Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

mlnevese said:

Well no luck about there being no Martians...

Well, Boo is a miniature giant space hamster. The males come from Mars, and the females from Venus.
    Oh no.. f the females came from Venus there would be no Martians left... :)
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    DreadKhan said:

Did you know some of Jan's turnips are actually rutabagas?

That's a common misconception. They are grown in a Québécois neighborhood near the Rue de Begas.

• ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    Since I'm a french canadian myself, I can concur to that. It's a street close to where I live, full of small, hairy people that are always talking to themselves. When I cross that street, they not only try to sell you turnips, but also old VHS and 8-track tapes. That's their main source of income, as far as I know.
    And I believe that it's just around the corner from Winchester Cathedral on the Rue de Valet. #fogy

The elf god Corellon is actually Santa.

I wont even ask how you discovered that... :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

I met him in my computer science class. He was hiding under a desk, taking notes on who was naughty and nice. I lured him out with some cookies and milk and we talked about cartoons for a while.

I didn't go out of my way to find out; I just saw it on his driver's license: Corellon Larethian, god of the elves. I found it in his wallet after he passed out.

Good to know even Santa needs a driver's license.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited September 2017
    elminster said:

I met him in my computer science class. He was hiding under a desk, taking notes on who was naughty and nice. I lured him out with some cookies and milk and we talked about cartoons for a while.

I didn't go out of my way to find out; I just saw it on his driver's license: Corellon Larethian, god of the elves. I found it in his wallet after he passed out.

That's because the law in Greenland requires you to have a license to drive a reindeer sleigh - even a flying one.

The reason Santa is acting as a god in the Forgotten Realms is that he is on the run from the authorities in several countries for illegally entering those countries, flying an unlicensed and unapproved aircraft, violating local speed limits, and smuggling contraband toys.

elminster said:

That's because the law in Greenland requires you to have a license to drive a reindeer sleigh - even a flying one.

The reason Santa is acting as a god in the Forgotten Realms is that he is on the run from the authorities in several countries for illegally entering those countries, flying an unlicensed and unapproved aircraft, violating local speed limits, and smuggling contraband toys.
    Well the Martians do it all the time... Wait.. is it the reason some countries send fighters after our scout ships?
    Well, that, and to justify the budget.

mlnevese said:

elminster said:

Well the Martians do it all the time... Wait.. is it the reason some countries send fighters after our scout ships?
    Well, one of your kin plotted to blow up the Earth because it obscured his view of Venus! If it hadn't been for that harebrained rabbit, we wouldn't even have been here today! And then there was that invasion that H.G. Wells wrote a documentary about.
    Lies! All lies!
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Most alien visitors to planet Earth are actually Venusians, not Martians. They're the ones who are stealing our probing jobs.
    As the Martians themselves put it:

Deep... Touching even...
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2017
    Did you know that if you kill Imoen Beamdog are required by law to pass your details on to the authorities and you are automatically put on a secret service watch list?

This is also true if you don't kill Imoen

It’s spelled “Thaxll'ssillyian” but it’s pronounced “Throatwarbler Mangrove”.
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Don't stack Arrows of Detonation onto the Godbow.

Just... don't.
    If you let Trias live in Planescape: Torment, he ends up marrying Aerie. None of them ever get their wings back, though.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2017
    Kaishas was once the lead singer in a band called "The Werewolves". Her main beef with Karoug is actually that his band "The Wolfweres" allegedly stole one of their songs.