Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Forum Badges and Points

15678911»

Comments

• ShandyrShandyr Member Posts: 8,263
    Oh, what do my eyes see? New shiny badges!

imageimageimageimageimage

And the more you contribute the bigger the eye grows in awe for one's accomplishment.

Like, the eye on the left is totally unimpressed BUT it has noticed you. And it is watching you. And the eye on the right marvels at you in wonder for your many contributions.

Which brings me to the point: What contributions exactly do count for these badges?

"You've contributed to the development of Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition as a member of the community. Your feature, bug fix, art, or other contribution has helped make NWN:EE that much better!"

To me, that sounds that I have either to be a developer or an artist. Which leaves me to wonder, how a mere mortal forum member may ever hope to earn these badges.

And speaking of developers: How do you provide new features and bug fixes for Neverwinter Nights:EE while not being part of the Beamdog development team?

Last but not least, what does count as "other contributions"?

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 18,580
    One can contribute as a volunteer on something for NWN:EE. Like a shader, a bug-fix, a feature, etc.

Right now, we have @Soren (who has worked on shaders for us - SSAO, Sharpen, and DoF) and @virusman (who is helping with the Toolset) as people with these badges.

Shandyr
    Wow okay, that is impressive. It also seems to me that you best have some background in the fields of video game development and video game graphics or something related to be able to contribute in that manner.

It's awesome when people contribute in that way to NWN:EE. And certainly deserves acknowledgement. Hats off!

JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 18,580
    Absolutely! This is impressive and deserves all the praise it can get!

The badges are now also issued to @Symphony (for his help on the Input Trello board) and @Sherincall (for his help on programming, server or graphics related).

Congratulations!

Shandyr
    What I like is when forum badges are actual items from the games.

I was just thinking about Icewind Dale. At one point you actually collect badges in the game.

The six badges to be able to reach Brother Poquelin.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

And I think the Paw Stone would make a really nice badge too:

Of course, the graphic quality is a bit low of those samples. So if they'd be used as forum badges they should be as bit more polished graphically. I think it would be really awesome if we were able to actually collect those badges from IWD:EE here on the forum as forum badges.

However, I realize that IWD:EE is a done deal and it may be too late to incorporate these badges as forum badges - if @JuliusBorisov would even approve of this idea. Because, ideally, they should be related to IWD:EE in a way I think.

I'll see what can be done, but nowadays this is not that simple - even forum badges have to be approved by WotC.

What? Omg, what? Seriously?

I mean, I remember about the Planescape:Torment OST preorder badge...
    Wait a minute, does this concern ALL new forum badges of ANY kind? Oh my...

I do like my idea, but all that trouble to go through an approval process...

Alright, thank you for looking into it. My hope is very little now.
    Maybe one day I'll make custom-made forum badges out of them for @lolien 's thread

Dev6JuliusBorisov
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 696

I'll see what can be done, but nowadays this is not that simple - even forum badges have to be approved by WotC.

That... Seems a bit extreme.

ShandyrJuliusBorisovAedanFlashburn
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2018
    Yeah. Just a little. I'd still like to see the 1000 Insightfuls, Likes and Agrees badges.

mlneveseAedan
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,163
    If the forum badges use imagery from anyone of the WotC games I can fully understand that they need to approve it.

JuliusBorisovmlneveselolien
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 656
    edited September 2018
    Been a while since I did any mods for NwN myself but surely @TheBarbarian deserves one of those 'Less talk more action ' badges for their mod of BD's new Aribeth with an accompanying tutorial. I'm definitely not expecting one as the only thing I've published that is NwN EE specific was an experiment to test those (at the time) new normal and specular maps.

One thing I do need to know though @JuliusBorisov is - Are kill phill modules still wanted? I started one and then ran afoul of the conversation editor bug. Meaning I've got a part done one waiting for that bug to be fixed. Talking of kill phil modules, I came across this real world mythical monster that sounds very similar to the cows in the module that was released. It's called a Bonnacon.

TR

JuliusBorisovlolien