Skip to content

Did you *actually* know?

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    In the original design, the Wood of Sharp Teeth was going to feature an Enchanter named Jim. He would be fighting a dire rabbit with nasty big pointy teeth. However, lawyers for Python (Monty) Pictures, Ltd, got wind and raised a big stink.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2017
    Did you know that as a former member of the Cult of the Dragon Davaeorn was taught dark magic by Sammaster. It's under his tutelage that he first showed his adeptness with alteration (and in particular teleportation) magic.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The incantation for a Fireball spell is actually just blowing a raspberry really loud.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

The incantation for a Fireball spell is actually just blowing a raspberry really loud.

...while flicking a little ball of guano toward your enemies.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    BillyYank said:

Doesn't the guana do the raspberry? I'm confused...
    DreadKhan said:

BillyYank said:

Doesn't the guana do the raspberry? I'm confused...
    The guano contains a raspberry. Be sure to keep this in a seperate pouch from your chocolate-covered blueberries.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2017
    The original BG2 design documents call for the creation of a psionic class. However mid way through development that idea was scrabbed in favour of spending that time and resources on the implementation of Neeber.
    edited September 2017
    The games originally had a class called "middle manager" which would bore and emotionally bully opponents to death. However, it was determined that it was the exact opposite of a prestige class, so the team decided to spend the effort h "middle manager" deserved on increasing Boo's vocabulary.

Noober was originally a "middle manager".
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    If you pay even closer attention to the record screen, you may also notice that sometimes killing 1 orc or 1 ogre counts as 2 kills, i.e. 1 orc/ogre kill equals 2 1/2 orcs/ogre kills on the record screen.

This only happens in BG1 on the same map where Drizzt is located and only if you fight the half-ogres for the paladin back in Beregost, but also before you speak to said paladin.

Also, if Dorn is in your party at the same time he may or may not - not sure of the % chance - go berserk and then split into 2 copies of himself after the double orc/ogre kill bug occurs, thus letting you have 2 Dorns in your party at one time, although the second Dorn has no dialog, no Blackguard abilities, and thus is basically a mute fighter hench-orc.

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Did you know that if Charname has Cha25, at the end of Dorn's quest you can convince him to give up his blackguard powers? His class changes to 'fighter', but he doesn't get any extra proficiency points. It is best to do this with him as low level as possible, though this is of course quite hard. I recommend recruiting him at level 1, kicking him out of your party, and picking him up again. That way you can get Dorn with **** in great swords. Yeah, you lose his blackguard powers, but it's cool to have.

Do this with the helm of opposite alignment, and you end up with a good half-orc fighter with Str19 who can really kick arse in the back lines.
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Grum said:

Artona said:

Did you know that thread "did you know?" on Beamdog forum is joke thread for false advice?

But you posted that here. Which by your logic makes your post false advice. Meaning that this thread is real advice for the game.
    But - this thread here *IS* real advice for the game!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ahhh nothing like a discussion about the nature of reality to relax after a long day :)
    BillyYank said:

So if I asked the other thread if the left path leads to the treasure, what would it say?

It would obviously lie and say "Yes!"

Did you actually know that this thread is 50 billion comments long and contains cheat codes for eternal life?

I thought we had edited that out... you know.. that small problem about immortal population and no space technology to allow people to migrate...
    Or because they are wrapped by e comment

/** Drunk, rewrite later

**/

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    If you don't mind playing Story Mode (Ehh? Story Mode?) you can get perfect stats... with a roll of 93.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,351
    mlnevese said:

Did you actually know that this thread is 50 billion comments long and contains cheat codes for eternal life?

I thought we had edited that out... you know.. that small problem about immortal population and no space technology to allow people to migrate...
    Dont worry. There is plenty of room on Mars. Humans will go there instead of Earth.

Lets just hope that there are no martians...
    edited September 2017
    Well no luck about there being no Martians...
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    elminster said:

Baldur's Gate 1 actually features a number of dialogue responses that will become the only usable options for you if your character is too intoxicated.

This is especially true for the Flaming Fist and Amnish Soldiers. Needless to say, they don't take too kindly to your state of mind.

Ha.My interest is piqued. That's it, I'm gettin lickered up as all get out. I'd like to see some new responses. B)
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Baldur's Gate 1 actually features a number of dialogue responses that will become the only usable options for you if your character is too intoxicated.

This game is more like real life than I could suspect.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    Zaghoul said:

elminster said:

This is especially true for the Flaming Fist and Amnish Soldiers. Needless to say, they don't take too kindly to your state of mind.

Ha.My interest is piqued. That's it, I'm gettin lickered up as all get out. I'd like to see some new responses. B)
    This only works if you, as a player are hammered as well. The game detects erratic mouse movements. Sometimes when the battery of a wireless mouse starts failing, a similar occurrence happens.
    mlnevese said:

Well no luck about there being no Martians...

Well, Boo is a miniature giant space hamster. The males come from Mars, and the females from Venus.