Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update v1.3.2053

Comments

• _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2014
    @Dee‌
    After reading some discussions in the section "BG:EE Bugs (v 1.3)", it seems there are some minor bugs that need to be fixed..... Will they be fixed before the release of the version 1.3 for iPads/Macs? ( since no update is still available....)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The bugs being reported are now being treated like any other bug report; unless an issue is critical, it won't be fixed before the Apple App Stores receive the patch.

The one Mac issue that will be fixed, having to do with joining multiplayer sessions, will be hot-fixed as soon as we've confirmed the fix is working, and the fix will be submitted to Apple then as well.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    Are there any estimates when the patch will arrive in the app-store?
  • supergoji18supergoji18 Member Posts: 11
    Where can I download this? I dont see anywhere i can download it. I am on a Mac OSX and i downloaded this game from the App Store.
    It's currently in the approval pipeline; once Apple approves the patch it will be released there. It will likely show up just like any other app update from the Mac App Store.
  • supergoji18supergoji18 Member Posts: 11
    Dee said:

It's currently in the approval pipeline; once Apple approves the patch it will be released there. It will likely show up just like any other app update from the Mac App Store.

Thank you :)
  • variattvariatt Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for all your work and patience.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    edited September 2014
    If somebody remarked on this already, then sorry for missing it. I'm not seeing patch notes on the launcher (it still shows 1.2), but when I verify files, it seems to pass.

DISREGARD. I saw the entry later... Anyway, I think I'm 1.3 Compliant.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    My computer crashed part way through the download, every time i open beamdog client now it just crashes, I've tried uninstalling the client and reinstalling it nothing works. I cant finish the patch and I cant even play Baldur's gate or Baldur's Gate II enhanced now, is there a way to fix this bug? I cant figure out how to uninstall Baldurs gate or Baldurs gate 2 even, just the client and that doesn't help, I have even tried restarting my computer multiple times at this point, nothing is working at all what can I do to fix my broken games and client now?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @DetroitRedWings25‌
    Have you tried manually deleting all files?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @reedmilfam The patch notes wasn't update yet, they will update it as soon as they can.
    The launcher for Mac and Windows has the brief version of patch notes now.

The Mac build has also been hot-fixed to remedy a crash problem with multiplayer. The version number is the same, so the Windows build doesn't need to be updated for the fix to work.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Do you plan to hotfix those few bugs which appeared in 1.3 or do we have to wait for another bigger update?
  • maharielmahariel Member Posts: 1
    My patch installed successfully, and I played the whole game through, but when I went over to BG2EE I wasn't able to import the new character. The characters from previous playthroughs were still showing, though.
  • Savant_PHSavant_PH Member Posts: 2
    Hi DEE, BG iPad user here. I don't see it in the notes but hoping it's been fixed - is the Store/Merchant Inventory Scrolling List issue fixed on this patch? It was making playing on an iPad mini very hard as the workaround involved trying to click the Up/Down scroll arrows on the side of the store's inventory list.
  • spajdrspajdr Member Posts: 20
    I hope that Ipad patch won't be same fiasco as it was with 1.2 regarding delays of approving it.
  • NizarNizar Member Posts: 17
    Hello I play the game on mac... I already progressed a bit If I patch the game can I continue from where I left off please help :) Also how can we do the patch?
    Yes, if you already started your game you can continue after the patch from where you left off; the only thing you might encounter is that certain bugs might not be fixed if you've already encountered them in your game.

If you bought the game through Beamdog, you can apply the patch the next time you run the game's launcher; if you bought it through the Mac App Store, you'll need to wait for the patch to pass through Apple's approval pipeline, which can take anywhere from 5 days to two weeks (or longer, depending on demand).
  • SirBaldurSirBaldur Member Posts: 80
    edited September 2014
    suddenly after this patch, my thieves can't both be in Find Traps mode and also walk. After i click on find traps, nothing happens when i point to any location. If i point to another party member, it enters talk mode and assumes the thief wants to talk to that party member.

I am on android tablet. I think this patch got delivered while i was playing actually - it got really slow all of a sudden, and then i noticed later that i had a notification that the app was auto-updated. Maybe that corrupted the update?

I tried restarting and rebooting app, but no change. Needless to say, this is a major impediment to game play!

Edit: if i do an uninstall, will i lose my saved game?

disregard. After a restart, it is actually working fine.
  • Darek_DeathDarek_Death Member Posts: 56
    Dee said:

if you bought it through the Mac App Store, you'll need to wait for the patch to pass through Apple's approval pipeline, which can take anywhere from 5 days to two weeks (or longer, depending on demand).

I just launched BGEE to check what version it is and it's already v1.3. I never know when somethings been updated because I have it set so App Store updates automatically even when I'm not using my comp. I'm a bit confused though because it shows that it was updated May 01, 2014 and there are reviews on this specific version from that time as well.

I see, it's v1.3.2049 and despite the emphasis on the forum of it simply being "The 1.3 Patch" this is v1.3.2053. I always hate it when developers number their versions in obscure ways. Well I hope it's available soon, I haven't played in a few months and was planning on starting a new game soon so that works out.

The last time I played I think was in April so I didn't even play the last version and experience all of its improvements though, I guess I'll see them in the new one still. I looked for a patch history to see what they were but couldn't find anything except the details of the current version from a quick look around on the forum... oh duh its on the App Store, sorry I'm tired. Lots of good stuff in that last version.
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35

Dee said:

if you bought it through the Mac App Store, you'll need to wait for the patch to pass through Apple's approval pipeline, which can take anywhere from 5 days to two weeks (or longer, depending on demand).

I just launched BGEE to check what version it is and it's already v1.3...
    From what I remember reading, a beta version of 1.3 was accidentally sent out to the App Store. So even though it's listed as 1.3, as you noticed, the 1.3.number is different and therefore doesn't include all of the fixes. The only release version that has that beta patch is the Mac App Store version as far as I'm aware.

@Dee‌ Any news from the App Store for the iPad version? I'd also be curious to know like @Savant_PH‌ if the scrolling bar in shops was fixed. Thanks in advance.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited September 2014
    @Dee‌ I'd be curious to know like @Etamin‌ if the bugs listed in the discussion named "List of Known Issues" are going to be hotfixed or if we do have to wait for another huge update....
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Luke93 and @Etamin @Dee‌ said that won't be any update for now till the patch will arrive to apple shop, and my guess is that first they have two big thing on their hand BG2EE and IWDEE so we will have to wait for those fix for now.
    "Huge update" is something we're going to try and avoid from now on; but yes, the issues being reported now will be in the next patch and not before then.
  • CHAwCHAw Member Posts: 17
    As a card-carrying member of Re-Rollers Anonymous, I'd like to thank Beamdog for remembering to put the Pre-Generate Character button back in the game with this patch. I know it was a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things (in fact, I don't even see it mentioned in the patch notes), but it was a quality of life feature that I sorely missed during v1.2, and I am very pleased that it's back.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Dee: Hey, I've just noticed (in v1.3) that Silence is now willing to fence stolen goods! I remember arguing last year that this would be a sensible change. Thanks!

Was this a change which I failed to notice (which is possible!) in v1.2, or is it a new change in v1.3?
  • pmchempmchem Member Posts: 2
    Is this bug fix:
    "Non-party characters now receive proper bonuses and penalties for their weapon proficiencies (or lack thereof)"
    The same as this bug discussed in bg2ee forum?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25712/7410-core-enemies-without-any-proficiency-in-soa

That seems like a major, critical fix not a minor fix? How is game balance impacted? Do other changes have to be made to compensate?
    pmchem said:

Is this bug fix:
    "Non-party characters now receive proper bonuses and penalties for their weapon proficiencies (or lack thereof)"
    The same as this bug discussed in bg2ee forum?
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25712/7410-core-enemies-without-any-proficiency-in-soa

That seems like a major, critical fix not a minor fix? How is game balance impacted? Do other changes have to be made to compensate?

Yes, it's the same as that bug, but it's a code fix, unlike the hot-fix Seth supplied several months ago. It makes most enemies more formidable in melee and ranged combat, but no more so than they were in the game's original release.

@Dee: Hey, I've just noticed (in v1.3) that Silence is now willing to fence stolen goods! I remember arguing last year that this would be a sensible change. Thanks!

Was this a change which I failed to notice (which is possible!) in v1.2, or is it a new change in v1.3?

I believe it was in 1.2, yes. Though it's been a while.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Dee said:

"Huge update" is something we're going to try and avoid from now on

Good. I'd rather have faster fixes for bugs, and I don't think we need further major changes to the UI and so on (which is now very nice, thanks!)

I'm especially heartened by the implied promise that we won't end up being told "the next fix-patch will have to wait until it comes out next year as part of Adventure Y", since there's no player-relevant reason why the development cycle and the bug-fixing cycle need to be co-ordinated. (I was a little concerned about that, since we were told something similar for v1.2, when hundreds of bug-fixes were held back until the new interface was ready to ship.)
This discussion has been closed.