Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update v1.3.2053

Comments

• eckistereckister Member Posts: 37
    wow .... now theres something you didnt see in BG1! :-) thank you and good work!
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Dee are you guys gonna update the description on the launcher from v1.2 to v1.3?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes, but not on the weekend :) (today's a holiday for the US and Canada.)
    Hoo Enjoy your holiday, what you doing on the forum on a holiday??? go have fun ;)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    kaguana said:

Hoo Enjoy your holiday, what you doing on the forum on a holiday??? go have fun ;)

I'm confused. You mean there's fun to be had outside of this forum?
    @Adul No what I mean is he should be having fun and enjoy his holiday not being on the forum doing his job :P
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    "While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)"

By Moradin's hammer this is the greatest gameplay enhancement yet! So much time clicking back and forth.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    kaguana said:

@Adul No what I mean is he should be having fun and enjoy his holiday not being on the forum doing his job :P

I agree with you, I was just trying to be facetious.
    @Adul‌ It hard to believe ahh ? fun outside the forum? ;)
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29

Well, I think I found a solution. I previously had to check the Disable display scaling on high DPI settings to get it to look right. Taking the check out and the game is runs (and looks right to boot)

Well, it doesn't work every single time and it doesn't work from the launcher at all (have to go straight to the Baldur.exe file)
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    Is there a way to increase the dialogue window fonts leaving the other fonts the way they are?
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    1.2 killed adding modded Kits. Is this fixed in 1.3? I sure like all the Cleric options. Plus the Purple Dragon Knight. The Realsmian the better!
    Try:
    'Fonts', 'Normal', '14',
    I should tell you, though, that this will change the font size everywhere that the Normal font is used, not just in the dialogue window. Normal, Toolfont, Realms, and one other whose name escapes my memory at the moment; you can manually change their point-sizes with that same line in the ini, but be forewarned that it will change them everywhere in the game.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    Thanks @dee ! I left the font size at the third level and I set "Toolfont" at 13! Now my gaming experience is perfect!
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Apologies if this has been mentioned before... The battle music keeps on playing even after the battle is over and does not stop until you enter a new area (happened to me when I killed the Assassin outside FAI). I'm pretty sure this didn't happen before... Any work arounds? /J
    It doesn't happen for every fight; when it does happen, a quick-save/quick-load will fix it, as will any area transition.

If you manage to find a consistent test case for it, incidentally, please let us know; it's something we'd like to fix, but haven't been able to track down because of its apparently random occurrence.
  • adam777adam777 Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2014
    * Edit *
    Had another idea regarding my supposed bug report, if still relevant, i'll post a formal bug report.
    Post edited by adam777 on
    Does anyone else have this double family - amulet?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @kaguana‌ NOOOOO! You've just killed this exploit to get the reward for this quest twice and to get +reputation twice!... ;)
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    kaguana said:

Do you have any mods installed? Originally the area script for this area (ar4300) created the dead bodies and the amulet but was later removed and we added them differently. We removed the script from the area; but it still exists. If a mod were to add this back then you could encounter the problem you are having.
    edited September 2014
    @Balquo I got bg1npc and bg2tweak install.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Dee said:

Try:

'Fonts', 'Normal', '14',
    I should tell you, though, that this will change the font size everywhere that the Normal font is used, not just in the dialogue window. Normal, Toolfont, Realms, and one other whose name escapes my memory at the moment; you can manually change their point-sizes with that same line in the ini, but be forewarned that it will change them everywhere in the game.

Awesome!
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Franpa said:

Etamin said:

I don't want to complain, but *cough* it still have problem with polish "ł" in shop and taverns names :)

You're using a mod that I don't think has yet been updated to be compatible with the latest version of the game (Baldur's Gate II EE GUI in Baldur's Gate EE).
    Which one do you have in mind? As far as i remember the problem was also in modless Baldur (together with [] for ", so it was []Pod Pomocną D[]onią[]).
    @Balquo ok I'll ask @AstroBryGuy‌ to look on it as he is the one that work on this mod and he is doing a great job :)
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Balquo said:

kaguana said:

Do you have any mods installed? Originally the area script for this area (ar4300) created the dead bodies and the amulet but was later removed and we added them differently. We removed the script from the area; but it still exists. If a mod were to add this back then you could encounter the problem you are having.
    Sounds like a useful fix for the next official BG:EE update: Remove unused faulty script from game.

• BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    ... and break old mods more than if they are still there? i know both is not optimum, question is what hurts less?
This discussion has been closed.