Skip to content

This is how we roll.

2»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @Skarose: After the tomes on that char, you'll be more than 'just' a demi-god :open_mouth:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Neverused said:

The Ring of Human Influence can be obtained soon enough in each game that it honestly doesn't make any real difference what your natural CHA is.

@Neverused There's no Ring of Human Influence in BG1 without mods. The BG1 NPC Project adds this ring into the game, though.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

@BillyYank: BG is very wonky with random values. Scribing scrolls, for one thing, tends to occur in streaks.

I've noticed this as well on several occasions. I've even tried to reload just to test and it seems the probability to fail a scribing stays even if you reload, meaning if you failed the first time it's very likely your will continue to fail again and again after reloading. Switching to another scroll to scribe seem to mitigate this. I have no idea if this is random or not though, I don't know the calculations in the background, but it seem to be recurring and not completely random. I might imagine things though.

• NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    @bengoshi
    Huh. I've been playing so long with the NPC project that I seem to have taken that element as Vanilla: good to know!
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    I'm back...esbmret8pvnx.jpg
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    @Skarose
    Omg... How is this even possible...? Twice in a lifetime...? With an 18/00...??

*faints

@BillyYank

I usually roll until my eyes bleed. I get a physically addictive rush from getting that high roll that causes me to sweat like an animal and hyperventilate. If I get a high roll like 92, it's like ambrosia all over...but if I roll another 92, I don't care, that's yesterday's news. I keep rolling, because I just gotta get that rush, man...it's like psychedelic, bro...gotta get a 93, just gotta get a 93...I mean, 94, just gotta get a 94... Anyone got any nachos? I'm starving...
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @Skarose
    Omg... How is this even possible...? Twice in a lifetime...? With an 18/00...??

*faints

@BillyYank

I usually roll until my eyes bleed. I get a physically addictive rush from getting that high roll that causes me to sweat like an animal and hyperventilate. If I get a high roll like 92, it's like ambrosia all over...but if I roll another 92, I don't care, that's yesterday's news. I keep rolling, because I just gotta get that rush, man...it's like psychedelic, bro...gotta get a 93, just gotta get a 93...I mean, 94, just gotta get a 94... Anyone got any nachos? I'm starving...

94 is already quite good. I usually roll till I get 90+, though I push it higher on shadowdancer, pally and other classes with high minimas
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    i thought i was lucky with a 94 on a f/m/t with 18/91 strenght....
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    Since I started this thread, I've changed my rolling style again.
    I've created a spreadsheet that rolls ten sets of stats using the 4d6 - drop lowest method. Now when I want a new character, I hit calculate, and choose one of the sets. Then that's the stats I play, no adjustments but racial adjustments. The only time I reroll is if I need something special, like if I really want a paladin, or if I want to dual-class.

Example

b8fnj3kyg461.png
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    BillyYank wrote: »
    Since I started this thread, I've changed my rolling style again.
    I've created a spreadsheet that rolls ten sets of stats using the 4d6 - drop lowest method. Now when I want a new character, I hit calculate, and choose one of the sets. Then that's the stats I play, no adjustments but racial adjustments. The only time I reroll is if I need something special, like if I really want a paladin, or if I want to dual-class.

Example

b8fnj3kyg461.png

You poor man. None of those are good rolls. With those rolls...I'd just go for a sorceror.
    S10 (who cares?) Dex 12 (Eh...stone skin and hiding in the back?) Con 16 (great) Int 14 (kind of like a mage, but doesn't matter. By the end of watchers it will turn into a 16, just enough to survive 3 mindflayers) Wis 16 (turns into a 19 with tomes, great for wish) Cha 10 (wear a ring for 18).

I'd almost be tempted to turn that character into a Cernd. Which is what he would be. A shapeshifter with horrible stats and high wisdom (19).

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    They aren't that bad.
    Fighter: line 21
    Mage: line 6
    Cleric: line 36
    Druid: line 11
    Thief: line 46
    Sorc: line 11

Any one of those would do pretty well and that's not even looking at what you can do with racial adjustments.

There's no paladin, ranger or bard on there.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I roll until I get an 84, and save it. From there I give myself 25 rolls to beat it. If I do, the process starts again and I have 25 rolls to beat the new score. Once I fail to beat it, I distribute points as necessary. Most of my character's have 86-88 totals, with a few hitting 90. They're strong but not completely OP. I could probably count on one hand the number of characters to break 90 points.

However, if I roll something crazy high and accidentally click through it, you better believe I'll go back with EEKeeper and fix it. Hey, I rolled it right? ;)