Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update v1.3.2053

Comments

• iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    edited August 2014
    Ummm why can I no longer select a custom portrait on character creation?

Nevermind, turns out the update deleted my portraits folder and even though I added one with said portraits in the main game directory I needed to put it in the documents directory for it to show up in game.
    Post edited by iavasechui on
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Dee I have an issue with scrolling in the non Full-Screen Format.
    It is hindering my playing expeirence, please assist.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Combat music still playing forever after the end of the fight.. can't change memorized spells too, I think due to "combat mode"..
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Can you expand on what the issue is please @DJ_Sweatz_2013‌ i.e what could you do in 1.2 that you can no longer do in 1.3 or what different result are you seeing.
    Thanks
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Note this from the fix log: Windowed mode no longer allows "edge scrolling" (scrolling the map by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen).
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    Dee said:

iPad now shows actual trigger icons when you use the Magnifying Glass tool, and that tool also is now a toggle instead of a "hold to keep active".

iPad also benefits from all of the same enhancements from other platforms, including the font size slider and quickloot bar.

Thanks @Dee. I appreciate the quick response!
  • DeionDeion Member Posts: 1
    What about hte fing multiplayer crashes? Will I be able to play with my friends now?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Try it @Deion there was a lot of testing around multiplayer and some specific improvements made.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited August 2014
    @Dee‌
    I noticed from the trailer that the dark moon monks still have the special ability "stunning blow"......
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Strictly speaking, not all "dark moon monks" are "Dark Moon Monks" in terms of their training.

But in this case it's probably because the kit wasn't applied to all of them. If that's something you'd like to see changed, I recommend posting it in Feature Requests. :)
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    so i have created some characters in BG:EE 1.2 i never started to play (they are standing in front of the tavern in candlekeep, saved in a {charname}-start save.

what's best to do to get them to 1.3 smoothly (as if they were created in 1.3:
    – load the savegame and play
    – export from the save and import in character creation?
    – import within character creation from the save file?

what i'd like is not to carry any 1.2 bugs into my new 1.3 game if possible.
    For best results, import from the save file.

But if you're still in Candlekeep, you should be able to just load those games and experience all of the bug-fixes that are in this patch; at that point the only parts of your game that won't be affected are the parts that specifically affect the prologue.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    thanks – i guess i'll do it the save way and import from the savefile.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013 Use the key arrows for scrolling, that what I do.

You can use either the arrow keys, or hold down the middle mouse button and drag the screen that way.

I personally use the middle mouse button when I'm in windowed mode; it affords much greater control.
    edited August 2014
    Hmm never mind me
    Post edited by kaguana on
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    Dee said:

You can use either the arrow keys, or hold down the middle mouse button and drag the screen that way.

I personally use the middle mouse button when I'm in windowed mode; it affords much greater control.
    I'd really like to be able to scroll by holding the cursor at the edges, like before.
    Is there any reason this was removed or will not be implemented again?
  • EvilCorpEvilCorp Member Posts: 12
    My computer crashed while downloading 1.3 and when I launched the game again it went through a 'checking files' stage and now the text from patch 1.2 appears. How can I fix this?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @EvilCorp you mean the description of the patch ? they didn't update it just open the game and see that you got the v1.3 version.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    How will we get into the bg2ee android beta?
  • EvilCorpEvilCorp Member Posts: 12
    @kaguana huh o.o;

Thanks XD
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    K thanks, I'm doing great now
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477
    @Dee is there any chance the launcher update information will get updated so we don't have to go the this website for the patch notes?
  • AlexandreAlexandre Member Posts: 8
    Are the HP numbers supposed to be smaller in the inventory screen? It is jarring given that everything else looks bigger.
  • VengentzVengentz Member Posts: 2
    I'm glad that you guys are still working on this game !! Gives me faith on future projects from you !! Just wish you could chose a different alignment when you import a character to a new game, and new portraits. Just so I can tell them apart for multiple play thoughs. (and farm tomes)
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited September 2014
    Etamin said:

I don't want to complain, but *cough* it still have problem with polish "ł" in shop and taverns names :)

You're using a mod that I don't think has yet been updated to be compatible with the latest version of the game (Baldur's Gate II EE GUI in Baldur's Gate EE).
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    Finally patch 1.3!!! and Icewind Dale EE announcement!!! Thank you sooo much!!!! Preordered IWDEE and patch is updating! Happy times :) I hope for IWDEE beta invite soon :)
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    Works on my desktop, but total crash (don't even get to the first screen) on my Surface Pro. Had no issues with the 1.2 patch or with BG2 EE. I have submitted a crash report, but just been told that the Surface Pro is not officially supported. Any one else had this issue or know how to roll back the patch?

• blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    Well, I think I found a solution. I previously had to check the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings to get it to look right. Taking the check out and the game is runs (and looks right to boot)
This discussion has been closed.