Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2015
    So what is the deal with the Harrier? In the readme, it states "May achieve Mastery (3 slots) in light swords, axes, dagger, quarterstaff, and bows," but when I made one and leveled him in game to make sure this was accurate, I found it was not. In game, the Harrier can achieve Grand Mastery in: Long Sword, Short Sword, Scimitar/Katana, Daggers/ Darts. Mastery in: Bow, Crossbow, and Quarterstaff. The rest are all capped at two pips.

This is however reflective of the in game description, except for the inability to Grand Master with Quarterstaff. Just an fyi :smile:

Oh yea he also gained access to spells, when from what I can tell he should not gain any at all.

A few none Harrier related things:

The Dwarven Defenders in game description still lists him as only being able to attain "High Mastery" in Axes and War Hammers, while only specialization in anything else. His inability to get to Grand Mastery was designed to be a trade off for Hp and abilities, but I noticed that a Defender can still get to 4 pips with Axes and War Hammers while SoB is installed, which would be the new Grandmastery. All other weapons are allowed to be Mastery. Did you intend for this?

When installing your mod onto IWDEE it skipped the "APR on Spec" part. Is that supposed to happen?

I also noticed that elves can choose a plain class Bard, but none of the kits.

Lastly, I know I asked this before, but I don't know where in the thread you had the answer, so perhaps add it to the read me: What are the tables for your new stat progressions? For example, what does Strength grant at 13, then 14, etc. A table outlining this would be awesome to have.
    Post edited by Dawglicious on
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    I just paid more attention the the install. Part one, Item Tweaks, failed because it could not find override/PLYPBEAR.ITM

Part Six, APR on Spec, was skipped because "skipping base game components"

Part Seven, Weapon Proficiency Overhaul, failed because it could not find override/BEARPOLR.ITM

All other components installed fine. I'm just going to do a completely clean install and see how that treats me.
    edited March 2015
    A fresh install allowed all components of your mod to install, but now I am getting invalid strings for all the new kits. Invalid for the new proficiencies as well. Is this because I updated to the newest patch?
    edited March 2015
    That is what I just did. I removed IWDEE completely, reinstalled it, reinstalled your mod. Got the invalid strings. I shall try again though.

Deleted those files as you asked, didn't change anything.
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    I am reinstalling again now and will let you know what happens, but a clean game and mod install is what I did.

I completely uninstalled IWDEE, which removed all the files. I then downloaded IWDEE. I then downloaded your mod, unzipped it, placed it into the IWDEE game folder which no longer had any trace of your mod from prior installs, ran the .exe, and launched the game. I then had the invalid strings. However I shall do it once more.

So I just did a completely clean install again. I uninstalled IWDEE, deleted the 00798 game folder, which had kept some bg2tweak file for some reason, deleted the IWDEE folder from my documents just to be extra safe (didn't have any saves I cared about so no big deal). I then downloaded it again. Ran it once upon completion to see that it is running 1.4, which it is. All base kits and such appear without an issue.

I install the most recent version of your mod and nothing else. Invalid strings.

I am fairly certain that 1.4 messed with things enough to offset the names and such for the new kits.

If it makes you feel better, I tried Elminister's Kit Mod out of curiosity. Same issue. Some reference pointers or whatever are out of sync with 1.4. The kits still seem to work, since I made a Harrier by choosing the invalid string box, and I could track and set traps, and have the proficiencies and such. I just can't read their names or descriptions
    edited March 2015
    So I feel like an ass now. It was a language issue. I was assuming that 0 was English without actually reading it... sorry about that. It all works now though!

Anyway, I checked again with the Harrier. So he CAN'T cast the spells, but he can memorize them? I had assumed he could use them since he learns them, I assume no easy way to just turn them off? Seems kind of broken since he can still just memorize healing spells and heal on rest. The Slinger is set up the same way I see. Perhaps give them unique spellbooks which have no spells in them to prevent the healing on rest issue? I am also still unable to place a fourth point in quarterstaff for Harrier, though the in-game description says he can (this is with the new proficiency system installed fyi).

In regards to the Dwarven Defender talk from earlier: He does get 1d12 hp, so I think he shares the barbarian's. And yes I also think he should be restricted to mastery in axe and war hammer, and specialization in all other weapons.

What is the deal with the Barbarian Ranger? He can gain Mastery in every weapon except Long Swords, Bows, and Slings. No mention is made of this in his description, is this intended? I would have assumed Specialization in all weapons, since that is what both Rangers and Barbarians are restricted to.

Also, in regards to the Slinger: I have a point in Polearms, but cannot add anymore to it. I can only add one point into Bows, but two into every other weapon (I thought this may have been on purpose, but Elven Archers can put two points into Sling so I was unsure).
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    That looks good to me. Except for any specific descriptions anyway, Like the Dwarven Defender being focused mainly on Axe and War Hammer, or any other specific focus you may want a class to have (Perhaps Barbarian Ranger could have Mastery in a mix of both Barbarian and Ranger weapons, to reflect the meshing of both, for example).

Just giving all the kits and descriptions a once over is definitely a good idea, to make sure things are reflective of what you want and/or have them set up to be.
    Post edited by Dawglicious on
    I just saw your mention of Paladins. What about using the favored weapons of the different gods for the kits? Example:

True-class Paladins can achieve 3 points in all weapons.
    Blackguards can also achieve 3 points in all weapons.
    Paragon of Torm can achieve 4 points in Greatswords, 2 points in all other weapons, no points in ranged.
    Inquisitor of Helm can achieve 4 points in Greatswords, 2 points in all other weapons.
    Necrobane of Kelemvor can achieve 4 points in Greatswords, 2 points in all other weapons.

Alright so an obvious issue here as I typed this up and quickly searched for the favored weapons. Torm is Greatsword, while Helm and Kelemvor are Bastard Sword. Your mod puts these into the same category, so effectively they all share the same favored weapon. One way to differentiate could be through limiting weapon styles. Torm can only do Two-Handed, Helm and Kelemvor can only do Sword and Shield. Or perhaps other favored weapons exist? That would obviously be a better solution.
    edited March 2015
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    edited March 2015
    Hey subtledoctor; I started playing IWDEE again: fresh install and just downloaded v2.8.2 of SoB. Noticed that when installing I'm getting an error with "Component 28: Add the Pruifier druid kit" I get the "FAILURE:" message saying "ERROR: the kit D5PURIF was not found in kitlist.2da". All other components install fine.

Is the Purifier data missing from this release? And if it is, can I get said data from the last release of the mod somehow?
    edited March 2015
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    edited March 2015
    I have found only one installation compatibility issue between TnB and SoB.

In SoB.tp2, line 8484 reads as:
     COPY_EXISTING ~qdmagu.2da~ ~override~ 
    It should be
     COPY_EXISTING ~qdmagus.2da~ ~override~ 
    There is also a slight issue where your Wizard changes update the class descriptions to mention cantrips but assume that the opposed schools are unchanged. So Illusionist lists Necromancy as the opposed school, while, when both TnB and SoB are installed, the opposed schools are Alteration and Conjuration.

I'll see if I can find any more errors.
    The opposition schools are listed in the ReadMe. Those changes occur in the Core component of TnB. The marker file is QDTNB00.QD. Let me know if you have anything else you need from me.
    I've been thinking about moving it to a separate component with several options. I'll let you know
    edited March 2015
  • YummyProduceYummyProduce Member Posts: 2
    It appears in the new update that (true class) mages cannot choose any cantrips on character creation.
  • YummyProduceYummyProduce Member Posts: 2
    Scratch that; it worked fine on a fresh install. Something left over from an old version perhaps.
    edited March 2015