Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update v1.3.2053

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I wanna be in the beta no exam now ;)
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Dee said:

Blash said:

And, most important, what about the patch for BG2EE? I'm not finding any thread about the progress..

Progress is being made; as soon as we have a stable build we'll start the Road event with an update to the beta.
    Great. I just finished a no-reload run of BGEE, right some days before the beginning of some exam-intense weeks :-) Maybe BG2EE will be released at the right time. In the meanwhile I'm studying some way to retain the hard work made on some characters and to bring it to the second game.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    cmk24 said:

Luke93 said:

@Dee‌
    Will the Bluetooth Keyboards for iPad be supported with the release of this patch?

Yes. Support of keyboards on tablets was added when the android version came out, this patch brings this change to ipad as well.
    Bluetooth Keyboards for iPad don't work. Can you confirm , @Dee‌ ?
  • varnavarna Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    -Windowed mode no longer allows "edge scrolling" (scrolling the map by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen).
    This is disappointing. I almost always play this game in windowed mode and use that feature to look around. I dislike using the arrow keys to move my viewport. Is there a chance that this could become a toggled option in the menu?
  • twobitcodertwobitcoder Member Posts: 8
    Mega kudos to the team for continuing to update and refine this excellent game when so many (FIRAXIS!!!!!) release a game and then forget about it, never to touch it again.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    varna said:

-Windowed mode no longer allows "edge scrolling" (scrolling the map by moving the cursor to the edge of the screen).
    This is disappointing. I almost always play this game in windowed mode and use that feature to look around. I dislike using the arrow keys to move my viewport. Is there a chance that this could become a toggled option in the menu?

You can also hold down the middle mouse button and drag the viewport by hand.
  • LebosteinLebostein Member Posts: 19
    where I can re-download the purchased Mac Version fully patched? Thanks!
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    If only the fixes included getting rid of Neera...

Oh, I'm back, by the way.:)
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    You don't have to recruit her you know -_-
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192

You don't have to recruit her you know -_-

But we do have to avoid a part of Beregost because otherwise she'll instantly shout at us, force us to deal with a bunch of wizards, and then reject her and feel bad.

At least both Dorn and Rasaad ignore me entirely if I don't approach them outright.
    Dee said:

varna said:

You can also hold down the middle mouse button and drag the viewport by hand.

I for one can't use the middle button because it set to something else that interrupt it, and when I use click tab and wanna look around I can't do it with one head on the tab and the other on the mouse I gotta leave the mouse and it really uncomfortable.

I prefer it if that option will be back or at last like varna said that it will become an option to toggle it in the menu.

Why it was removed in the first place?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Because when you're in Windowed mode, and you need to switch to a different window, the edge scrolling keeps scrolling to the edge of the map and you lose your place.

It still works in full-screen, though.
    @Dee yeah I thought that the reason behind it. Still sometime it really uncomfortable that that option is off and I don't like playing in full screen, I like playing and having the option to do other stuff as well that one can't do in full screen.
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    I would definitely appreciate if the edge scrolling in window mode could be enabled via a toggle option too...
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @Dee is it possible to only accept input from the mouse (and keyboard, gamepad etc) when the BG window has focus and the mouse cursor is within the clientrect? This is how we do it for our games window mode.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Chow said:

But we do have to avoid a part of Beregost because otherwise she'll instantly shout at us, force us to deal with a bunch of wizards, and then reject her and feel bad.

Who complains about free XP?
  • DLiteDLite Member Posts: 53
    Anything done for those of us with the old Intel chipset family graphics cards?
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    - Added "Font Size" to Graphics Options (changing this during play will empty the combat log)
    ah yees.'was waiting/looking for that one too with the new bg1/bg2 gui..that was nice but gave some strange results sometimes with my standard 1920x1080 24'' (same with some inventory items 'resized' ICONs btw..)..with the fixed police sizes (with some other screen sizes was ok..just not perfect with that precise one). Well, just that added to the list for bg2 would be nice too (+some inventory icon new sizes^)! waiting the bg2 fixes too now! but thx for those ones too after all..won't spit on it too after all..means there is always some care on the old releases..good!/^
  • mannegermanneger Member Posts: 6
    UKlofi said:

For iphone: the toggle buttons which collapse the right hand party portraits and the left hand icons are impossible to click once collapsed :-/

Same for me. And the game remembers the toggle, so reverting to old save/restarting the app wont help.
  • AndricAndric Member Posts: 3
    on my surface 3 still cannot play full screen. In windowed mode the mouse can no longer scroll the view window so I cannot move off the edge of the screen, worked ok in windowed mode before the update.
    edited September 2014
    @Andric‌ The mouse scrolling view was remove from window mode, regrettably.
    Post edited by kaguana on
  • zorlokzorlok Member Posts: 3
    I'm not sure if this is the right section but I downloaded BG:EE for iPhone yesterday and I unintentionally minimized the right (character) bar and I can't open it again. Any of you guys know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @zorlok - You can read more about the problem and the upcoming fix here.
    kaguana said:

@Andric‌ The mouse scrolling view was remove from window mode, regrettably.

eh? intentionally? It's totally made the game unplayable in windowed mode. Touch in wwindow doesnt scroll, nothing I have found can move the viewport so I am restricted to the one small area. imo this is totaly broken
  • zorlokzorlok Member Posts: 3
    Thank you, I'll be eagerly waiting for the fix.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @Andric holding the middle mouse button works as a pan mode on the view, is there an equivalent gesture/combo of touches you can make on your Surface that will do the same? (eg, often two fingers tapped will work like right click etc)
    edited September 2014
    Faydark said:

@Andric holding the middle mouse button works as a pan mode on the view, is there an equivalent gesture/combo of touches you can make on your Surface that will do the same? (eg, often two fingers tapped will work like right click etc)

will check, dont use gestures much. shift and direction arros can be used though I found

also seems if I change text size to minimum in windows display options bg renders at correct resolution.
  • jimgagnejimgagne Member Posts: 4
    The Mac version is available in the App Store. When will it be available via Steam? I'm playing on my PC but would prefer it on a Mac. ALSO: are save games compatible across platforms?
  • jimgagnejimgagne Member Posts: 4
    I just tried downloading BG:EE again from Steam. This time it DID download, but it won't start up. Either it crashes to the desktop on hitting Steam's Play button, or it opens but doesn't respond to any of the buttons in the Startup screen: Tutorial, Baldur's Gate, etc.
  • Exar661Exar661 Member Posts: 6
    Hi, does BG:EE work with ART runtime with the new patch?, I currently play on pc, but I want to play on my Nexus 5 (specilly since you can change the font size), but I have ART enabled because it´s way better than dalvik.

This discussion has been closed.