Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    So I do have a question regarding this. Is the challenge trilogy only? Or can I submit an icewind dale run or just run baldurs gate2 or Sod?
    JuliusBorisov
    @semiticgod Thank you for the assistance here. I appreciate the info.
    JuliusBorisov
    @semiticgod what is the SR mentioned in the SCS description?
    JuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @RVNS: Spell Revisions (SR) is a spell mod that tweaks most of the spells in BG1 and BG2 to make them more balanced and consistent. It's often paired with Item Revisions (IR), which rebalances the items of BG1 and BG2. They're designed to work together, and Spell Revisions and SCS are also designed to work together. If you install SR and SCS in the right order (I think SR comes first, but it would be better to check), then SCS spellcasters will use SR spells. I usually play without SR, but I strongly recommend the mod; it's extremely well-done.

I wrote a review of SR and IR in the first issue of the community magazine Wild Surge. You can read the review here, on page 7.
    ArctodusWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited July 2017
    Definitively install SR before SCS. Being on a Mac, which means no Big World Setup, make you learn that kind of stuff. :p

One more thing though : you have to install the SR specific version of SCS to have mage using SR spells. Generic SCS do not fully exploit SR changes.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059

Then I shall tag @Ygramul!

My tetralogy run was the "Undergate" run, with Chara the Alchemist as Charname, Frisk the Seducer, and 37 other NPCs over the course of the saga. I died once in BG1, but I did not reload; I started over from Candlekeep so it would be a continuous no-reload run. I have the links for each section of the run:

Thanks, @semiticgod

I just updated the original post with these runs.
    semiticgoddessGate70JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Arctodus said:

Definitively install SR before SCS. Being on a Mac, which means no Big World Setup, make you learn that kind of stuff. :p

One more thing though : you have to install the SR specific version of SCS to have mage using SR spells. Generic SCS do not fully exploit SR changes.

What is the current state of Spell Revisions?

Is it stable?

Does the SCS AI successfully incorporate it into consideration?
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    edited July 2017
    Spell Revisions is still officially in beta, but it's fully playable. It's very stable. I haven't encoutered any problem with it.

Also, only the SR specific version of SCS fully take the changes of SR in consideration. You can find it here :

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28249&page=1.

Generic SCS works, but does not take the SR changes into account. I had a run with SR and generic SCS before I knew about the correct version. Never finished it, but everything seemed at least functionnal, if not optimal.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldYgramulJuliusBorisov
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited July 2017

Tag-5,

Don't get cocky,

I popped into a cave to gab a sword... then wiped out spiders for Neera, and reshuffled my party at camp to deal with a couple of quest loose ends.

N.t.s, when things are going smooth... LOOK BEHIND YOU!
    ArctodusGrond0Gate70JuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2017

Underdale 1: Frisk in Icewind Dale

Eating spider donuts fills us with determination.
    Some battle! Congrats on surviving it. :)
    ussnorway said:

Tag-5,

Don't get cocky,

N.t.s, when things are going smooth... LOOK BEHIND YOU!
    Hard luck. :(
    JuliusBorisov
    Arctodus said:

Spell Revisions is still officially in beta, but it's fully playable. It's very stable. I haven't encoutered any problem with it.

Also, only the SR specific version of SCS fully take the changes of SR in consideration. You can find it here :

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28249&page=1.

Generic SCS works, but does not take the SR changes into account. I had a run with SR and generic SCS before I knew about the correct version. Never finished it, but everything seemed at least functionnal, if not optimal.

Thanks. This is helpful. I will try this version with SR.
    ArctodusMantis37JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    @semiticgod

Pseudonatural is a template in the epic players hand book of version 3.0 DnD, i wanted to use it somewhere, and i thought that would be a great place to do so :)
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Gate70 said:

There now follows the sort of combat that is extremely enjoyable but is thoroughly not recommended in no-reload

Strange comment - what is there not to recommend :p?
    CrevsDaak
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Aside from friendly fire?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2017
    Gate70 said:

Gate70/Grond0 multiplayer attempt 135 - Post 1 2 3
    Kolla (Female Half-Elf Fighter/Mage), Gate70
    Sapper (Male Dwarf Fighter), Grond0

Congrats on beating the big guy. :)
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    Grond0AerakarJuliusBorisov
    @semiticgod @Corey_Russell

Thank you for the advice!
    Corey_Russell
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I tend to find that if you sleep once in the area where you get ambushed there is a chance you get ambushed when going East and south. It has something to do with ambushes taking place between travel regions at certain timeslots. Generally it is only a time range of a few hours.
    But hey, there are three potential arrow magnets that can join you in that area and then use a good party layout (the circle with you in the middle works okay) until you are confident with survival.

Running is always good. Fight or flight as they say. You either commit or you don't.
    JuliusBorisovAerakarWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak