Skip to content

Forum Badges and Points

Comments

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Or, y'know, @Balquo might've spilled the beans up above but... :(
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Nathan said:

edit: also, the first rule about Hyper Chicken is you don't laugh about Hyper Chicken. The second rule is to not talk about it.

Yay, so I broke the first and second rule first, without even knowing there were rules, all within one post.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Troodon80 So I guess you should receive a Hyperchicken Butcher badge... ;)
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    What is the difference between BGEE Supporter and BGEE Pre-order badge?
    To get the Supporter badge, you had to pre-order by sometime in early October, I believe. I know each has been given recently, but I think those were people who possibly ordered from another e-mail address (you have to have the same e-mail address here for it to register, I think).
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2012
    Przemkas said:

What is the difference between BGEE Supporter and BGEE Pre-order badge?

Supporter = Pre-order on or before Sept. 18th (original ship date)
    Pre-order = Pre-order after Sept. 18th.

By the way, LadyRhian, what determines if you get 5, 6, or 7 points for Tomb of Horrors?
    I think the players got 5 and I got 7 as DM. That's what I determined it from -looking at the point totals directly after the badge was given. I still can't believe I have one of the four highest point totals on this forum... it feels insane!
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Not to me. You're one of the best posters. :D

If you want to go even higher, ask Nathan for your Beta Tester badge. :)
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Thx.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    It's just 5 points for the Tomb of Horrors badge, I'll eventually get to Saltmarsh...

Also updated a certain someone's Beta Tester badge. I'll have to check to make sure that everyone has theirs.
    Okay, then. WHEE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Shandyr Yeap. She's now an Omnipresent Authority Figure ;)
    edited November 2012
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • netlichnetlich Member Posts: 6
    Ok so I have read through and searched the forum but I still don't get how I get the Pre-Order badge. The FAQ said they have been given and more will be. I have checked the emails form the purchasing and instructions on Beamdog's site....I am missing something obviously :)
    Can anyone point me to the right direction? Do I somehow need to prove the purchase?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @netlich

Send a private message to Nathan.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    @Shandyr unfortunately, we can't just install plugins willy-nilly into the forum because we're not hosting it. We're using Vanilla's enterprise hosting (you can look it up on vanillaforums.com), which means that they're the ones with direct control over what is and isn't available.

So - apologies on that count, but we can't accomodate that request =( You will have to rely on ye olde regular human method of ignoring instead. [/begin Calvin's Dad] It'll build character. [/end Calvin's Dad]

(on a side note, depending on how technical you are, a custom CSS script in greasemonkey could do it for you)
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Oh, that's an informative thread! Still, I don't have any interest in these very unimportant badges and will not pre-order the game because I also find the badge you get for that really ugly. Unless there's a way not to get it? Oh, I wish I could get rid of all these things that unnecessarily take away my attention!
    @Abel. That's up to you... But other people do find this thread useful and interesting. That's why it's here.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    LadyRhian said:

@Abel. That's up to you... But other people do find this thread useful and interesting. That's why it's here.

@LadyRhian Sorry if I sounded scornful. There was no irony in my reply. I do think your thread is informative. I was merely expressing my dislike of what I consider trendy, fancy and not so important. That said I understand other people would disagree. But other people could agree and now, they have something to agree with, which I think you also agree, is useful. Sorry again! Being True Neutral, I try to balance things.
  • This threat is popular, sometimes i think is more about the Badges then about the game :P There is even a Hyperchicken ( or Hyper chicken) badge ;)
  • BelegurthBelegurth Member Posts: 61
    Thanks grateful for this guide. But its hard get combo :S
  • GuarocuyaGuarocuya Member Posts: 26
    @Belegurth tell me about it!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    New BG2:EE pre-order badge available. :D

No idea how long it will be before it starts being awarded for actual purchases.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This is actually very informative so I wanted to give it a bump (it had reached page 2).
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I had no idea @elminster‌ was such a powerful necromancer as well... :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    mlnevese said:

I had no idea @elminster‌ was such a powerful necromancer as well... :)

Hey when you are over 1000 years old you pick up a few things. I'm no Szass Tam though :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Shouldn't this be an announcement or stickies or whatever? And we should have 1k & 5k reaction badges.
    edited July 2014
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @Shandyr‌ um, nobody know about that. I didn't know until just now. And this thread just gets buried, so no one know about badges. It's seems like this thread should be stickied for reference and new members, so they don't have to go to dees profile to see all the badges:P