Skip to content

Forum Badges and Points

Comments

• Magical_TrevorMagical_Trevor Member Posts: 57
    @LadyRhian Wow, that was fast! Thank you very much!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Magical_Trevor No problem. I work in a library in my Real Life job, so... I'm used to answering requests for information. :)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Wonder if they will add proper BG images for the badges you get over 5000 comments. It would seem that @Tanthalas will be getting there soon.
    5000 Comments

Eat, sleep, comment. We like your style. 20 points.
    Maybe it won't actually be used? Wonder if they'll use the anniversary badges, either.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    Hello,

I noticed there is a new "BGEE Pre-order" badge that must be for new pre-orders (non-deal). However, some people have both the original "BGEE Supporter" and BGEE Pre-order" badge, how is that possible?

Hello,

I noticed there is a new "BGEE Pre-order" badge that must be for new pre-orders (non-deal). However, some people have both the original "BGEE Supporter" and BGEE Pre-order" badge, how is that possible?

You get it if you ordered before September 18, when the deal was on, thus getting the "BGEE Supporter" badge. Then order another one after September 18; which doesn't count as being a supporter badge, but does still count as being a pre-order badge.
    Troodon80 said:

Hello,

You get it if you ordered before September 18, when the deal was on, thus getting the "BGEE Supporter" badge. Then order another one after September 18; which doesn't count as being a supporter badge, but does still count as being a pre-order badge.
    You bought two copies?

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Oh man, you have no idea.

Troodon80 bought at least 19 copies. He/she is a true BGEE supporter. :D
    @bigdogchris, that is the requirement. One before (BGEE Supporter) and one after (BGEE Pre-Order) the 18th of September (but before the new 30th of November release date).

The most likely candidates are people who will buy the games to gift. That, or people who just want more than one game in case of playing multi-player (not that you really need to. But it would be preferable from @TrentOster's point of view, of course).

... Or people who just want the extra badge. I'd never do anything like that, though. Something as silly and insignificant as a cosmetic badge. Nope. Never. <.<

It is a little strange that the people I gift to don't get pre-order badges, though. Since they can redeem the codes before the November release date, I would have though that any game gifted would transfer to their account along with the 'benefits.'
    @Troodon80 That's because you're the one who actually pre-ordered and supported the game. :)

@LadyRhian Another badge!
    BG Moderator +500 Points

And here's the pre-order badge in the same size as the others:
    Jalily said:

@Troodon80 That's because you're the one who actually pre-ordered and supported the game. :)

@LadyRhian Another badge!
    BG Moderator +500 Points

That makes sense. I just thought it might have worked similar to Steam. Having said that, it does give my collection a chance to grow for once.

Also, where did you find that other badge? I haven't seen any of the current moderators with it.
    edited October 2012
    Nathan has one.

And when I calculated the badge's point value, I noticed he had 502 posts, but no 500 Comments badge. D:
    Post edited by Jalily on
    edited October 2012
    Jalily said:

Nathan has one.

And when I calculated the badge's point value, I noticed he had 502 posts, but no 500 Comments badge. D:

Huh... Only he has one. They'll probably start assigning those badges in the future.

Nathan has 502 posts, but only 477 comments (as far as I know, starting a thread doesn't count as a comment).

Edit: Also, I want a Greater Flamethrower of Oster...
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    :| Man, y'all are super sleuths! I'm still tweaking the badge icon before I give it to those guys -- I've got a bunch of other work to do first :D
    @Nathan, I was wondering why I couldn't find it on the badges page.

I know it is somewhat early... but, will you be using any of the anniversary badges?

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage (+5 per badge)

Or updating the 5000, 10000, 25000, or 50000 comment badges?
    @Troodon80 chances are good that we will and we will.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited October 2012
    @Anton, @LadyRhian, I was going to mention that earlier. I could probably do up the HTML for the entire list.

I'll see how this list goes, I'll also include the descriptions:

Comments
      Commenting is the best way to get involved. Jump in the fray!

(If your first comment starts a topic, you will not get this badge)
      2 points.

No longer a one-hit wonder! It looks like you’re going places.5 points.

Getting this far requires gumption, something you have in spades.10 points.

Settled in, saw the sights, learned the territory, and most importantly: gave back.15 points.

You’re practically family.20 points.

Another day, another comment, another badge.20 points.

Eat, sleep, comment. We like your style.20 points.

You are a comment-making machine.20 points.

Who’s house? Your house.20 points.

Some people are beginning to wonder if you’re the owner.20 points.
    Agrees
      You received 5 Agrees. We like that.10 points.

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!10 points.

You received 100 Agrees. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time!10 points.

You received 250 Agrees. Looks like you're popular around these parts.25 points.

You received 500 Agrees. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here.50 points.
    Insightfuls
      You received 5 Insightfuls. We like that.10 points.

You received 25 Insightfuls. You're posting some good content. Great!10 points.

You received 100 Insightfuls. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time!10 points.

You received 250 Insightfuls. Looks like you're popular around these parts.25 points.

You received 500 Insightfuls. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here.50 points.
      You received 5 Insightfuls. We like that.10 points.

You received 25 Insightfuls. You're posting some good content. Great!10 points.

You received 100 Insightfuls. When you're liked this much, you'll be an MVP in no time!10 points.

You received 250 Insightfuls. Looks like you're popular around these parts.25 points.

You received 500 Insightfuls. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here.50 points.
    Special
      Earned badges for 5 different things in one day (now you can say it was 6!).5 points.

Little things like uploading a profile picture make the community a better place. Thanks!10 points.

Mentioning someone in a discussion (like this: @Name) is a great way to encourage dialog and let them know who you’re talking to.
      5 points.

You have pre-ordered Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Thank you!49 points.

You are an original supporter of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Overhaul Games, through thick and thin.50 points.

You were one of the original members of /r/FriendsOfBaldursGate 150 points.

You have been chosen.500 points.

You will moderate with banhammer and boot! Boo will take care of the details.

(Boo is using the Greater Flamethrower of Oster, +5 against trolls.)
      500 points.

This badge signifies the member is an Overhaul Games team member, and is super awesome. The badge is super awesome, too.
      1000 points.

Don't assign to people, just putting this here so it's in their CDN

(Doesn't do anything)
      0 points.

I hope that's not too showy, I got carried away with it <_<.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    The BG Moderator badge looks fancy!

*totally had nothing to do with it*
    @Cheesebelly, I agree!

Although, I'm still trying to figure out what the image is...
    edited October 2012
    It's Boo using a flamethrower. :)

The Combo Breaker badge annoys me. If you don't know about it early enough, it becomes virtually impossible to get.
    Nathan's probably gonna kill me, as this information might or might not be strictly confidential XD
    At any rate, here's the unedited picture before it was edited into a badge by our dear administrator (edit which I find very impressive) :

edited October 2012
    @Cheesebelly, I want a Flamethrower of Oster now, even a Lesser Flamethrower of Oster would do :D. Blasted stubby panda paws can't use one, though.

Now that I know what it's supposed to be, I can see it :). It looks great!
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    I'm happy that this forum was designed to acknowledge and reward those who add great content.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    :D As am I. I wonder when they will institute likes, agrees and Insightfuls of 1000+ with Baldur's Gate themed Badges. Hear me, @Nathan? HINT. HINT. ;)
    /me pokes @Coriander and runs away
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    We shall see.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2012
    @Shandyr, people are still given the Supporter badge if they bought the game prior to the 18th of September. Two possibilities arise here:
    • They didn't register for an account on this forum until now, and so the badge only shows up now.
    • They registered for an account after they made the purchase (before the 18th), but didn't contact an administrator about not receiving a badge until now.
    People who pre-ordered after the 18th of September will only get a pre-order badge. At least, as far as I am aware that is how it goes :).

Edit: Aris4life commented here.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited October 2012
    Coriander said:

We shall see.

Totally read it in Lehtinan's voice. >.<