Skip to content

Will you be killing Drizzt in BG:EE?

Comments

• majinsnakemajinsnake Member Posts: 113
    toanwrath said:

@majinsnake
    You can definitely rob him of his swords, proven in two playthroughs. You need a pickpocket of around 80 to do so consistently, I did it on my second try at 60 pickpocket with Safana. However, you cannot rob his armor (that involves actually slaying him).
    EDIT: To do this REALLY early, get a potion of master thievery from the guy who pickpockets you at the carnival (kill him quick before he escapes, he has a potion). Then have Imoen/Safana/CHARNAME/whatever thief you are using chug it in front of Drizzt, and take them right out of his hands. I recommend saving before attempting, as if you fail he will chunk you.

Ok, then that will prove worth for my second character.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    A good Drizzt is a dead Drizzt.
  • asuzuasuzu Member Posts: 12

A good Drizzt is a dead Drizzt.

He is ways too pompous to my taste.
    Looking forward to our next meeting in BG2 EE
  • paulsifer42paulsifer42 Member Posts: 267
    So many of you talked about killing him on the forums that I tried this time... and got my little gnome and party ass handed to me. If I ever kill Drizzt, I will be power-gaming.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    No one ever said it was easy....he is pretty formidable..but hardly invincible.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Done and done.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    Yea I've seen decided I'm going to try to kill him. Figures, this is what I get for voting in this months ago.
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Good party or evil party: I kill Drizzt.

He has these tremendous weapons and he does nothing to thwart the evil plans of Sarevok and the Iron Throne. As Edmund Burke said: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " Not on my watch!
  • FateAscendsFateAscends Member Posts: 63
    He's already dead. That mithril chain looks very nice on my solo lvl 4/4 elven Fighter/Thief. Did they nerf him? Took less than 80 +2 arrows.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Murder is such hard work. Walking off with a free +3 Scimitar however? Sets me up nicely for the other 90% of the game. The fact I can do it whilst shaking his hand, that he never notices, and will probably face off against a grave eternal threat and die a horrible unarmed death because of my actions? Well that's just about morally ambiguous for me to pass it off as Neutral.
  • MichailMichail Member Posts: 196
    If only i could get HIS autograph. :-)
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I don't actually want to shake his hand, I just don't want to rob or kill him, as think the items this would give me would be OP
  • AraminaAramina Member Posts: 64

I don't actually want to shake his hand, I just don't want to rob or kill him, as think the items this would give me would be OP

Well, if you can actually manage to kill him without cheesing, then I don't think they'll be too bad. It's not like you actually need +3 weapons in this game, and most of my frontliners have Ankheg or plate by the time I even get to Nashkel Mines.

And since I suppose everyone can see what I voted; as someone above me already said, he's wasting his time killing Gnolls and not doing a thing about the impending war? He's even more evil than my LE char, and she feels she's doing the Sword Coast a favor by sticking her sword in him. Sure, she's only out for the money and glory, but she's still helping!

• SiddhamSiddham Member Posts: 31
    I might consider stealing his swords
  • MerengueMerengue Member Posts: 13
    I killed him. Not so much for the loot - I don't have anyone with scimitar proficiencies - but just to see if I could. It was surprisingly overrated. Stupifier procced early on, and Drizzt was stunned until his death.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    edited December 2012
    Does he have 100% magic resistance in the EE? He just blocked 60 consecutive magic attacks.

Kiting with Rasaad works quite well (his high point of usefulness so far) when combined with Dorn's poison ability. Dorn's absorb health seems to bypass magic resistance so that was also very useful.
    Post edited by AHF on
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    This playthrough, no way will I do anything to harm him....but my evil party.... :)
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    I love how people are being munchkins to take on a what they consider a Gary Stu.
  • EternalAvvyEternalAvvy Member Posts: 3
    Never been able to bring myself to kill Drizzt, unfortunately my multiplayer game with a friend may not go the same way :(
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Roller12 said:

Ironically his loot is pretty useless for an evil party, the one interested in killing him, since his AC Scimitar is restricted to good aligned chars heh.

I'm running a full evil party with the CHARNAME as a F/M/T wearing the robe of the evil arch mage (Evil Only) and using Twinkle +3 (Good Only)

Equip Helm of Opposite Alignment.
    Equip Drizzt's Scimitar.
    Cast Remove curse on self.
    And as long as I don't remove the scimitar it works fine.

It's useful and made sense for an evil party;
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Come now, we all know Drizzt is the Chuck Norris of the Forgotten Realms.
    Anduin said:

@sandmanCCL I can second that. You needed 20 to hit.

Single weapon style gives you crits on 19 and 20. 10% chance to hit works really well. Attempted to back stab, ran away and re-stealthed, reattempted, repeat.
  • verovero Member Posts: 4
    it is my item!
    the Drizzt is be for giving the sword to me ~!
    Letundiel said:

Killed him on my second character,evil fighter/thief solo.He has superb chainmail but i cant use his good alligment scimitar. btw fighter/thief is too powerfull..

@Letundiel

Equip the helm of opposite alignment and you can use his scimitar, it will even stay equipped after you remove curse the helmet.

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    While I cannot overlook the fact that he is a member of one of the most evil races in the world, I also would never strike at someone who is clearly good. I am a Paladin, afterall!
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    moopy said:

Anduin said:

@sandmanCCL I can second that. You needed 20 to hit.

Single weapon style gives you crits on 19 and 20. 10% chance to hit works really well. Attempted to back stab, ran away and re-stealthed, reattempted, repeat.
    19 will only crit if it's also a natural hit, unless it's bugged.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    I'm a LE mage, so I won't have any qualms appropiate what would benefit my cause.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    I've got nothing against Drizzt but I will rob him. His weapons are too good to pass up.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I just used Montaron with a potion of strength, potion of speed, and good old backstabbing/running away and going into stealth. Yes ok its a cheesy tactic, but it works. :D

I have no use for his swords or armour though...but at least I get experience and money out of it.
  • VilelatedVilelated Member Posts: 10
    Personally I love the guy, but I always kill him for his weapons and gear. But if memory serves me, you lose any gear from him when you export and import into BG2... :(