ;)

edited February 2015
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2015
    For me the weapon changes for Druids make sense to me. I never understood why Druids hate metal weapons, but scimitars are fine?

And please do something about the beastmaster. I love the background of the Kit (latent psionic with animal connection), but I don't like the weapon restriction (maybe at least add a axe or spear) and the why the animal spells work for him. Maybe an innate that summons one specific animal, that gets stronger with leveling?

Compatibility with IR & SR is very nice too have.

But that is just what I would like ;)
    Thanks for keeping up the nice work.
    edited February 2015
  • WithgilWithgil Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2015
    combine 1) stat and saving throw tweaks with 2) altered HP tables into a single Stat Tweaks
    Please dont do this, I really like the saving throw and stat tweak, but in Throne of Bhaal your only protection besides spells are big HP pools. (And buffing my party for half an hour before every fight sucks :) )
    Yeah, i prefer having the tweaks being seperate, with choice. Bothing the base classs changes and kit changes, as well as the stats and hp tweaks. Customization is always the preferred choice for me.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited February 2015
    I have a quick question - how do you gain the multiclass kits? Readme mentions something about items but it's vague and doesn't really tell me anything. Is this some kind of quest reward? Can it be found in the game, or do I use the Keeper?

EDIT: nevermind, found it ;)
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    I apologize if this has been brought up but I can't seem to find it - what is the general reason for moving summoning Pit Fiend to HLA? I understand your reasoning that wizards should not be able to summon celestial beings (I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it) but the Pit Fiend was already very weak for it's 9th level slot - hits as a meager +1, is easily killed by a low-mid level party with protection from fear and fire resistance. And let's not forget that it's a bit of bother, requiring Protection From Evil and you can't control it. Very environmental unfriendly. Elemental Princes would eat him for breakfast.

So I guess my real question is, why should I choose Pit Fiend over not only most of the other HLA but also regular 9th level spells? Did you buff it, perhaps?

Also, were dart throwers really that overpowered to warrant reducing their APR? :)
    edited February 2015
    I agree with the Pit Fiend lore - I'm quite familiar with them (maybe more in the 3rd edition but still) and they were always closer to Solars power-wise (well, less powerful than them but still more powerful than Planetars). My inquiry was from pure balance point - even you agreed that what we get from Gate is a joke so imagine my surprise when I saw Gate moved to HLA in readme ;)

My other question (darts) came mostly from the fact that the game is hardly generous when it comes to good darts you can rely on.
    edited February 2015
    edited February 2015