New Beamdog Logo

2»

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited January 2015
    Courier New is the best!
    Post edited by jackjack on
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    Times New Roman is probably my favourite to read for pleasure, Arial I use at work for the same reason as Amber. When it comes to writing and especially editing on paper, I prefer double-spaced Courier, which is aesthetically kind of ugly and takes getting used to, but is what was used for most screenplays and up until the last few years was pretty standard for prose manuscripts, too. I really hated it initially, but it grew on me and now screenplays and manuscripts don't feel entirely "real" to me when they're in something else.
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    deltago said:

Why Phil wants them banned is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Many things about Phil are beyond anyone's comprehension, and for good reason. To understand would be to court madness... MADNESS...!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm a big fan of Cambria (serif) and Calibri (sans-serif).

Although in high school I went through phases for both Comic Sans and Papyrus.
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    edited January 2015
    I like Cambria too, Dee. (And I admit a fondness for Papyrus...I use it often for player handouts in my tabletop games. :) )
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    bengoshi said:

elminster said:

Comic Sans or nothing! :p

Just for the posterity: it was the 10000th post of elminster on the forum. Onwards to 100000!
    Pretty sure to get to 100,000 would take like 30 years to accomplish.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    Well we can't all be Helvetica Neue, can we? I enjoy a variety of typefaces for a variety of purposes. The only things I loath are inappropriate Papyrus and anything that looks even a little bit like Papyrus.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    edited January 2015
    Trebuchet is my favourite sans serif font. It is clean looking at well spaced. Although I don't know why it is serifing here.
    Baskerville Old Face is my go to serif font. I like how the serifs align with common lettering like "th" or "il".

Both Papyrus and Comic Sans needs to be deleted from every program, server, computer etc around the entire world. I will pay some hacker 3 internet cookies to make it happen.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This is my shell's font and color.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited January 2015
    Nice sidetrack here! Speaking of roads, i use Isocpeur for texts on technical drawing.
    You are using two fonts there. And there are hideous Sans fonts as well. Both the blighted Comic Sans and Papyrus are sans.

And I am also guessing you didn't like any of the finalist for the logo then.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Because it's much easier to keep with whatever is the default font on word.
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    Troodon80 said:

[two very nice fonts]

Being a calligraphy fan who studied for years (like this) to write in that way, I'm somewhat partial to the ones above.

Anything looking like Old English/Gothic styles, really. The top one, not so much. It looks sharp, pointy, it's got curves where you wouldn't expect; for example the dot on the eye is curved on all sides, concave, which would mean multiple sweeps just to get the desired effect—also remember that the ink will not be uniform (obviously that doesn't matter with mono-colour computer fonts). It looks more like a stencil font. You have to remember that most fountain pens or felt nib pens start with a mostly straight or partially convex line when using the broad side of the nib. If it starts convex, then it is most likely to end concave.

The bottom one is better, more natural looking.
    I studied calligraphy too! I only took a few classes but I can still bust out the serifs if I need to. Often when I have to print in "all caps" I use uncial characters out of habit.

Sooo back on topic

noticing the new icewinddale.com site has the new logo on the top, but not the one that won.
    The one on the site is unique but I don't know if I prefer it over the winner, or some of the other entries.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    deltago said:

Sooo back on topic

noticing the new icewinddale.com site has the new logo on the top, but not the one that won.
    The one on the site is unique but I don't know if I prefer it over the winner, or some of the other entries.

I think that is just the old logo with an "ice" color added to it. I am not entirely sure, but I think that was the logo used when the site first launched, but I can't remember...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited January 2015
    deltago said:

Sooo back on topic

I'm sure it's mainly because of image rights and copyrights. The new logo has to become a trademark which needs some legal proceedings.

The second reason, I think, is that the Devs want something like an announcement about the Adventure Y to become the very first time the majority of people see the new logo. So that it would become a unique feature of that announcement i.e. "Baldur's Gate is back with a new, better engine and so is Beamdog is now here, a new big company within an RPG-developers circle, thus a new logo"
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Now that SoD has been announced for a while, any ideas on when the logo might be used?