Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of ONE MILLION visions"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    This is a post by Draco Incognito in the Bioware Forum. I tried to answer it there, but couldn't as I think no new posts can now be written. :( .

Yay! I figured it out! It turns out that for some reason, Siege of Dragonspear does not like new kits in the game(Might have something to do with the tlk). So I will be playing a baldur's gate ee solo run with bgtweaks and the warlock mod from my first post.

Draco

You can actually play the EE game with kits, then open the final save in another unmodded installation for Dragonspear to complete just Dragonspear. Any modded items will disappear such as items from DSoSC, Dark Horizons and the Drizzt Saga, though you can copy the itm files from one installation to the other. In that case you will keep the items.
    However the item descriptions will be crazy.

You will keep any standard items which are included in mods.

I had a mod which allowed half-orc inquisitors in EE. In Dragonsprear this worked fine as it is a standard kit with a non-standard race..

Let's hope that Draco reads this post along with anyone else to whom this information is useful. :)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,436
    edited August 2016
    Gate70 said:

& as feared.

The palace (at least in the EE) is certainly a dangerous fight for solo characters - especially those without summons. Ensuring you pick up horror rather than slow poison (which is useless for solo) as a Bhaal ability will considerably improve the odds though.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2016
    @semiticgod , Gratz on discovering an IWD2 mechanic that I bet few people ever knew about. That's a very helpful contribution to general knowledge about the Infinity Engine games.

edit: I wonder if that same trick would work with the Raise Dead scroll problem in SoD?
    Hard luck Wise. The feeblemind is not a cast spell, but an effect of their attack in the EE - so spell protections don't work (though a potion of clarity or Greenstone Amulet do). The multiple sirines attacking during resting was a bug - fixed in the latest EE update.
    edited August 2016
    Grond0 said:

Hard luck Wise. The feeblemind is not a cast spell, but an effect of their attack in the EE - so spell protections don't work (though a potion of clarity or Greenstone Amulet do). The multiple sirines attacking during resting was a bug - fixed in the latest EE update.

The multiple sirenes would actually have been a boon if Strongarm had not been effectively solo at the time.

20000 experience in one battle!! He did actually kill four of them solo!

Would I have to re-install all my mods if I acquired the latest patch?

That is the only major bug that I have found so far.

Grond0 said:

Would I have to re-install all my mods if I acquired the latest patch?
    Afraid so - patching will delete all the existing EE mods.
    edited August 2016
    Grond0 said:

Just wondering if the hordes of Xzvart that used to appear near and in the cave in the gnoll stronghold were also a bug that has been corrected. They were quite a challenge largely because of the shamans, but I don't seem to get them now.