Skip to content

What is beamdog waiting for now ?

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
After 10 days countdown and announcing conference for siege of dragonspear,

What's the the next step?

We are still no idea for Price , Pre-Order , Release Date ,

It means there are still 6~9 month for developing or they are monitoring what's the feedback from industrial side to decide price and release date?
Post edited by darrenkuo on

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I think they're just waiting until it's finished. they don't want another buggy release and would instead prefer a smooth release like Icewind dale.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I dont think they want to set a preorder until they a rough idea of a release date.

If I had to guess, they are waiting until they think the game is ready for beta testing. At the point they will offer preorders with a closed beta test to hose who have pre ordered and met certain criteria.The extent of the beta will determine a release date.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @deltago: I'm pretty sure pre-orders would require setting an official release date, so they might want to do the beta beforehand...
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Remember that time Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has been released? How flawless, bugless and complete it was? Me neither. That's why I would rather to wait some more than experience terrible release once again.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I agree they need more time to polish the game,
    How long do you guys feel we must wait?

6~9 months? or within couple weeks?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    My guess is in the 6-9 month range. Right now is the "build the hype" stage.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited July 2015

Seriously, though, as someone else pointed out, the target is the end of the year, but the target will move if Beamdog isn't absolutely comfortable the game is ready.

So that should be roughly 3-6 if everything goes according to plan.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Cerevant said:

We are definitely not waiting. There's too much to do...

Good. I'm happy to pay a full commercial price for your product, but in return I expect a proper job of work to have been done. Like you did with IWDee. Not like you did with BG1ee. But I'm confident that Beamdog has already got this message.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139

They are frantically implementing all the changes demanded in @billbisco's petitions.

Every time you file a petition it delays release by a week. (JOKE)
    Translation: (JOKE) ( Jes OK Even more )
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    deltago: I'm pretty sure pre-orders would require setting an official release date, so they might want to do the beta beforehand...
    They may set an "offical" release date probably 2-3 months after the beta, but if things aren't polished by then, expect them to push it back.

It does sound like they are in the Alpha testing stage though, so we will have to see.

• Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    I want them to take their time and make sure it's good and proper before releasing. I'm still encountering bugs in BG:EE with Rasaad's dialogue not triggering properly and triggers not happening for Dorn in BG entrance. However I'm very excited because more RPG goodness is always a good thing.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    O_Bruce said:

Remember that time Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition has been released? How flawless, bugless and complete it was? Me neither. That's why I would rather to wait some more than experience terrible release once again.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    They're doing stuff, secret stuff. Trust me.
  • GKL206GKL206 Member Posts: 75
    My guess is that if they chose to make the announcement now they're pretty hopeful of having it ready for release for the Christmas sales rush. Doesn't mean it will definitely be ready then but I'd imagine that's the plan.
  • ExileExile Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2015
    They said it many times: "Until we'll feel the game is ready, then the game is not ready." I'm paraphrasing little bit. :D
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Looks like this could also slow the release down: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/662548/#Comment_662548
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Looks like this could also slow the release down: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/662548/#Comment_662548

They will have figured testing the whole of BG1 into development time from the start.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    @elminster is the pizza there yet?
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    Nimran said:

@elminster is the pizza there yet?

No These four green Ninjas has stolen it yet, and elmister is trying to catch them... but he is a bumbling magician in debt by age.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Dudes and dudettes, major league butt-kicking is back in town!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    elminster said:

Personally I'm waiting for pizza.

Its not related to the game release or any new info being released about the game. I'm just actually waiting for pizza :)

Now I want some Gino's East... :wink: