Skip to content

Can the Combo Breaker badge work properly?

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
I've been thinking about it for some time already. This forum provides a badge called "Combo Breaker". The conditions to get it are quite hard: you should get 5 badges for 5 different things in one day. Check http://forum.baldursgate.com/badge/combo

And I see this badge hasn't been working properly - in the past we had @Abi_Dalzim‌ and @lolien‌ getting 5 badges in one day and still not getting the Combo Breaker badge. Today @Shandyr‌ has tgone through he same problem.

Of course I understand it's not a big deal in terms of the Devs' attention (we all are waiting and dreaming about the 1.3 patch and IWD:EE and then we have the Adventure Y) but it's a pity that such a hard to get badge is not given if all the conditions are met.

Maybe there's a way to fix this problem? @Dee @Jalily‌ :)

lolien[Deleted User]

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    The only way, short of Vanilla fixing the bug on their end, is to PM an administrator and ask them to manually assign the badge.
    lolien[Deleted User]
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Maybe it didn't count because I got 2 Insightful badges?
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks everyone involved for fixing this problem! It's so sweet to see that even small things are being made better by the Team!

And congratulations, @lolien‌ @Abi_Dalzim‌ and @Shandyr‌ !
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Got the badge, so apparently not a problem with 2 insightful badges. Yay!
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Dee said:

Had to apply it manually, sadly. But y'all should be good to go.

Thanks!
    Shandyr said:

LOL, when I go to
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/badges
    and check the time I received the combo breaker badge, it says

"You earned this September 2012 from System: “C-c-c-combo!”"

Lol?

@lolien @Abi_Dalzim‌ what does it say for you there?

@Shandyr‌, your link shows this for me:

JuliusBorisov
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Dee‌

We have a new member who has to get this badge:

@Luridel‌ with the new scald playthrough has managed to get 5 badges today: 1st and 2nd anniversary, 5 likes, Name Dropper and 25 likes.

Congratulations to @Luridel‌ - what a sweet coming to the forum 2 years after the registration :)
    lolienLuridel
  • LuridelLuridel Member Posts: 25
    @bengoshi Thank you! I don't think I seem to have actually earned the badge - perhaps it's on the same day as opposed to within twenty-four hours? (What timezone does this forum work in?)
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    @Luridel‌, the combo-breaker badge is broken, you get it, when an admin give it to you manually. 'Grats anyhow!
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • LuridelLuridel Member Posts: 25
    lolien said:

@Luridel‌, the combo-breaker badge is broken, you get it, when an admin give it to you manually. 'Grats anyhow!

Gotcha. Thank you!
    lolien
    A note to the admins: @cmk24 should get the Combo Breaker badge: yesterday he managed to get badges for 100 likes, 100 agrees, 100 insightfuls, for the twitter connection and being photogenic. Congratulations!
    lolienCrevsDaak
    @MIK0 should earn it. 4 anniversary+ first comment badges.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]MIK0CrevsDaak
    Congrats!
    [Deleted User]MIK0CrevsDaak
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Maybe I should consider doing that...
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    Nimran said:

Maybe I should consider doing that...

You will need to set up an elaborate competition to determine who shall distribute the cookies in your absence.

Hand-to-hand cookie combat until a single winner emerges.
    #ThereCanBeOnlyOne:cookie:
    mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Shandyr said:

lolien said:

@MIK0 should earn it. 4 anniversary+ first comment badges.

Ha! See? Now we have discovered a way how even old forum members can get the combo breaker badge!
    Just stay away for 5 years and when you get back you'll get 5 anniversary badges at once :)
    Hmmm ok... I'll be back in 2022 :)
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]NimranCrevsDaak
    Shandyr said:

And we have a new winner!! DING DING DING!

@JuliusBorisov
    @Skanks has earned 5 badges in one day, time to make it six ;)

Here you are!
    [Deleted User]SkanksCrevsDaak
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Just wait until people start getting the 5th anniversary badge; I imagine there are at least a few people who will log on and get all 5 at once...
    mlneveselolienCrevsDaak
  • Abby_ZeroAbby_Zero Member Posts: 68
    Help I’ve gotten 7 badges in one day today and I’m not getting the combo breaker badge!!
    And posting THIS text is putting me at 65/100 posts

But still..
    I read up the thread a bit,
    I guess I just wait for a moderator to help
    lolien
    I've given the badge to you, @Abby_Zero , but I have to remind you that spamming is against the Site rules, so please, don't do that here.
    lolienAbby_Zero
    edited November 2017

I've given the badge to you, @Abby_Zero , but I have to remind you that spamming is against the Site rules, so please, don't do that here.

I panicked, sorry :s don’t worry I’m usually THE most well behaved forum poster
    Love you guys
    lolienJuliusBorisov