Skip to content

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Update v1.3.2053

Comments

• The "update" crashed both of my BG games. Neither has worked since 8/29. And Steam has ZERO customer service...
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    @Greenleafstickybud:
    just poking in the dark – any chance you had mods installed prior to the update?
    they would be reset by updating, then your save games would rely on things in the override directory or dialog files that are not there anymore and this can result crashes worst case (better case would be missing strings, broken quests, etc.).
  • Magix296Magix296 Member Posts: 1
    I've encountered a glitch/bug to where i cannot interact with all npc and objects ingame
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I think I've found a bug but I'm not sure (it has happened a few times though). I'm on a map, kill a few monsters, receive XP and one character gets to level up. I level up and move on. New fight, a character dies and I reload. However, the first thing that comes up is the cross and sound for level up (in short the game reloads but keeps the XP from before the reload). Has anybody else experienced this? /J
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @MrSexton‌ Let me ask you this, did you save after you lvl up your character before one of them die?
    Nope, no save in between. Fight, Lvl up, die, reload, lvl up (?)...
    @MrSexton‌ That why your lvl up didn't save, it will happen again and again if you didn't save between lvl up dying and reload without saving it no bug, just save after the lvl up and it won't happen again ;)
    Hmm, no. You misunderstand.
    Example: I have 7980 XP, kill a dog, get some XP, lvl up and then die (no save after lvl up). I reload from my last save where I should have 7980 XP (some time before killing the dog). However, after the reload I have 8010 XP (where I should have 7980 XP). Better? /J
    @MrSexton‌ hoo I see that weird
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Without looking at the code, I'm going to guess that this might be intentional as a way to help players who might be struggling (i.e. letting them keep XP when they reload in the hopes that a level-up might make them better able to take the challenge). This is the first I've heard of it actually being the case though.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Dee said:

this might be intentional as a way to help players who might be struggling

@Dee, please tell me you're joking.
    I can remember a number of games from the mid- to late-90s that used similar mechanics, letting players keep their progress toward the next level when they get Game-Over'd. So, no, I'm not joking. Again, though, that's without looking at the code, just making a guess based on what's being described.

If it is intentional, it would have been intentional from 1998, though, not a feature of the Enhanced Edition.
    That being said, I'm not seeing it happen for me; at least, not readily--I started a new game, quick-saved, went and killed Carbos and Shank, then reloaded, and I didn't have the XP from killing them.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I haven't noticed any of this happening, but if it does happen might it be related to the spawn-group-disappearing-on-reload misery that's been going on a while back?
  • jahes64jahes64 Member Posts: 177
    Dee said:

That being said, I'm not seeing it happen for me; at least, not readily--I started a new game, quick-saved, went and killed Carbos and Shank, then reloaded, and I didn't have the XP from killing them.

i think he means, if you *level up* your character via *level up button* with help of additional xp that you got after saving the game, then if you reload, you will have your character level upped with more xp.
    jahes64 said:

Dee said:

i think he means, if you *level up* your character via *level up button* with help of additional xp that you got after saving the game, then if you reload, you will have your character level upped with more xp.
    I still don't see it. We're probably going to need a bit more information here.
  • icefrogicefrog Member Posts: 6
    The standalone installer does not provide 1.3 update. well.... how to download a separate update pack?
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    could that be related to the difficulty slider somehow?
  • PreciousPrecious Member Posts: 2
    When will it be available for ipad? I have been playing for weeks and am now stuck in spellhold with a statue that does not open the mouth even though it sais the road is open and I have got the exp points. Super frustrating!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Precious said:

When will it be available for ipad? I have been playing for weeks and am now stuck in spellhold with a statue that does not open the mouth even though it sais the road is open and I have got the exp points. Super frustrating!

The v1.3 patch has only been released for BG1:EE, not for BG2:EE. Twitter rumors are the BG2 patch might be coming out near Christmas, although that's a pretty big "might". I don't know whether or not the Ipad version would take even longer.
  • PreciousPrecious Member Posts: 2
    Ok will try to get a refund via Appstore then because of faulty product. Pointless to spend weeks playing just to end getting stuck on a bug. Too bad for otherwise great game.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Did you try tapping behind the mouth where the exit should be? I seem to recall thinking that I was stuck, but you can actually get you characters to waln to the exit. I played all the way through TOB on iPad without any totally game breaking bugs.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited October 2014
    @Precious‌ it's a known bug.
    You are allowed to ask for a refund, but in this forum there are many people who can help you there fixing your savegame. You just need to zip your savegame and upload here.
    You can use iFunbox to extract the savegame folder in a pc/mac.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014

Yay for wandering blind enemies. :D And backstab-less golems. And sleep resistant elves.

and Piwafwi cloaked Drizzt :)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    November ahh no fun :(
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Blash said:

He did not specify which year.

He doesn't have to. Hitting zero bugs will require an infinite amount of time :)

Does he really believe that it is possible to hit zero bugs? LOL, that would be a first in the history of computer software!

I would recommend shooting for something more realistic :)
This discussion has been closed.