Skip to content

Forum Badges and Points

Comments

• NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Just to be clear, the system was able to tell (and I can apply the badges manually as necessary) so if you think you got the wrong kind of pre-order badge just message me and I can tell you if that's the case/I should be able to fix it.

As for the cut-off, we went with on or before September 18th. =)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Nathan, don't suppose I can earn a couple extra pre-order badges...?
    ...pshhhh. Pushing your luck, eh?
    @Nathan, baw, that's no fun. Well, I guess it doesn't even matter given how all but one of my pre-orders will be given away (eventually). I probably shouldn't even have the other pre-order badge when all is said and done.

Though the site purchase page did say something about buying ten extra to give away as presents...

<_<

Just kidding!
    edited October 2012
    @LadyRhian, new images available for the rest of the 'Comments' badges. I saw what you did while we weren't looking, @Nathan :D.

image5000 Comments
    Eat, sleep, comment. We like your style. 20 points.

image10000 Comments
    You are a comment-making machine. 50 points.

image25000 Comments
    You should consider opening your own inn, with all of the insight you've been sharing on these boards! 100 points.

image50000 Comments
    With how much you've been commenting, soon your words will be as widespread as those of the great Alaundo himself! 200 points.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    Does anyone know an example of how to get the Combo Breaker badge? Is it like creating a topic/replying/.....?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited October 2012
    The ones you can get easily are the first comment, 10 comments, photogenic and name dropper.

Then you have to hope for one of the 5 agree/like/insightful in your first day.

There's a reason nobody got that one yet :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2012
    nm
    edited October 2012
    Hey all - just wanted to reiterate that if you need a pre-order badge to direct message me please - don't just post to my wall. For whatever reason it doesn't notify me when that happens and then.. like just now, I saw a post from @Magical_Trevor from October 2nd.. and.. yeah. :|

@Troodon80 psh, me? Do things while you guys aren't looking? NEVER.... *cough*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Shandyr it's one of the ones that's included with Vanilla forums' badge system, and as such the criteria for who gets it and who doesn't is hardcoded deep within the forum's underdark.

If people would rather no one get it at all, I can disable it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    In theory, yes, earning any extra badges should count towards the combo breaker badge.
    edited October 2012
    Nathan said:

@Troodon80 psh, me? Do things while you guys aren't looking? NEVER.... *cough*

@Nathan, blast, you've gone and updated the descriptions and the points.

Also, 200 points for 50,000 comments. My God, man, you're insane a genius.
    edited October 2012
    @Shandyr, I'll be honest, I was holding back the page until someone fount it. You can also find the page here. I stumbled upon it quite by accident about a month ago (near the time when I first signed up).

There also used to be LOL and Awesome badges, too, but it appears they've been completely disabled.
    edited October 2012
    @Shandyr, I can only apologise from the bottom of my heart for the pain that I have cause thee :).

Also, yeah, the level up badge was never there. The BG Moderator badge only appear a few days ago, too, even though @Nathan had one for some time before it appeared on the list. My assumption is that only the 'officially used' badges appear on the list. Since the level up badge isn't officially used, it won't appear there.

There could be quite a few other badges that no-one except Nathan might know about...
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    10th anniversary? 2022 here I come! *waits*

... Dammit, it's getting boring! D:
    edited October 2012
    Shandyr said:

@Troodon80

Check this out:
    http://vanillaforums.com/blog/news/introducing-vanilla-reactions-and-badges/

On a default vanilla forum you can judge somebody's post as
    "troll" "spam" "awesome" "disagree" "dislike" "off topic"
    in addition what is possible on this forum

(those are disabled on this forum)

These could start real flame wars and incite more personal attacks if allowed. I think the forum is better without them...
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    I dunno. I wish they still had the LOL! and Awesome badges enabled.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Exactly what @Shandyr said. He gets the new Ninja Badge ;)
    mlnevese said:

Exactly what @Shandyr said. He gets the new Ninja Badge ;)

And possibly a synchronised post :).
    edited October 2012
    Nahhh you need two posts saying the same thing at exactly the same time for that. I got one in the forum is going nuts thread. But he certainly gets the ninja one :)

Just went to that thread to check. The synchronized post was mine with @Shandyr as well :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    We could re-enable the LOL! reactions - my thought would be that the "Awesome" ones would be a little redundant though, what with the Like reaction being there.

Thoughts?
    edited October 2012
    I think even the LOL would be a little redundant actually. If you post something funny and someone likes it, it's enough to know you made someone smile or laugh.

It would be interesting if you could mark more than one option though. Sometimes you like a post and finds it insightful as well, for instance, but have to choose just one option.