Skip to content

Lets talk weapons... As this is an enhanced edition we need enhanced weapons...

12346»

Comments

• DrusycDrusyc Member Posts: 44
    Mages can be doing something better than flinging one damage darts, but the dagger would be a little iffy, you're right. Maybe pump up the damage taken?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Drusyc Yup! That is a much better idea... Or something random. A chance of petrification or loss of morale?
    Bolt of Cow summoning.

@Redguard 's emergency flares in theory should have been a success. When the need arose to attract help, the flares would be loaded into a crossbow and fired into the sky. The flare would then produce an iridescent light show to guide rescuers to the scene. As an added bonus, food would then be portalled to the wretched souls in need of aid... An issue with how much food, how fresh the food should be delivered and finally a lawsuit from the Waterdhavian vegetarian society resulted in the flares being quietly withdrawn from general usage...

Bolt 1d6 +1 fire damage

20% chance blinding target for 1 round.

3% chance cow falls from sky and damages target as wildsurge roll of 87
    RedGuardlolien
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Question!

Has any magical throwing dagger been added to the game? Because after beating BG:EE, I don't recall seeing one...
    @ZelgadisGW Good question... I have not found one. Not very helpful. I am doing a completionist run through this time. So. If there is one I should find it. Should.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Anduin
    If so, then magical throwing daggers should have been added. Just to be a valid option for mages, thieves, druida...
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Ha. Took me a second to work out what was going on here. Nice idea @Anduin

Though you should watch out, I'm sure there's something off with Wild Surges these days. You expect cow meat and yet may end up with horse meat. lol Cowled Wizards across the lands are inspecting these surges to make sure that future surges are within tolerable parameters.
    Anduin
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    The sword of Gibber.

"Having always had nightmares over being devoured by Gibberlings, the mighty Xvart Hixlen recieved this blade from a far to friendly Dryad. The sword is extremely effective against Gibberlings, but Hixlens swordmanship was not."

This sword is taken off off Kolsseds, fat, rotting corpse ( character greeting you after Gorion is slain, just before meeting Xzar and Montaron ).

Short sword, not magical.
    Thaco+1 ( +4 vs gibberlings )
    +3 damage vs gibberlings.

I hate Kolssed.
    Anduin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The Sprinkler: Longsword.

This sword is magical to behold. In daylight it is seemingly a sword handle with an unending stream of high powered cold water flowing upward in the shape of a blade, the water disappearing into a floating diamond at the sword point... Yet it is merely a trick. When used against enemies, it simply only gets them wet.

However at night, the water freezes into a blade of ice... freezing anyone or anything it touches. Some wizards claim that it is an artefact of nether, and draws its power from a point where the planes of water and the negative material plane meet... Its power wields wildly between day and night.

Day.

Thaco +5
    Damage 1D2 - 1
    +100% immunity to fire damage. Water puts the flames out, the user gets soaking wet.

Night.

Thaco +1
    Damage 1D8 +2D6 ice damage.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisovFrondlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    have moved this from the Archives to the General discussion

Thread on!
    Anduinelminster
    Anduin said:

Ogre Toothpick +1 Dagger
    This dagger has been sharpened by the Ogre Mage Calgate to get difficult bits of Gnome removed from hard to reach places...

+3 when versus Ogres.

I can't believe back in 2012, I wrote... this...
    elminsterJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    Anduin said:

Anduin said:

Ogre Toothpick +1 Dagger
    This dagger has been sharpened by the Ogre Mage Calgate to get difficult bits of Gnome removed from hard to reach places...

+3 when versus Ogres.

Don't worry I frequently think the same regarding some of my older posts. I just have 3x the post count to look back on and shake my head to :)
    AnduinJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    Grieg said:

Blunt weapon:
    Small gnome of doom (hold by feet)
    STR required: 20
    two-handed weapon

You can give the gnome 2 swords, which will inflict extra slashing damage to everybody nearby (including bearer).

It gets worse... I liked this post... liked it...

*Anduin ponders how brainwashed he was as a gnome so long ago to actually allow and like the hurting of gnomes... A tear wells in his eye.*

Forgive me... I lacked wisdom...

I still do... I'm a gnome...
    elminsterJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Anduin said:

Anduin said:

Ogre Toothpick +1 Dagger

+3 when versus Ogres.

You think the stuff you said was bad, just look at what I drew. I have some really awful first-try portraits from last year.
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak