Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Announced! (Release Date: October 30, 2014)

Comments

• NimasuNimasu Member Posts: 10
    Great, Looking forward to hearing the epic sound track again. Just curious, Is Atari out of the picture now? I didn`t see their name or logo anywhere. I don`t even remember if they published the original or not.
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    edited September 2014
    toshiro said:

Even Pool of Radience: Myth Drannor is better

Harsh.

• Jester2189Jester2189 Member Posts: 14
    Once again...still blowing Android for bg2...I already own all the originals from when they first came out on pc. Why the deuce would I buy them again? For fixes I wouldn't like? Or maybe for a few more new toons with bs stories? Nope. If you guy are buying the new versions for pc you're all on crack. This companies money is being made on Android and apple phones and tables. So. Do those. Stop messing with the excellence that was already accomplished on pc.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Ramza said:

Pre-ordered and signed up for beta. This is everything I've ever dreamed come true.

You mean you already did that thing with the Swedish twins and the hot tub? Wow!
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @decado 100% agree with you.
  • DrakanDrakan Member Posts: 7
    OMG this is so opportune. I was going to fire up a game of IWD through GOG. Phew!
    That actually happened to me with BG1 in 2013. I was half way through the game when I read: BGEE coming soon! I was pulling my hair out.

It's simply a dream come true they are remakling thse classic games. Next one up has to be Planescape: Torment. That would be great with Tides of Numenra coming along.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Drakan The next one if we keep with logic will be IWD2:EE ;)
  • DrakanDrakan Member Posts: 7
    Oops, you're right Kaguana. Duh!
    The excitement clouded my mind :)
  • supergoji18supergoji18 Member Posts: 11
    I hope I can play exported BG:EE characters in IWD:EE
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @supergoji18‌

According to the FAQ on the official site, you can't do it. You need to create your party in IWDEE from the start.

Q: Can I import a Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition or Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition character?

A: No, you'll need to create a new character for your game in Icewind Dale. We have provided a collection of six custom-built pre-generated characters for your party to start, which you can either use or replace with your own creations.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Can we have some clarity on why this is the case? Have they changed the save file or character system?

To be honest, I'm not sure I'll bother picking it up if it's impossible.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Really? An inability to import your BG character would lead you to decide that IWDEE isn't worth your time? *shrug* Everyone has to be somewhere, I suppose.

I suspect a little effort could port the changes which have been made to EEKeeper over to DaleKeeper and then you could recreate your BG character by hand, or you could edit them directly in NI if that is what you want.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    In case dee or trent can hear... there is a small army of android users willing and able to test bg2 and iwd on phones and tablets if you guys need help. Dont forget about all the friends you made on google plus ;)
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    I will also be around to give out free hugs to people who are having trouble dealing with the lead time on bg2 android and thouse who are extreemly impatient about iwd android. If need be I will moderate a support group thread.. we wil get through this together!

"Smiles eveyone, smiles..." - Xzar
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    quick question : Trials of the Luremaster will be included in this EE ?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited September 2014
    @Seldar‌, yes it is as well as Heart of Winter

"More to Experience: Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition includes both the Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansion packs."
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269

GIMME THAT HAT!!!

Sorry @Buttercheese‌ but I lost my cloth map years ago, so I'm not about to give the hat away. It's the most useful pre-order bonus I've ever gotten. I use it every winter.

The other side has the Black Isles Studio name and logo on it. The Beamdog name and logo would look just as great...
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

Really? An inability to import your BG character would lead you to decide that IWDEE isn't worth your time? *shrug* Everyone has to be somewhere, I suppose.

I suspect a little effort could port the changes which have been made to EEKeeper over to DaleKeeper and then you could recreate your BG character by hand, or you could edit them directly in NI if that is what you want.

The thing is I never actually liked IWD. i found it mostly a tedious, dull grind devoid of almost all positive qualities. I also generally hate games where you create your own party, even if the alternative is a bunch of dull and lacklustre NPCs with single character traits. Basically I want the ability to port my BG:EE party to IWD. I don't need it to be 'official', I just need to be able to copy-paste some character files, sound files, portraits, etc, and have them work.

Basically, it's not that not being able to port my BG character/s over to IWD would make me pass on it, it's that being able to do so would encourage me to buy it (which I otherwise have little intention of doing).
  • jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    @kaguana‌
    yep it is there:

@mlnevese‌
    @decado‌
    nope not there:
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @jamoecw‌

Mine is. Give a day or so then contact @Dee‌

• RythgarRythgar Member Posts: 101
    @Eudaemonium The original IWD allowed for custom portraits and soundsets, so I can't imagine this will be any different. May take some work on your end though, moving some files around and whatnot. You won't get any banter, though.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

Basically I want the ability to port my BG:EE party to IWD. I don't need it to be 'official', I just need to be able to copy-paste some character files, sound files, portraits, etc, and have them work.

Oh, well....that can already be done so what you want is relatively simple.

I do not disagree with the assessment that IWD was a grueling straightforward dungeon crawl, primarily because it was *meant* to be just that. What makes IWD great are the views, the music, the feel of the game, etc.

• jamoecwjamoecw Member Posts: 41
    mlnevese said:

@jamoecw‌

Mine is. Give a day or so then contact @Dee‌

i am not that worried, i figure it is due to buying the game through the website instead of the client. if it is anything like either BG:EEs then about a day prior to release it will pop up in the client (though i may have to restart it).
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I'm just looking forward to seeing the servers melt down again on launch day ;)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @jamoecw Just restart it now it will show up you will see :)