Skip to content

Canonize A Mod NPC

shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
If you could choose one mod NPC to become an "official" party member in BG/BG2 - fully integrated, like the EE characters - who would it be?
  1. Canonize A Mod NPC67 votes
    1. Nathaniel (Lawful Good Human Kensai, by Feuille & Miss Sakaki)
        2.99%
    2. Fade (Chaotic Neutral Fey'ri Shadow Thief, by Mistress Elysia and Silmarien)
        4.48%
    3. Arath (True Neutral Human Druid, by K'aeloree)
        1.49%
    4. Adrian (Lawful Evil Elf Sorcerer, by Rhaella)
        2.99%
    5. Solaufein (Chaotic Good Drow Fighter/Mage, by Westley Weimer)
      28.36%
    6. Valen (Chaotic Evil Vampire Fighter/Thief, by Westley Weimer)
        4.48%
    7. Sarah (Chaotic Good Human Ranger, by theacefes)
        1.49%
    8. Mur'Neth (Chaotic Evil Ooze Thief, by Andyr)
        1.49%
    9. Vynd (Neutral Evil Drow Assassin, by Glam Vrock)
        2.99%
    10. Other/None (please specify)
      49.25%

Comments

• XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Kido from Mod for the Wicked.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The slimier they come, the better they fit into every niche of the games.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Xan in BG2
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Ellyrian by CaloNord.

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Arath! He's one of my most favorite NPC mods of all time, and he's written by the awesome @LiamEsler.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Tresset: I was wondering for a moment, until I saw the trollface...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I have never actually used the Sarileth mod, but I hear it is pretty bad. I almost want to try it to see just how bad it is...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited February 2015
    Balthazar from Ascension. I have two canon CHARNAME's. One's a bard who travels with the canon party (at least my opinion of it) and the other's a cleric who travels with only Imoen, Sarevok, and Balthazar. (all the time, that is. Other's come and go just for their specific quests) Sibling power, baby.
    Post edited by Elrandir on
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited February 2015
    A gay romance who is not a mass murdering psychopath? Quite innocent and virtuous as well. Also, he is waaay cuter than Dorn. Oh, how I wish!
    (Course Dorn will bisect him in like two rounds tops. He is weak. But cute! My type. Lol)
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Silver Star - a demented (yet childlike in her innocence) Neutral Evil female elf assassin who you meet in Chateau Irenicus. She's a product of Irenicus' experiments and has been chronically poisoned, so she has a low (7) Constitution, but is immune to the effects of poison. She also has a sentient sword that has unstated abilities. There were a few bugs, but it was a well-written mod in terms of her personality and her banters with other NPCs throughout the game. As far as I know, nothing has been done on the mod in years, and the original link to the mod is down. Thankfully, I still have it on an external drive.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    Although I've read that a few modded NPC are very well made, I personally have never felt the need to add one to my campaign. But I have to agree with @bengoshi , I would really like to play with a modded Yeslik. He's one of my favorite NPCs in BG1 and have to say I missed his simplicity in SoA.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    any one of my multiplayer party!

Kang- lawful neutral Edwin essentially. likes power and think himself as leader of the party.

Donathal- much too loyal dwarf that will do anything asked of him, and seemingly never remembers why he is doing what he is doing. he started by getting lost from his clan and now somehow he's never gotten back to them and instead ended up on an epic adventure with a bhaalspawn! tells crazy, long winded stories whenever he has to explain something and every tavern you visit you can drink with him and get crazy banter! he is a simple but lovable dwarf!

Andre- a good person and a source of comedic relief as he makes a joke about just about everybody in the party. just a word of advice though... don't give him Lilarcor!

Maeglin- grown up in poverty. even when life gets better he still steals a little just out of habit. he is my character and the bhaalspawn, so he would probably lose the bhaalspawn trait and thus not have the dark moments to his story, but coming late into the game he is changing and maturing. when we get HLAs he'll practically not be a thief anymore in our game, as he'll be more of a paladin holding caromyr in full plate, thus for a while now in BG2 he's been on a path of redemption and growing up.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I don't know who I would like to see introduced as a joinable NPC but I think I don't want to see Solaufein NPC mod canonized. Solaufein is in unmoded game sure, but I don't like the writing of his mod. It feels like Solaufein from the canon and mode are two different beings. Also, Sola annoyed me many times, for example, making the decisions for me (like, recruiting Drizzt).

And finally, what becomes of Solaufein after Bodhi captures him, regardless of who you actually romanced with? Huge difficulty spike, that's what.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Hubelpot.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Shouldn't there be a "Don't canonize a mod NPC" option to make it fair.

Pretty sure "Other/None" covers that.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @elminster Not really. Wanting a non-listed NPC and wanting no mod NPC is hardly the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    Bg2ee = Kiyonne/Kova combo. Great mod.

BGEE = Finch

If the NPC has to have content in both...Gavin
  • CaeriaCaeria Member Posts: 201
    I've always been a fan of Domi's Kivan mod. I always sort of felt like he was meant to be in the game anyway.