Skip to content

I have forgotten what cures ENERGY DRAIN?

I know the effects aren't permanent.

Which class and spell is it that I need to learn?

Comments

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Restoration, Greater Restoration. Also a genie if you have one.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Or go to a temple if you don't have a cleric. They can cast Restoration on you, though the cost is pretty steep. You can also buy a Restoration scroll at a temple, and they can be cast outside of the city, but the price for the convenience is higher.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Clerics get the lesser restoration spell, druids do not.
    Restoration scrolls can be used by anyone with int over 9. (For convenience, I guess)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Death and ressurection or raise dead works well.
  • claudiusclaudius Member Posts: 82
    edited April 2015
    a lot of merchants that are 'stealable' you can just steal over and over again until you have a stack. you don't have to be a cleric to cast the spell. (restoration)
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    claudius said:

a lot of merchants that are 'stealable' you can just steal over and over again until you have a stack. you don't have to be a cleric to cast the spell. (restoration)

I always get caught like 98% of the time. Nalia isn't that good at it yet.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137

I always get caught like 98% of the time. Nalia isn't that good at it yet.

Nalia is stuck at Thief level 4, so she's never going to be a great pickpocket without the help of items. Potions of Master Thievery help a lot. Or use Jan.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    In the original game you can stack the potion effects and I guess this is still the case in EE.
    If you want to cheat you invest in a few potions and then you can start your great collection over the city.
    You can even resell to some guys.
    You can use the revised thievery component of the rogue rebalancing mod to prevent this grab-everything method.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Musigny said:

In the original game you can stack the potion effects and I guess this is still the case in EE.

Yes. With enough potions any crappy NPC thief can steal everything you need. It breaks the game though, so I don't advice it.
    Musigny said:

If you want to cheat you invest in a few potions and then you can start your great collection over the city.
    You can even resell to some guys.
    You can use the revised thievery component of the rogue rebalancing mod to prevent this grab-everything method.

..or you can just NOT do it, instead of installing a mod which prevents you to do it.

You miss point. I don't do it and I don't recommend it.
    However I am still glad to use the mod and this component in particular which implements other features. Have a look at the readme before recommending to not install that mod.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Musigny said:

You miss point. I don't do it and I don't recommend it.
    However I am still glad to use the mod and this component in particular which implements other features. Have a look at the readme before recommending to not install that mod.

I quoted you @Musigny, but the post was directed for the OP which talked about his Nalia never succeding with pickpocketing. I should have added a "@OP", but you seem unecessary poked by my comment, so just chill it.

You mentioned the mod directly adjacent to your comment about pickpocketing and potentially making that feature preventable. My comment was very clearly stating that if that is your concern, just don't do it since, as I had stated above, it can break the game. And again, that was mainly intended for the OP since he/she seemed to have less experience with the game and perhaps could need that info (no offense, @thewisefool!). In no way did I recommend anyone to not install the mod due to it's other features since those features were not under discussion.

Take a chill pill mate, if you like the mod then keep on using it. It's of no concern to me.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Whoa. @Musigny's comment seemed pretty chill to me.
    joluv said:

Whoa. @Musigny's comment seemed pretty chill to me.

Some guys want me to freeze but I have no taste for such pills.
    I prefer anise, licorice, violet, honey (and even propolis) sweeties to name a few.
  • DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
    The Paladin, Undead Hunter Class is immune to level drain.
  • GlidderdustGlidderdust Member Posts: 70
    Try to get your AC as low as possible since the enemy has to be able to touch you for it to effect you.

Other than that, load up your cleric with lesser restoration and be prepared to rest after casting it. Or just wait it out if it's not permanent.
  • YupImMadBroYupImMadBro Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 347
    Reload. ;)
    CTRL-R.
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150

"Energy drain, huh? I have a special family recipe energy-boosting turnip serum made for just such an event! Reminds me of the time my great grandfather accidentally poked himself with a poison tipped arrow. Thankfully, my uncle was there with a nicely convenient antidote! Though, it wasn't actually an antidote, it was a mummy's tea! We had to rush him into a cleric faster than a basilisk can turn a squirrel into stone! Now that I think about it, I might have mixed up the turnip serum with a potion of exploding. You might want to find a nearby cleric before trying it out."

"Must have been uncle Scratchy. He has a thing for falling sick. Which reminds me of a time when he travelled to the Icewind Dale with an elf, a dwarf and a man. Though he was, in a way, kidnapped, actually. You see, the trio needed a burglar and, uncle Scratchy being small even for a gnome, was perceived as the right gnome for the job. Not that they explicitly looked for a gnome, although the dwarf did have an affinity for turnip soup. Which brings back memories of auntie Berta, she had one wonderful recipe. A powerful wizard once summoned a genie to fulfil her wish and she asked what she desired. No, not the recipe. She craved griffon stew, as this happened during the griffon famine of '22. Needless to say, she was a very conservative woman and would always have soup before the main course. So she boiled water in a cauldron, added some turnips, a wizard and a genie. However, before she finished, the stew was already cold. Which reminds me that uncle Scratchy went to a very cold place once. The Icewind Dale, it's called. But that's another story entirely."
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    Drueric said:

The Paladin, Undead Hunter Class is immune to level drain.

That is exactly the main I am using.

@TheWiSeFooL: Is your Undead Hunter getting level drained? If so, you might have a bug.

Prevention is another method, of course. Boon of Lathander, from the Priest of Lathander kit, also grants immunity to level drain. And the Amulet of Power and upgraded Mace of Disruption (you need illithium for the upgrade, available through the illithium quest you get from the Temple District) both grant immunity to level drain.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,078
    Energy Drain is caused by a severe lack of food. In order to cure it, you must "restore your rations."
  • DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
    I dont think I have ever used pickpocking in all the many playthroughs I have ever played.... maybe once or twice... always a failure.