Skip to content

Non-BG and non-IWD games MEME thread

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2015
    Warning: PS: T endgame spoiler:

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    I actually have a question. I am not sure where this came from but does anyone know the significance or origin of "I cast Magic Missile at the darkness!"? Is that considered a meme?
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2015
    First time I saw it was summoner geeks a bonus video with (surprisingly ) summoner. Basically a group of the characters from the game having a tabletop rpg. Heavily cliched with one character staying in the bar trying to find girls. The best bit about that line you quoted is the character goes on to call himself (name) sorcerer of light and gets the obviously sarcastic retort.

Edit Google research : http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

Somehow shorter and less funny than I remember but there you go
    Post edited by skinnydragon on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,736
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Ha, @bengoshi, I got a kick out of that. I've never thought of the HoMM factions that way. Isn't it interesting how neatly they fit the D&D alignment paradigm?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,736
    Indeed! I've based my views on the fact that there're actually real town alignments in HoMM 3: good, evil and neutral, although without lawful/neutral/chaotic traits.

Alignment has almost no direct impact on the gameplay, and it is mostly used in the game storyline. The only things in the game which are affected by alignment are the Altar of Sacrifice, the Angelic Alliance and a few of the magical terrains.

So, the only thing I had to do is to distribute lawful/neutral/chaotic characteristics among the town alignments.

By the way, some may name the Tower as a good fraction and the Fortress as a neutral fraction. Maybe it's true in-game but my view on them is different. I look at them as they're depicted in the post above.
    This is a reaction on the stoppage of the IE mod for PoE (inspired by @Metalloman 's post on the Activity page):

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited April 2015
    Well, my comment was more centered on sensuki general defection from PoE, but well... :tongue:
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Not enough steam paid mods memes (for or against) in this thread!
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Thanks @bengoshi! Funny :)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Morte's famous last words?