Skip to content

Which House do you support?

SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
edited March 2015 in Off-Topic
With Game of Thrones only a month, it seems to be legal to once again start spamming the internet with GOT questions XD.
So yeah which House do you support in the game of thrones and why?
  1. Which House do you support?26 votes
    1. House Stark: cause dire wolves are cool, also "Winter is Coming"
      30.77%
    2. House Targaryen: incest so what, I totally loved the Imoen romance "Fire and Blood"
      19.23%
    3. House Arryn: they have the The Eyrie and thats better than the rest of Westeros combined "As High as Honor"
        0.00%
    4. House Lannister: A Lannister always pays his, wait I mean "Hear Me Roar!" also more incest
      11.54%
    5. House Baratheon: Well Davos swore his loyalty to a Baratheon and thats good enough for me "Ours is the Fury"
        7.69%
    6. House Greyjoy: They are vikings. "We Do Not Sow"
        0.00%
    7. House Martell: Sexy brown people from the desert im in "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
        7.69%
    8. House Tully: I'm terrible at fish puns you guys can do it in the comments "Family, Duty, Honor"
        0.00%
    9. House Tyrell: House Lannister without the incest. "Growing Strong"
        7.69%
    10. Other/None
      15.38%

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Cos... dragons.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited March 2015
    House Martell, never defeated held their ground when the rest of Westeros bent knee to the Targaryen's.
    Also of all the Matells i've met in the books i've had no reason to hate any of them.
    In fact most of them are extremely intresting and likeable chracaters.
    Also I'm kinda stoked they made the people from the desert brown in the show, cause in the books I remember alot of them being ginger, which always kinda confused me.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Reasons:

1) Permidion Stark
    2) One does not simply abandon Shaun Mark "Sean" Bean
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Physically, I'm a Baratheon... blue eyes and dark hair. But I've been called a Lannister by every GoT personality test I've ever taken... not entirely sure what that means... I maintain strong, but healthy relationships with my siblings... but I am also as vengeful as Hell.

Also, I do find the Tyrion to be the most compelling character in both the books and the show.

Who are you?
    The proud Lord said,
    That I must bow so low...
    Also, Lord Tywin is a thundering badass.

My only real gripe with the show (unlike some, I think they've done a pretty solid job) is that they undersold him a little with respect to Robb's demise...

In the books, he orchestrated the entire thing, right down to getting him into bed with the wrong girl... Whereas the show seems to have him capitalising on an opportunity.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    I was thinking it would be interesting although difficult, to apply D&D alignment system to GoT houses. Mostly because in D&D there's a quite clear separation of law and chaos, good and evil, while in GoT... well, it's a mess and we all know that.
    My role playing character would probably vote for the Starks, although I like late King Robert's take on life:

"I'm not worthy of the honor.", "I'm not trying to honor you. I'm trying to get you to run my kingdom while I eat, drink and whore my way to an early grave..."

In the end, I voted for the Starks because I don't like deeply insecure characters like Stannis. He's basically doing whatever Melisandre tells him to. C'mon, who's supposed to be the king? And Renly... there's a kingdom to conquer and you do WHAT? Joust and be merry? Geez...
    At least the Starks have the courage to take matters in their own hands, whether that leads to good decisions or bad ones.

Plus, "Winter is coming" feels like home to me: today 6 degrees, tomorrow -6. Gotta love Quebec.
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Stark. But I'm still not caught up on the books, so I won't be watching yet. Greyjoy is the worst, if they don't sow, how do they eat? It makes no sense to me.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I couldn't pick House Tyrion, so this is the next best thing.

And House Stark? is that a thing anymore?

And House Stark? is that a thing anymore?

Indeed it is.
    The wise Alaundo has foreseen great things for Arya and Jon both. Sansa will instead continue to do what she does best: crying.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Ahhh.. remind me to put this the never open again thread.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    House Baratheon because Stannis the Mannis
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Brotherhood Without Banners
    TheElf said:

Stark. But I'm still not caught up on the books, so I won't be watching yet. Greyjoy is the worst, if they don't sow, how do they eat? It makes no sense to me.

Simple they take slaves to do the sowing for them and remember the Greyjoy family is the top family on pike, I'm sure alot of the other iron islanders do sow whenever possible.

Brotherhood Without Banners

Yeah before lady stoneheart
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    I used to support House Stark, until *spoiler*.

Then I used to support House Baratheon, until *spoiler*.

Now I support House Tyrell.

When they *insert horrific and plot defining event that ends any chance they have of winning*, I'll be forced to change support again, and ultimately there'll be nobody for me to support but the Targaryens, who are pretty much being set up to be the winners...so if I had any sense, I'd stop beating about the bush, just accept the inevitable and support Targaryen.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    House Atreides of course, but I don't see it listed? I should choose "other" I suppose. Muad'Dib!!!
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I'm wondering how many people in this thread have read the books. Not that I'm going to spoil anything it just amuses me when people have the same assumptions I had and George CRUSHES them.

Squire said:

I used to support House Stark, until *spoiler*.

Then I used to support House Baratheon, until *spoiler*.

Now I support House Tyrell.

When they *insert horrific and plot defining event that ends any chance they have of winning*, I'll be forced to change support again, and ultimately there'll be nobody for me to support but the Targaryens, who are pretty much being set up to be the winners...so if I had any sense, I'd stop beating about the bush, just accept the inevitable and support Targaryen.

Ha do you really think Martin would let the Targaryen's win? do you have any idea how many people love Daenerys and just how much Martin loves messing with people.
    Sure Daenerys will come back Westeros, sure she's gonna go through trails and tribulations, sure she's gonna almost win, then she's gonna die a horrible horrible death.
    The Targaryen line is almost severed, I think their might be more Starks than Targaryens left.
    There's at least one who is both...

Simple they take slaves to do the sowing for them and remember the Greyjoy family is the top family on pike, I'm sure alot of the other iron islanders do sow whenever possible.

But slavery's illegal in Westeros, just shows the Iron Islands are really strange. Somehow they've just carried on being an economy based on raiding their neighbors and paying the 'iron price' for everything, even though the kingdoms have been united for hundreds of years. Where have they been doing all this raiding? I haven't read any of the extra lore outside of the books, but this never made sense to me.
    abacus said:

[...]

There's at least one who is both...

... and technically, this character (notice the gender neutral word) is also neither of both.
    I just hope Martin is releasing the new book this year.
    MARTIN, YOU HEAR ME? MORADIN'S WRATH TAKE YOU!
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    TheElf said:

But slavery's illegal in Westeros, just shows the Iron Islands are really strange. Somehow they've just carried on being an economy based on raiding their neighbors and paying the 'iron price' for everything, even though the kingdoms have been united for hundreds of years. Where have they been doing all this raiding? I haven't read any of the extra lore outside of the books, but this never made sense to me.
    They were conquered by the Targaryens like everyone else and haven't openly practised slavery for 300 years. Balon Greyjoy tried to rebel as soon as the Targaryens were out of power but he was crushed by Ned and Robert. Their economy is mainly based on trading and fishing, they also travel far and pirate other ships but are careful not to provoke other houses when they do so.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Same story here...
    Adso said:

House Atreides of course, but I don't see it listed? I should choose "other" I suppose. Muad'Dib!!!

Heh. This reminds me I should go and read Dune...
    wubble said:

They were conquered by the Targaryens like everyone else and haven't openly practised slavery for 300 years. Balon Greyjoy tried to rebel as soon as the Targaryens were out of power but he was crushed by Ned and Robert. Their economy is mainly based on trading and fishing, they also travel far and pirate other ships but are careful not to provoke other houses when they do so.

So they're an island of fishermen and traders who are full of hot air and still see themselves as the scourge of the seas like their ancestors of a few centuries ago? That's how I see them, anyway don't want to derail the thread, but I always felt like GRRM made a bit of a boo-boo with them.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    House Republican or House Democrat?
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2015
    Stark, followed by Reyne and Blackfyre, though they're both extinct.
    TheElf said:

wubble said:

So they're an island of fishermen and traders who are full of hot air and still see themselves as the scourge of the seas like their ancestors of a few centuries ago? That's how I see them, anyway don't want to derail the thread, but I always felt like GRRM made a bit of a boo-boo with them.
    To be fair, the Greyjoys are a product of their own environment and as such generally don't know any other way to act beyond their own, as reflected in their words, ''We Do Not Sow''. In addition, they are separated from mainland Westeros, which means that they were always going to be more focused on the old days than the other Great Houses.