Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update v1.3.2053

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Andric said:

kaguana said:

@Andric‌ The mouse scrolling view was remove from window mode, regrettably.

eh? intentionally? It's totally made the game unplayable in windowed mode. Touch in wwindow doesnt scroll, nothing I have found can move the viewport so I am restricted to the one small area. imo this is totaly broken
    Yes it was remove intentionally, and yeah you can work with the middle mouse button like @Faydark‌ said or like you found out the key arrows too but no need to use shift with them.

@Dee please I'm asking you guys to restore the option to scroll in window mod with the mouse, removing it make it so uncomfortable to play window mod. Try to solve the random scrolling in another way like locking it or something, it was a good thinking but I rather have that option then not.
  • SelabocSelaboc Member Posts: 64
    Thus far I really like the improvements made with this latest release. Just one minor thing:
    kaguana said:

@Dee please I'm asking you guys to restore the option to scroll in window mod with the mouse, removing it make it so uncomfortable to play window mod. Try to solve the random scrolling in another way like locking it or something, it was a good thinking but I rather have that option then not.

I'd like to add my voice to this request. Atleast give us a toggle to enable this (defaulted to disabled) for those of us that liked that feature of previous release versions.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    bengoshi said:
    That was about the release of BG2EE on Android.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Blash said:

Yes, but you have to take into consideration that BG2EE on Android is connected with the patch for BG2EE on PC.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    bengoshi said:

Blash said:

Yes, but you have to take into consideration that BG2EE on Android is connected with the patch for BG2EE on PC.
    You will learn.
  • RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
    I agree with bengoshi here - all the comms point to the next drop of BG2EE being synchronised across all the platforms.

Just have to keep on waiting for it...
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    When we will get any promised DLC for BGEE or BG2EE? Not patches but DLCs...
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    manero said:

When we will get any promised DLC for BGEE or BG2EE? Not patches but DLCs...

When you get on your knees and beg, boy!

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @manero I don't recall the devs "promising" any DLC, but I know they would like to make additional content (Adventure Y). Also, I think they're doing the right thing: get the game working very well across all their supported platforms first =D
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We've created a nine-page PDF detailing the changes in this patch for those of you who don't feel like sifting through a 200-item list. You can find it posted here.
  • tvjw03tvjw03 Member Posts: 4
    "- While viewing a mage's Spellbook screen, players can now switch to a priest character and the game will immediately switch to the Priest Spells screen (and vice versa)"

Most convenient Feature NA. I can't even count how many times I clicked the priest scroll on my mage or spellbook on my cleric before getting used to the ui back on win98 and years later, that h-e had to be relearned...
  • TheSargeTheSarge Member Posts: 20
    jimgagne said:

I just tried downloading BG:EE again from Steam. This time it DID download, but it won't start up. Either it crashes to the desktop on hitting Steam's Play button, or it opens but doesn't respond to any of the buttons in the Startup screen: Tutorial, Baldur's Gate, etc.

Try verifying the inegrity of your game cache. Open Steam, select BGEE, right click, properties, local files tab, verify...

Also make sure you have BGEE set to update automaticly.
    Is it my imagination or did BGEE just get another patch on Steam today?! Version number still says 1.3.2053 but there was a 37.5 MB download right after I logged in around noon.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Dee said:

Because when you're in Windowed mode, and you need to switch to a different window, the edge scrolling keeps scrolling to the edge of the map and you lose your place.

It still works in full-screen, though.

Can the game detect if the mouse has moved outside of the game window? I assume not. You could have it so the game auto-pauses when triggering edge scrolling... a bit clumsy for sure but better then outright disabling the feature.
  • DodsTotsDodsTots Member Posts: 1
    The game have been just updated, and now it crash on boot (on Mac OS X).
    The app starts and closes immediately.

Thank you Mac Support for ruining my fav game!
  • artenzartenz Member Posts: 3
    So whose bright idea was it to put this patch in place? [Windowed mode no longer allows "edge scrolling" (scrolling the map by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen).] Makes game play slow. You have to go to the map move the location box go back to the game move your players to the edge and go back to the map...... Not a good fix. I don't like it. How can I remove the patch or fix the scrolling issue.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    You can use the arrow keys on a keyboard to also navigate, as well as the middle mouse button.
    Franpa said:

Dee said:

Because when you're in Windowed mode, and you need to switch to a different window, the edge scrolling keeps scrolling to the edge of the map and you lose your place.

It still works in full-screen, though.

Can the game detect if the mouse has moved outside of the game window? I assume not. You could have it so the game auto-pauses when triggering edge scrolling... a bit clumsy for sure but better then outright disabling the feature.
    Solution: Don't run in Windowed mode. Use Alt-Tab instead.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    artenz said:

So whose bright idea was it to put this patch in place? [Windowed mode no longer allows "edge scrolling" (scrolling the map by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen).] Makes game play slow. You have to go to the map move the location box go back to the game move your players to the edge and go back to the map...... Not a good fix. I don't like it. How can I remove the patch or fix the scrolling issue.

You can also just double click on the screen to move you party *and* center the camera on the new location (a feature that has always been there).
  • BuliBuli Member Posts: 23
    Dee said:

It's a very minor update while we hook some things up for Mac on Steam.

(Yes, Steam now supports the Mac version of the game.)

Those this update change anything about gameplay or content? I am unsure if I should do clean reinstall of all my mods to avoid bugs.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    No, it shouldn't change anything at all on Windows; even the version number is the same, to allow you to continue playing multiplayer cross-platform. So if you've got mods installed and don't want to reinstall them, you don't need to apply the update.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Having the same version number for multiple versions on the same platform sounds like a support nightmare :(

I have no idea what is practical in the engine at this point, but it would be really handy to have a separate 'multiplayer compatibility' version from the patch level.
  • c44xHelenac44xHelena Member Posts: 1
    So I just uptade my game, and I'm having a problem. The game wont lauch anymore, it says: There was an error. A crash report was send to - and the bg file. Does anyone else is having this problem? Is driving me insane.

Thank you!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited September 2014
    @c44xHelena‌ there are a few things you could try to narrow down the cause.
    1 Rebooting. You've probably already tried this.
    2. Temporarily renaming your /documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder.
    3. Deleting the game & re-installing from scratch.

If these don't improve the situation it would help if you advise platform (PC, Mac, etc), launcher type (Beamdog, standalone, Steam, etc), graphics card, graphics driver version, sound card, sound card driver and operating system language.

Thanks
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I apologise if this has been mentioned already but items do not stack when using the quick loot bar. Is this supposed to be like that, a bug or didn't the devs have time to change this? /J
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @MrSexton‌ It a bug that hopefully will be fix in the next patch, you can just manually stack them yourself for now.
This discussion has been closed.