Skip to content

Will you be killing Drizzt in BG:EE?

Comments

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    I cannot find any justification for killing him. I am not evil, and I don't pretend to be evil in RPGs :)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @anduin lol, i don't focus on the gods in the game since i serve the one God outside the game, but most faith/morals/upbringing teaches you to judge a person by his actions, not by the gear he carries.

but, i will admit, he seems to give out a healthy dose of xp for a bg1 char. :)
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I hate Drizzt, and will lop into giblets for shits and giggles. His corpse can keeps his blades and armor.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    I don't even want his equipment, except maybe his armor for Viconia. Once Sarevok is dead, I don't want that meddler getting in the way of me reforming the Iron Throne and becoming a major player on the Sword Coast.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @NineCoronas Not even the Elven Chain? ARE YOU NUTS!
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    He's got just about the best armor in all of BG1. I shall burn the heretic.

NO REST, NO RESPITE! FOR TEH EMPRAH!
  • RedcoatRedcoat Member Posts: 31
    I always kill Drizzt. Every time. Doesn't matter if I'm playing as a Lawful Good paladin, that dark elf is going down. Didn't R.A. Salvatore once say he wished he'd killed off Drizzt a while ago?

It helps that, when using BG Tutu, there's a stupidly easy way to kill him even at a low level. Just have a thief lay down seven traps, which will usually do enough damage to do him in,
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    This will be based in which character i'm playing atm, there's no answer to this question anyway. The basic behavior i put below, but based in roleplay this can change:

Good ppl should help him. Neutral ppl could just stay away from the fight, faint regret when Drizzt finsh the gnolls and maybe steal him. Evil ppl should kill him (but if the cheeses where removed ppl will be in trouble).

So everything is based in which character you're roleplaing atm.
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    Won't touch him anymore. Spent a couple hours trying it when I was younger and he slaughtered me everyttime. I know "how to do it" now but the post traumatic stress is just too powerfull.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    edited August 2012
    Most of my PCs are good or neutral, and the few evil ones are intelligent and know when they are outclassed. :D (Of course, they might tell him to get lost rather than shake hands, but he lives all the same ;)
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited August 2012
    kamuizin said:

This will be based in which character i'm playing atm, there's no answer to this question anyway. The basic behavior i put below, but based in roleplay this can change:

Good ppl should help him. Neutral ppl could just stay away from the fight, faint regret when Drizzt finsh the gnolls and maybe steal him. Evil ppl should kill him (but if the cheeses where removed ppl will be in trouble).

So everything is based in which character you're roleplaing atm.

That's how I come out - it depends on the character and party I am playing. I fully expect the pathfinding cheese to fail (since it fails in BGT). While this is the most common cheese, there will still be other cheese to find at the end of the day, though.
  • pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    I'm not a big fan of elf Drizzt but is ok.
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86
    Of course i will, even if i have to find the sneakiest way too!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    I didn't even knew Drizzt appeared in BG1 when I played it, haha. If I can steal his equipment with my good party, I might do it. My evil party will probably kill him.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    He does give alot of XP right? You can never get enough XP
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Killing Drizzt in old BG reward the party with 12.000 xp points, which is by far one of the most XP rewards for creature/NPC kill in BG. Of course this value is reduced by half (6.000) if you're playing in easy difficult (unless you're using BGT installation).

Besides, he give a magic chain mail that has the same AC of full plate mail +1 ( 0 AC), an scimitar +5 (only usable by good aligned persons) and a scimitar +3.

Killing drizzt and exporting a character in BG with any of his equipment to import him in BG2 always lead to a funnier meet in BG2 chapter 6, where drizzt actually recognize you (despite the fact you could simpky steal his equipments if you export and import a character with drizzt equipment the game act as if you have killed him, if i'm not wrong).
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    @kamuizin even if you use gate\shadowkeeper to give you his gear he tells you how long he had to track up and down the sword coast to get it all back.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited August 2012
    Well, not my axe, but my quarterstaff +1. I'll be standing behind one of the four NPCs temporarily removed from my party and strategically placed around Drizzt--close enough for my staff to hit him and away from the reach of his scimitars. 12,000 XP and two magical weapons are just too good to pass up, as well as ridding the Sword Coast of a meddlesome do-gooder. There should be a quest that will award the PC with gold (and some negative reputation) in exchange for Drizzt's head.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I don't think I would, but I've got a feeling that my party may have other ideas, think of the loot!
    Ok... 89 votes in and 50% would let him go his sweet way without even mugging him of his weapons... I am actually shocked!
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    What I'll probably do is when I enter his area I will clear the map around the lake but not where he is. Once my party is much higher level I will come back and try to take him on without exploiting pathing or any of the other ways. I won't save the game though, will just try it to see if I can do it.
    @bigdogchris You mean you will kill Drizzt as part of a training excercise, just to see?!? Pure embodiment of evil right there! Like the style!
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Anduin said:

Ok... 89 votes in and 50% would let him go his sweet way without even mugging him of his weapons... I am actually shocked!

That not everyone is an evil munchkin?
  • neur0neur0 Member Posts: 83
    Depends on the party.
    Evil = Kill him
    Good + Neutral = Kill him, then reload and don't
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    I'll pat him on the back for killing some gnolls and be on my way. Minsc and I respect anyone who chops up the meaty haunches of evil!
  • MetaSiegMetaSieg Member Posts: 26
    Drizzt is a good guy but I want his stuff sooo.
  • DragonserpentDragonserpent Member Posts: 15
    Depends on the alignment I'm roll-playing. Pretty sure I'm going to play a blade, so pickpocketing is his/her nature even with a good alignment. If I fail the pick pocket and am forced into a fight, then so be it! It's not like we could out run the angry ranger!
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Anduin said:

@Anduine Doesn't your god think all Drow should be killed on site? :P

With this single exception, yes. They are a living embodiment of evil in my eyes and many others.

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416

I shall burn the heretic.

NO REST, NO RESPITE! FOR TEH EMPRAH!

I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate! Come, show me what passes for honour among your misbegotten kind!

Idleness is Heresy.

I am the Emperor's Will made manifest!

Ok, I will stop here. I just love Space Marines.