Skip to content

Grum's Magnificent Trainwreck - RP-No Reload Attempts

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    An epic conclusion to an epic run, plus great fun to read!
    BlackravenJuliusBorisovGrumlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Congrats, @Grum : this story was like a good novel. Thanks for sharing it with us and looking forward to BG2:)
    Grumkcwiselolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Kcwise, Bengoshi, thank you. As long as it was better than the official novel, I'm happy.
    kcwiseMortiannaJuliusBorisovlolien
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    Thanks for all your effort, this was a fantastic story.

I'd love to read Durak's adventures in BG2, with a party the more the merrier.

Jahira --- he feels guilty over ditching her and Khalid in BG1 (perhaps he could have saved Khalid?)
    Minsc --- who's fighting prowess impressed Durak earlier in your narrative.
    Imoen--- she is a rather competent mage these days and not the helpless little girl that you didn't want to be responsible for the death of in BG1

Durak and Kagian would be a sick front-line, but Kagain is a bit mercenary and rather evil. Would be an interesting piece of role playing.

Jan is a goofball, but a handy ally. Not sure if Durak could tolerate his shenanigans for too long.

I've never taken Mazzy but I figure you could RP her into being a keeper, and you may team up with Yoshimo out of convenience. The weak link IMO is arcane casters (until you get Imoen back anyway) since I just don't see any of them really fitting into a party with Durak the way you wrote his personality.

Also why were there no pantaloons in your inventory?
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    edited April 2015
    Hispls:

No pantaloons because they require either meta gaming or an evil act. And this will be a RP run through.

And thank you to everyone for the advice. I think that I've decided on a party. It should be fairly strong...but not overly so, given that I don't plan to rely too much on magic. We'll see how it goes!
    Post edited by Grum on
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Ouch, I'm sorry to hear it happened like that! Your story ending for him was very good though.

There are times I wish these tales weren't of no reload runs though! It definitely makes them more suspenseful, since I never know if the hero will make it to the end, but it's always sad when the unexpected happens.

Thanks for sharing your writing, it was quite enjoyable. Are you thinking of trying another run with a new character at some point?
    GoturalBlackravenGrumlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Grum said:

I wasn't feeling the icewind dale run as of now.

bummer... (just see my enthusiasm in your IWD thread)
    Grumkcwiselolien
  • ArnaeusArnaeus Member Posts: 90
    That's some bad luck.

Perhaps you just need to find a character you're inspired by rather than just trying to come up with a class/race and fill in the personality later?
    Grumkcwiselolien
  • DemonicDemonic Member Posts: 75
    edited April 2015
    Awsome story about an extremely epic dwarf. Teach me, master.

(No seriously, please have a look at this: Bard's diary and throw in your opinion, I would really appreciate it. )
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovGrumlolien
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    You could have reloaded and just lied about it. This is a tragic end to such a great story.
    kcwiseGrumlolien
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Thanks for your epic story @Grum! I've read through'em all and I'm impressed by your writing skills. I hope you find a new (durable :P) char soon and create a new epic adventure which will last a long time.

My only advice would be that sometimes when one loses alot over a short period, one tends to cut corners to speed things up. I don't know at all if you are one of those (I am), but take your time and don't forget to buff up more than may be needed, at least in the beginning.

A blackguard could make for a great playthrough.

Cheers,
    //Skat.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovGrumlolien