Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • SwampeeSwampee Member Posts: 3
    Hey thanks for the incredible mod. It's amazing how much it changes how you play. I had two questions about its workings. First in my game shorties aren't getting any saving throw bonuses for constitution. Second with the last update luck has disappeared even if you have a cha of 19. Also when I uninstall the mod it seems many of its parts stay in the game. Is there any way to wipe it off. Thanks for any help.
    edited May 2017
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • SwampeeSwampee Member Posts: 3
    Thanks will try it out
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DosEquisDosEquis Member Posts: 10
    @subtledoctor I have a heavily modded version of BGEE Trilogy, and yours is one of my favorite additions. For the longest time, I have been crashing some distance into the game. I uninstalled mod by mod until finally realizing that it was Scales of Balance, specifically component 124 -- Fighting Styles, that was causing the crash. Since this is one of my favorite components of one of my favorite mods, I was hoping you could help me debug the crash without my having to uninstall component 124.

What do ya say?
    edited June 2017
    Ok....

A shorter list would be the mods I DIDN'T have installed. ;) And perhaps obviously, I am sure the crash is caused by conflict with one of the installed mods.

The weidu.log is so long, I can't post it via spoiler tags, or else the forum engine gets mad.... o:)

The crash occurs almost exactly twenty seconds after loading.... my party is doing nothing but standing around at the Temple of Lathander next to Beregost. I suspect that if I were to move the party to an entirely different area, the crash would still occur twenty seconds after loading up. I believe that the crash is somehow related to the in-game clock.

In other words, if were to play from a save just prior to the enclosed save, the crash would occur in exactly the amount of time between the two saves PLUS 20 seconds, regardless of where the party was and what the party was doing.
    Weird.... when I delete ONLY that component, the crash does not happen.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    DosEquis said:

Ok....

The crash occurs almost exactly twenty seconds after loading.... my party is doing nothing but standing around at the Temple of Lathander next to Beregost. I suspect that if I were to move the party to an entirely different area, the crash would still occur twenty seconds after loading up. I believe that the crash is somehow related to the in-game clock.

In other words, if were to play from a save just prior to the enclosed save, the crash would occur in exactly the amount of time between the two saves PLUS 20 seconds, regardless of where the party was and what the party was doing.

I've had the exact same issue, but tought it's something local for me. Fixed it by removing the spell effects from the spell that grants fighting style bonuses.
    The worst thing was that when this bug occured (usually SoD for some reason); it would litteraly destroy all my saved games. 5 sec after loading, CTD. And none of the autosaves worked w/o ctd anymore.
    I wasn't using bws, pretty much my standard revisons-scs setup on eet.

---

EDIT - unfortunately Bioware didn't consistently apply stats to creatures; there are fiends and dragons with straight 9s in every stat, which makes no sense. Instead Bioware simply set things like thac0, AC, and hit points to reflect the values those creatures would have if they did have proper stats.

For a mod that changes stat bonuses, this creates a conundrum. I'm not willing to go through every creature in the game to set stats properly - sorry! (But, if any enterprising individual wants to look into it, you can be a contributor to the mod.) Assuming I do things procedurally, it would look something like:

- If Class = thief and DEX <17, set DEX to 17
    - If Class = mage and INT <17, set INT to 17
    - Etc.

Thoughts? Suggestions?</p>

SCS fixes that vanilla game issue with low scores. If you wanna go with non-scs installs, your suggestion seems fine. For gang leaders (Tarnor Hatchetman, Peeblecrusher etc.) ramp up CHA as well.
    edited June 2017
    Thanks to Aasim's post above, I zeroed in on spells added by component 124, and by removing them one by one and then playing my savegame, I was able to pinpoint the exact spell causing the problem.... D5_SWS1.SPL

If I remove that spell from the override folder.... no crash.

I cannot imagine why.... :/
    Ok, I have NearInfinity open.... in the lower right corner if I click View/Edit, should something happen?

I've played IWDEE on an iPad up to Severed Hand, and no crash. So maybe BGEE/SoD-specific. I just don't understand why it would happen after x hours of gameplay. If it was a bad opcode (e.g. that spell has a 326 effect with delay/permanent timing, which I wasn't sure would work) then it should happen right away, in Candkekeep.

That's why I was sure it's local to me. If the loop causes ctd, it should crash much earlier than SoD (for me it crashed in 2 instances - when I got to Coalition camp and during a random encounter in SoD). BG1, no ctds, some ToB gamplay - no ctd.
    Tried something else.... reloaded my savegame without d5_sws1. Played past the point I knew it would crash if I had left that spell in the override. Saved that game. Reinserted d5_sws1 into the override. Loaded the 2nd savegame, CTD after about 6-12 seconds.

:s

Is that helpful, subtledoctor?
    edited June 2017
    Wowsers.... think I'll just reinstall my entire mod setup to give this a go. Any reason to believe my current savegames will not work if I try that?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    Q: Can I re-install mods and change one or two options?
    A: Theoretically yes but practically there is a huge chance that reverting process will fail. It's the nature of the game, mods and how they are coded. Also, you saved games will be incompatible. You should read excellent explanation by agb1: Post 1 Post 2

• KavrozKavroz Member Posts: 5
    Armor changes did not affect plate armors, ankheg plate armor and few others (mainly plates). Full plates seems do be fine so far. This is on EET without other mods.
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2017
    Cross posting from a reddit post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/6gry54/help_looping_spell_cast_sound_effect_getting_on/

There seems to be a bug with scales of balance that causes a weird sound effect. Specifically a spell sound effect that is location generated after battle. If you move the character away from the battle the sound effect goes away. If you move back it comes back.

here's my weidu log

edit: Re-installing with just the scale of balance items does not cause the error, so there may be a conflict somewhere. Will go through and test my mod order later tonight.

edit2:

Installing everything up to scales of balance, no error. So either it's not with this mod or it's something conflicting with my later mods.
    Post edited by rkocour on
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    So did a install with just the big tweak mods, and it happens again. It's happening when you kill a Diseased Gibberlings in lions way for sure. Here's latest weidu.log
    I've had that in megamod install. It sounds like a "spell expired" sound, and it's only there if combat is going on (and a bit after it). It was very annoying. My first tought was baldur.bcs, but no. I couldn't find it.
  • KavrozKavroz Member Posts: 5

Kavroz said:

Armor changes did not affect plate armors, ankheg plate armor and few others (mainly plates). Full plates seems do be fine so far. This is on EET without other mods.

This was an error on EET's end, but K4thos already fixed it (I thought). Are you using the most up-to-date version of EET?
    I'm using EET 1.0RC8.6 which seems to be the latest release on github. I tried SOB 5.6.7 and 5.6.8 with this and its repetable. Can i fix this somehow without spending ages in NI?

Btw 5.6.8 gives me an error in BDBLUN04.itm when i try to install proficiency overhaul while 5.6.7 installs corectly. Sorry I do not have a log for this.