Skip to content

Imoen Romance V3.0 Release

Comments

• pwaringpwaring Member Posts: 81
    Yes, for the good path I think you have to take some of the 'good' options and then mention them at your trial.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You get the thief for a neutral path. Taking either the right amount of good or evil actions leads to the grand dukes releasing you in secret.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    ThacoBell said:

You get the thief for a neutral path. Taking either the right amount of good or evil actions leads to the grand dukes releasing you in secret.

Only if you chose all relevant reply options in the trial. Not listing your deeds gives you the assassin ending.
    jastey said:

ThacoBell said:

Only if you chose all relevant reply options in the trial. Not listing your deeds gives you the assassin ending.
    Indeed, thanks for the clarification.
  • vanatosvanatos Member Posts: 876
    Hi, if any bugs are found could you please report it in the imoen forums.

http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/forums/

Easier consolidation, cheers.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Does the romance have a race restriction?
    Arthas said:

Does the romance have a race restriction?

No - the frontpage of the website states: 'Imoen will romance any PC, regardless of gender or race'
  • GrumschGrumsch Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2019
    Apologies for necroing this thread - it appears the Imoen romance forum is down or otherwise not reachable at the moment, so I'm not sure where else to ask my question.

I'm a bit confused about how to progress the SoA romance after I leave the Underdark. Some possible spoilers ahead.

I returned to the surface and after talking to Elhan, Imoen's campfire scene triggered. My character and Imoen got it on after the chase in the morning, after which she told me she can't do this and needs time.
    So far, so good. At this stage, however, I'm not sure what must happen before she will actually talk to me again. I continued playing a bit and started doing all the remaining side quests I had left, which was quite a bit as I tried to rush to get Imoen early. There are no love talks happening though. The mod seems to work fine as far as I can tell, as she has commented on some things such as my stronghold, the circus, or Salvanas in the Copper Coronet. Just no more love talks...

I checked all the variables associated with the mod that I know of in EE Keeper, and things seem to be in order. The romance seems to still be progressing actively ("IMOENROMANCEACTIVE" is still set to 1). I'm noticing though that the love talk timer (MRIMOENLOVETALKTIMER) is not progressing, which is worrying me a bit, but then again I'm not really sure if I'm actually looking at the correct variable or not. I tried leaving the game running over a full day while being at work, but nothing triggered. I also tried resting for about 20 ingame days to see if it's an ingame-time-passed timer thing, but no luck there either. Is my game screwy, or am I just not aware of the trigger for the romance to progress - e.g. is there some sort of plot progression requirement maybe, like having to go and confront Bodhi, that I'm unaware of? I also tried force talking to her in case that was it, but she has nothing to say at all.

If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it. I would hate not being able to finish this mod, as it is one of the best mods for BG out there in my opinion. I use V3.9 of the mod and I play on V2.5.16.6 of BG2:EE.
  • Saber83Saber83 Member Posts: 94
    Have you fought Bodhi in the graveyard yet? I haven't gotten very far in the romance myself, but I would think that would do something at least.
    I haven't yet, I'm a bit afraid that might short cut the romance in case there is additional talks between emerging from the Underdark and facing Bodhi. I suppose I could try and see if it'll make the romance progress or not.
  • Sarevok08Sarevok08 Member Posts: 78
    I'm pretty sure the next romance step happens in relation to Bodhi. Unfortunately, you may want load a save just after the Underdark. I think the dialogue is restricted until after Bodi, but I'm not 100%.
    It's been a while since I played with this mod, but I'm pretty sure you have to complete the Bodhi quest and restore Imoen's soul (i.e. actually kill Bodhi, not just confront her in the Graveyard District) before you get any additional dialogue. Once that happens the romance will progress and you can also manually talk to Imoen to get a series of dialogues.
    Oh awesome, that's very reassuring to hear. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me.
    I'll see if I can get a hold of the forum admin and get it back up
    The Imoen Romance site works fine for me? http://imoen.blindmonkey.org/downloads.php
    The site itself does, but when you try to click the forum link it returns an error.
    Ah, indeed. :)
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    so playing Imoen romance mod atm. and so far i like it. i really never liked the friendship mod's talks as they just never felt like Imoen to me. the few i've seen and the one banter with aerie however are more in character.
    so does the romance not continue into tob if i never get the final love talk in chapter 6? it never fired no matter how much i waited.
    i'm referring to the one after getting her soul back not the camp fire, i got that one.
    I'm not sure exactly. Try initiating a talk with Imoen. That may prompt progress.
    turns out i did somehow break the romance. oh well can always try it again in the future.
    edited March 2019
    so i mentioned this is the acension thread but when i got to the end of tob when i make my choice imoen says wow and then i get a no valid link error meaning i can't get the epilogues.

was this just a file error due to me uninstalling 2 mods in the middle of my soa run as i got the exact same error with nalia? because it was working fine until this point.

edit; when i say nalia i mean she was giving me the same error and i had to uninstall npc strong hold to fix it as it was messing up her romance mod. i got a similar error with keldorn to when i refused to have him join the party. so maybe my tlk file is just screwed up and as i thought it was fine i never restarted.
    @megamike15 I can't say for sure, but for me, changing mods in the middle of a playthrough has ALWAYS broken things.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I should have done this BEFORE starting a new game, but I was waffling over the romance aspect. Now, I realize I should have installed the mod, as I intend to replace Nalia with Imoen in Spellhold. Is it too late to add the mod now that I'm in Chapter 2?
    Never add mods to an already inprogress game.
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,059
    I wouldn't say never, some mods are certainly safe to work with, but in this mod's case (And according to its readme) it is probably best to start new, which is usually the best decision indicator if it is okay to work with a mod on a current playthrough.

ThacoBell wrote: »
    Never add mods to an already inprogress game.

also don't uninstall mods during the middle of the run even if the mod that got effected is no where near the mod you uninstalled in the load order.

i found this out the hard way and could not finish tob because an imoean interjection from this mod would not fire right.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Well, I've already probably screwed up in this run-through anyway, so what the heck. Though, to be honest, it would be interesting to play out the screw-up and see how it turns out...
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Does anyone know how cohesive and coherent Imoen friendship is with Imoen romance?

I read somewhere that the two mods don't match conceptually and as such I avoided installing them both in my playthrough - I went only for Imoen romance.

But does anyone have any idea?
    they arnt recommended to be used together. they have a diffrent interpretation of her. i prefer the version used in the romance to the friendship personally.