Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    If you export you BG2 save into Neverwinter Nights, your Bhaalspawn has a cameo. If you chose godhood, there is little chapel in City Center (or however it was called) in Chapter I, and if you chose humanity, you can find
    your Bhaalspawn's body
    in Chapter IV.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078
    @elminster I sure hope you mean leaving candlekeep in chapter 6 and not chapter 1
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2017
    There's an old sea captain that will take you to Werewolf Island. He's heard a lot in his travels of the seas and had long ago determined its location based on its impact on the currents. He'll take you there, for a price. A pretty dark price at that.

In any case, should you decide to be curious of such things, you'll find him in one of the taverns of Baldur's Gate's dock area.

Should you choose to go this route the outcome will of course be quite different.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    If you finish BG1 with a character named Psy you are treated to an animated version of Gangnam Style featuring Baldur's Gate characters rather than the usual Sarevok death movie.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Did you know that the developers actually never accounted for multiclass falling mechanics?

As a result, if the player's reputation drops below 6 the character will lose all divine casting abilities and their charm animal ability, leaving only their ability to turn undead intact.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Did you know that druids don't actually protect nature from civilization? They protect civilization from bees by keeping their favored habitat intact.Bees are the most powerful race in Faerun. The only reason they haven't conquered the world is because of druids.
    ThacoBell said:

Did you know that druids don't actually protect nature from civilization? They protect civilization from bees by keeping their favored habitat intact.Bees are the most powerful race in Faerun. The only reason they haven't conquered the world is because of druids.

Did you know that Druids are, in fact, bees' favourite habitat? They're porous, like sponges. The various "spells" are simply the swarm defending their territory.
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56
    If you leave Jaheira in Irenicus Dungeon explicitly saying that you leave her to rot here, she'll attack you when you summon her in ToB.
    edited December 2017
    According to Faiths and Avatars, priests of Helm can actually use spears.

So strictly speaking Anomen could be running into battle with a spear in hand.
    Did you know that the abandoned house in High Hedge belongs to Thalantyr?

There was a dummied out quest in BG1 where he asks the player to kill the Huge Spider in front of the household. Due to its unfinished state, success didn't actually net the player any tangible reward, but did cause his conversation tree to bypass his usual introduction, allowing direct access to his shop menu with one fewer conversation option.
  • LadyEibhilinRhettLadyEibhilinRhett Member Posts: 1,078

If you leave Jaheira in Irenicus Dungeon explicitly saying that you leave her to rot here, she'll attack you when you summon her in ToB.

wait, i thought that really was an actual thing. it's not?
    ThacoBell said:

For some reason I can only think of abeil.
  • DragonOfShadesDragonOfShades Member Posts: 56

wait, i thought that really was an actual thing. it's not?

I did and checked this more than once. Nope, she's not at all angry. Too bad, that would be really logical thing to do :((
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Did you know that Gavid, phantom Bhaalspawn we meet during first trial in Pocket Plane, was named after @David_Gaider?
    edited December 2017
    You can get into Baldur's Gate as early as chapter 1. However, you can only do so by being snuck in late at night (and only if at least 30 days have passed since the start of the game).
    Its possible to play 2E rules in IWD2. You just need to input the following code into the console

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentCode("2ED")

This also unlocks the kits that were originally conceived for the game.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    elminster said:

Its possible to play 2E rules in IWD2. You just need to input the following code into the console

CLUAConsole:SetCurrentCode("2ED")

This also unlocks the kits that were originally conceived for the game.

I'd really like if this one was true...