Skip to content

Should the BGII patch include Clara or a new NPC

killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
  1. Should the BGII patch include Clara or a new NPC77 votes
    1. Yes -- there is a enough fan dissatisfaction with Hexxat to justify a new NPC
      18.18%
    2. Yes -- other, explain
      15.58%
    3. No -- I think Hexxat is fine
      36.36%
    4. No -- I dislike critiques of the dev's work / I try to make my opinions align with the dev's
        3.90%
    5. No -- other, explain
        6.49%
    6. Other / My position isn't represented
      19.48%

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I guess some people dislike Hexxat, but I don't. I think she's fine. Now, if only we had a good thief who could level up as a thief...
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    Hexxat is fine, but more content never hurts.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    What jackjack said. Fix the broken first then we can talk about new content.
    1.3 isn't the end all.
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    wubble said:

I haven't used hexxat I just felt like picking this option

A brave choice, sir. I tip my santa hat in your general direction.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited December 2014
    hexxat has some flaws but she's okay. saving clara would be cheesy. i want her to die.

as for other npc's i don't want new ones. i want a better treatment of bg1 npcs in soa.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    edited December 2014

wubble said:

I haven't used hexxat I just felt like picking this option

A brave choice, sir. I tip my santa hat in your general direction.

in your general direction? has someone been watching the quest for the holy grail lately? ;)

SethDavis said:

I really wanna add a quest where the player can res Clara at a special temple, only to have a column snap a fall on her before she can speak

To you sir, I say that I am happy that you can act out these fantasies in videogames.
    Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

Maybe add her like a secret npc like Wilson?

Like bring a silence spell, Jan, Mazzy, a cloak of non-detection and the Mask of King Strohm III . . .

Best idea since turnip flavored iced cream, lets hope the devs consider it.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Maybe in a future patch but not this upcoming one.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who.

I'm dreadfully sorry I just get carried away.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Although it would be stunning to get a new NPC (I still remember how the unexpected news about Baeloth in the released patch caused huge excitement in everyone including myself) I would refrain from discussing the question raised in the OP.

The thing is that Beamdog worked for many months and fixed a universe of bugs. They have already given the patch notes to the Wizards of the Coast, as Phillip Daigle said last week. Taking into account the working on the patch took so long and as a result they have a ready build, thoroughly tested internally, and this build has already been sent to the approval, the patch cannot be changed, at least in terms of such a major part as a new NPC.
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    bengoshi said:

Although it would be stunning to get a new NPC (I still remember how the unexpected news about Baeloth in the released patch caused huge excitement in everyone including myself) I would refrain from discussing the question raised in the OP.

The thing is that Beamdog worked for many months and fixed a universe of bugs. They have already given the patch notes to the Wizards of the Coast, as Phillip Daigle said last week. Taking into account the working on the patch took so long and as a result they have a ready build, thoroughly tested internally, and this build has already been sent to the approval, the patch cannot be changed, at least in terms of such a major part as a new NPC.

They need to send a list of what bugs they fixed to wizards of the coast? Maybe there is more than just bug squashing results in those notes...
    And let the hype begin!
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I think Hexxat is fine, but I wouldn't complain about getting a new NPC. However, given all the bug fixes and work Beamdog has apparently put into the upcoming patch I'd feel a bit greedy to expect an NPC too.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    I would like to see a Neutral Character that could be chosen for Cleric role. Viconia and Anomen are both too, how should I put it, pushy?? A dreamer who waxes Hot and Cold that has some great advantages but also needs a Quest item to boost Morale, a Lucky Charm...

Perhaps a Thief dualled to Cleric at Level 6. 100pts in Traps/40 in Pickpockets/40 Open Locks/30 Hide/30 Silence/40 Set Snares. With an innate ability affecting Saves to balance Viconia's MR and Anomen's fighter levels.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I don't see any reason for the patch to add a new NPC.
  • OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    edited December 2014
    I wouldn't mind a new NPC in general, really. As long as they're decently written, it makes the game better.
    So people who contributed to this thread might also want to contribute to this one:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26028/clara-dlc-patch-spoilers-inside

Or, like me, contribute more than once :)
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I feel that while new NPCs would be fan-freakin'-tastic, I don't entirely want them in 1.3. 1.3.5? Sure! But 1.3 is my bug fixer. If new NPCs are in this patch then cool, you will never hear me complain. But new content means more bug-opportunities. So that's my opinion on that.

As for this whole Clara v.s. Hexxat nonsense, it is seriously growing stale. I hate both characters after seeing people bicker about them ceaselessly.
    Elrandir said:

I feel that while new NPCs would be fan-freakin'-tastic, I don't entirely want them in 1.3. 1.3.5? Sure! But 1.3 is my bug fixer. If new NPCs are in this patch then cool, you will never hear me complain. But new content means more bug-opportunities. So that's my opinion on that.

As for this whole Clara v.s. Hexxat nonsense, it is seriously growing stale. I hate both characters after seeing people bicker about them ceaselessly.

I get not liking conflict and I get getting bored of a topic. I'll even add that I don't want to be connected to some the stupid reasons for not liking Hexxat.

Still, I do truly think that it would benefit the devs to make a statement on the issue -- *achem* @trentOster @PhillipDaigle *achem*.

Communication = good

Communication had been bad for a while but has improved as of late. I think the devs earned themselves lots of good will by setting a date for Adventure Y -- now I don't come once a week, check the forum and go *gahh* still no new adventure, still no patch *gahh*, still no new NPCs *gahh* . . .

What stopped the where is Adventure Y grumbling? Information from the devs. Now people are enjoying Gazebo hijinks.

So, I have hope that the devs will get that critique =/ trolling and give a thumbs up or down on Clara.

@typo_lilly Yeah, that would be improvement. And I agree -- the game needs a new single class cleric more than anything. Still, I would still like access to Hexxat's areas and a pure thief or a thief with the ability to dual to cleric would also be nice and would fit into the existing game.

Perhaps Mask has taken an interest in the bhaalspawn? By Mask's Mask!
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited December 2014
    id like it

but tbh i've given up expecting anything from this. If it happens great if not meh. Hexxat really soured the experience for me tbh im pretty uninterested in new chars at this point unless its was specifically interest in